Revolt Rv-120 pro/ norco aline Video teaser

Wow, that's even a more interesting feature to figure out and discuss 8) ...but I guess it should mean to add complxity to a concept that has its strenght on simplicity. At this point would be better to get the retro-direct mech compact and boxed close to the motor and run a single speed chain. An heavy duty BMX chain, althoug stretchable, is able to withstand many KW.....any deviation from a perfect chainline lowers drastically its performnce, though.
A double output (one for each shaft end) with different gearing and a double (or a redundant quadruple :mrgreen: ) freewheeling system, with this single stage setup, could make sense. For a non-single stage, otherwise, a boxed retro-direct assembly and a single trasnission chain/belt is the more sensible approach, I guess.

Waiting keen for next pics, details, and runs 8) 8) 8)

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21450&hilit=2+speed+reversing+gearbox

This was my play into the concept of the 2 speed box.

Yes, these pitures are stored in my archive as most of the ones from the epic thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8644

Hi
Somebody know what reduction need to climb 30-40% step hill ?=) I think to use 1:5 or 1:6 with at 96v, but don't know how to calculate torque=(
I also want to buy RV-120 PRO and push 6-8KW continuous.

Great build!

If it works for you, don't change anything until it breaks, then just replace with a stronger component and keep riding. I really like how this was built with common tools and the simple solutions to common problems.

Hat's off to you sir!

etard said:
...If it works for you, don't change anything until it breaks, then just replace with a stronger component and keep riding...
that somehow reminds me how the british built their racing cars 50 years back: make the parts smaller/lighter until they brake. ;)

can you do a quick test of the no load amps? thinking of getting this motor...

Is this is Outrunner? And whats the KV?

If I'm reading corretly, you want to push the motor past it's max rating? If it holds up, that would make this motor a bargain.

Any idea what it was originally designed for?

Are you concerned with dirt getting flung in the motor from the tire? It would be easy to throw a mud guard on there...

I only have access to the basic tools ( jigsaw, drill press ) no cnc or any other machinery.
wait, you want to tell me you made those swingarm extenders with just those basic tools? or had someone made them for you in some kind of machinery?
i got to say thats the part that interests me the most, only the shape of the extenders makes me drool....

edit -
oh now i see, the back part is the original dropouts, you made the plate in between those to the frame *facepalm*
still verry nice though, i'm really impressed

I am considering same setup as yours.

What is your BB length? Is there enough space for the motor between cranks?
I was looking for standard 3-speed Deore XT crankset, 73mm BB, but it seems there is not enough clearance between cranks for the motor :?

i like the idea of placing the motor on the swingarm, but due to the extension you have created a weak point on the upper arms.
further do you have enough space between wheel and motor in full deflected condition? the gap looks very small and unless im mistaken it becomes a bit smaller when the damper does deflect.

dCpLV1.jpg

Clearance was the hardest part of this build. Reason why I had to build those extentions.
But now with my dropout extention and the 2.0 winter tires no problem.
Next summer I will install my 24" rims, it's all good 8)

I'm not concern about weak point since i'm not the first who extended dropout on this a-line frame ( mattyciii built)

madin88 said:
i like the idea of placing the motor on the swingarm, but due to the extension you have created a weak point on the upper arms.
further do you have enough space between wheel and motor in full deflected condition? the gap looks very small and unless im mistaken it becomes a bit smaller when the damper does deflect.

dCpLV1.jpg

i agree,
and maybe you've seen someone else extending those dropouts but it looks like he kept the triangulation of the stingarm, when you made it a bit square at the end, that makes an angle in the end of the swingarm which is reducing the strengh.
i think you should add a bar like in the added picture, you can use the dropout screw to catch it from one side and a good steel band to catch it on the other side, that way its reverseable
1.png

Alot of dirt-jumpers has something like this but inside the triangle, this wont do in your situation but its a sample of what it will affect
i won't risk a frame like that especially on those speeds
2.png

Back