Compression Molded Carbon Fiber Deck

This looks spectacular. I'm also eager to hear what kind of a performance you're getting. Very impressive.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments.

This is a foam cored compression molded deck. This revision is setup to hold twenty, 26650 cells. So I am not sure off the top of my head how many 18650 cells would fit in it....probably around 30. The motor mount is press fit and bolted to the hanger so it is plenty strong.

At this point have the following specs:
2200 watt 320KV motor
3:1 pulley ratio
85mm wheels
10 cell 2.5Ah Lifepo4 battery pack
5mile range
26mph top speed

I plan to double the capacity of the battery pack and reduce the top speed a little so it will get 10 miles of range. I am working to keep the board under 10lbs. That will be challenging with 85mm wheels but they sure ride nicely.

ok seriously, are you planning to sell it to the public? and what's the price range?
i highly recommend making at least 3 versions from low to high end.

Looks awesome! That range though... That's the big complaint with the boosted boards. Weight isn't a huge concern to some people. Now don't get me wrong, but I would take an extra 5 pounds to double or triple the range. It would be nice to have a base model with an extended battery compartment, thus able to add capacity. Assuming your ESC can take the amps.

I will be selling this to the public. The price range will depend on the final specifications. I would like to keep the price close to $1000 or below.

UrNzWy,
Thank you for your comment on range. What range would you like to see?

The obvious answer is, the more range is better. But..this naturally adds to weight, deck size, and cost.

As someone who's vacillating between an Evolve Carbon and Marbel, this looks like a very interesting option. I'll be eagerly following your progress.

I echo the sentiments someone else wrote...I'd be fine with a bit more weight if it meant more range.

Do you have a tentative ETA on when you want to bring this to market?
When you do bring it to market, please tell me the remote won't be the big controller used in the video?

CFRP said:
I will be selling this to the public. The price range will depend on the final specifications. I would like to keep the price close to $1000 or below.

UrNzWy,
Thank you for your comment on range. What range would you like to see?

The obvious answer is, the more range is better. But..this naturally adds to weight, deck size, and cost.

I do have to say i have a Evolve Carbon AT with the Street wheels as well. While not crazy heavy, the range is massive. Especially with the street setup. However, it would not be convenient to carry around and as kinda a pain when going into a restaurant to set down. But I don't use it to commute here in Phoenix. Occasionally to go pickup food around my neighborhood.

I also have a Yuneec, which is fun to cruze on but a bummer it is limited at 13mph. That said, the range is pretty big as well. It just about kept up with my Carbon AT through a full battery.

For a later thought, if you decided to make a All Terrain setup.. Since you will have the extra clearance, possibly making another deeper mold of the battery compartment to allow additional storage and an awesome compact AT board. Which I would LOVE to see.

Have you looked into a custom battery pack? It seems you have a decent amount of space in your current design and could benefit from a custom pack for a bit more in price and a decent amount in additional range.

im hoping you will have at least 13km for range. 5km forward, and 5km to go back home, with the 3km for buffer. i dont mind charging the batteries every night.
if a commute is longer than 5km, i would rather take the bus.

You are True craftsmen

How are the batteries gonna handle board flex? I would use some panasonic/samsung/lg/sony 18650s and make it thinner

10 miles on flat land is not enough. Figure 15 on flat means 8 in a hilly city

Forget phosphate

Putting together a very simple and cost effective kit for driving the Seismic Skate Speed Vent wheels.
10410860_736668196417350_5234994009349942884_n.jpg

This is a 1 piece injection molded part that drops right into the wheel. Designed for a 15mm wide belt. Works with 5mm PowerGrip GT or HTD belts.

I could probably sell a kit for about $25 if there is enough interest.

CFRP said:
I could probably sell a kit for about $25 if there is enough interest.

I'll buy 2 right now.

torqueboards said:
psychotiller said:
I'll see Torque's 2 and raise him 1. 8)

:mrgreen: I thought you only ride Pneumatics! lol You don't need these...

Whaaaaat? I still rock urethane.

Thanks for the interest. I plan to have these available late December.
10427336_738913926192777_670510441355032243_n.jpg

This illustrates how the parts are installed on a wheel.

10612991_738913996192770_538499043840957560_n.jpg

Over-all deminsions

If anyone else is interested just let me know so I can make sure I order enough parts.

If there's any chance you're thinking about doing a 32 tooth pulley I'll buy a couple of those too.

Back