E motorcycle... bought and legal in one day.. now with #2

Voltron

1 MW
My buddy just picked this up....$350 running, with charger, and expired plate. We squeezed it into his van, off to the DMV, and later that afternoon hes riding his now fully legal e-ride with motorcycle, not moped license plate.

edit... its a Huari branded, maybe sold by R Martin type?

Voltron said:
My buddy just picked this up....$350 running, with charger, and expired plate. We squeezed it into his van, off to the DMV, and later that afternoon hes riding his now fully legal e-ride with motorcycle, not moped license plate.

What is the point?

That your buddy got a deal and it actually works?

Or that you were able to get it registered as a motorcycle whereas its actually a moped-sub 30 mph-class?

Don't think there was a point other than sharing another e vehicle on the road... But that first one is a good one. The second... it actually tops out at about 35... and with the moto plate it opens it up for higher power levels while still being legal.

KIMG0127 (1024x768).jpgCraigslist Santa Babara.... in the motorcycle section. It was a deal... the guy took it as payment for something else.. no interest in it himself. Lifepo pack with big high amp charger, and still researching but I think it has a six phase motor? Def. not the usual crappy optional pedals low power sla junk scooter, the parts that look like metal are actually metal, not shiny plastic, hydraulic brakes with dual piston calipers, etc. This is the charger port... going to start digging in to find out what the aftermarket looking switch goes to...

Re the tag, I think it just says 2008 Huari, then some weight and tire info...nothing about the power etc. Still studying, but prob 60v, I'll meter it soon, and it does look like the John in CR motor, which got me kinda excited about it when my buddy showed me the picture. And the first thing I said too was "look at that freaking giant controller!" lol. I think thats part of the 6 phase thing,,, its two controllers in one box.
Re. added batteries, lots of room if you're willing to sacrifice the storage bin under the seat....but thats down the road a little bit while we study the systems on this thing.

The seller remembered midway thru the first one he had a second one covered up... the first one was interesting enough to go get this one... not as good, lead battery, still 60v, smaller wheels...but the same motor bolted onto a smaller wheel, and the same controller box, with hopefully the same unit inside. The perfect practice one before jacking around with the good one...blue.jpg

Its efun ev scooter . It has that same 6 phase motor that is rebranded here on ES as HubmonsterHE. The controller is actually 2 100A controllers in one and who ever said sub 30mph scooter is wrong. Its 60mph scooter. Absolute bargain.
Its older model but equivalent at present is ef-thunder @ 6kW
They now have hidden the controller away and it looks a touch better: http://www.efunev.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=266
They also have 9kW 70mph capable ef-puma super scooter.

I agree that it's a special motor to find in a sea of crappy mid weight used scooters, but it sure doesn't do 60. It tops out at about 37 currently, so now the tweeking starts for getting the speed up a bit. It was a fun road test, I was beside him on my crappy ugly joke of a homebuilt, but with about 3-4 mph more top speed on something I could pedal if it broke down 8) . It had impressive acceleration though...really feels like the top speed is being limited in the controller settings.

agniusm said:
Its efun ev scooter . It has that same 6 phase motor that is rebranded here on ES as HubmonsterHE. The controller is actually 2 100A controllers in one and who ever said sub 30mph scooter is wrong. Its 60mph scooter. Absolute bargain.
They now have hidden the controller away and it looks a touch better: http://www.efunev.com/index.php?_m=mod_product&_a=view&p_id=266

Those look like great scooters...I wonder how much it would cost to get one into Canada, and if they'll let me register it...

granolaboy said:
agniusm said:

Those look like great scooters...I wonder how much it would cost to get one into Canada, and if they'll let me register it...

You can register anything, just takes a lot of work and red tape to jump through.

markz said:
You can register anything, just takes a lot of work and red tape to jump through.
Not quite true. Check the Online Market section for some Vectrix that could not be registered in Canada.

Back