Giant dh team, with custom build frame

The batteries have arrived lipo 24x4, missing only some contacts that are on the way. Made some "battery cover" in fake carbon fiber, was quite ok. Waiting for the new rear rim to come any day (original was damaged in transit) so it is approaching a test drive, should be fun ... :D :D

Attachments

• IMG_2047.JPG
    IMG_2047.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 3,230
  • IMG_2056.JPG
    IMG_2056.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 3,230
  • IMG_2050.JPG
    IMG_2050.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 3,230
Awesome build! Well done!

dan974, ridethelightning, Samd, ...
thanks for those positive comments, yes I'm getting satisfied. soon time for the first test run. Then it shall be sorted out before it is taken down and powder coated ....

Im about to do a similar job with suspension pushing on a point on the aluminium box.

Would you mind posting a photo of the stainless plate inside?What thickness did you use inside the 5mm ally?

Samd said:
Im about to do a similar job with suspension pushing on a point on the aluminium box.

Would you mind posting a photo of the stainless plate inside?What thickness did you use inside the 5mm ally?

Here you go, the plate is 8 mm thick. It probably works just as well with 5-6 mm, but it was a piece I "found" on my job ..

Attachments

• IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,156
A small update, has made a "splash gard protection" in polycarbonate for my kelly controller.The controller is purchased as "water resistant" but in the rain sprays water / mud straight to the contacts and connections, and it does not feel good. Could be solved with a longer front fender but I like this fender. Only details remain then it's time for powder coating. Have driven a lot recently and am very satisfied, every time you pull on the throttle, you become happy :lol: ..

IMG_2160.JPG

View attachment 2

View attachment 1

IMG_2183.JPG

kickstand or Not? it has been the question, on my second e-bike (specialazed big hit), I have a rear mounted kickstand has not managed any good instalation on this bike. So it ended with a converted kickstand, extended and + 12cm modified start stop angles. And strong magnet that fixes it in place when not in use. Now it only remains to paint it with black texture powder coat with the bike ...

IMG_2186 - Kopia.JPG
IMG_2188 - Kopia.JPG

[ATTACH type="full" alt="IMG_2192.JPG[/attachment
[attachment=0]IMG_2199 - Kopia.JPG"]1[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 2,786
  • IMG_2199 - Kopia.JPG
    IMG_2199 - Kopia.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 2,786
love youre work!! Very very nice!

interesting
I have tried various stands, but they either won't fit at all or easily break from the weight
if I see this right you used on L bracket and bolted it to the swing arm just behind the rear shock

bitcom77 said:
interesting
I have tried various stands, but they either won't fit at all or easily break from the weight
if I see this right you used on L bracket and bolted it to the swing arm just behind the rear shock

Hi
I have had the same problem with finding a suitable kickstand, I ended up changing the whole profile / tube, the alloy to a stailess 10X20 mm which fitted after some adjustments. Then I got even change the angle up / down position, yes I have been using an L-bracket to mount just behind the rear shock, and finally I have secured it in the up position with a super strong magnet. Original spring works well but want to be sure that it does not come loose out in the bush ...

IMG_2221.JPG

View attachment 1

IMG_2233.JPG

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER said:
Woowww :) nice man man! Very crafty! 8)

Do you have a close up for your chainguide system?

Hi
Here you are, rear sprocket 16t White Industries ENO freewheel, front Rennen 52T. Maybe Schlumpf High Speed Drive in the future .....
View attachment 4IMG_2252.JPGView attachment 2IMG_2258.JPGIMG_2260.JPG

GiantEV said:
Very nice build!

How do you like your DNM forks?
Thanks :D According to me it feels very well built and sturdy, no flex and looks fine. have not been driving so much yet, but a good front fork to a highpowerd e-bike build. Spare parts might be a problem, have not found any shop that provides parts, but in terms of price so +++

Yeah find this frame or spare is very hard :cry:
I know it is old skool now, but Iove the suspension linkage sytem 8)

Your Truvativ chainguide is modified?

Yes, the Truvativ chain guide remade on a judgment most points to suit 52T chain wheel, the suspension linkage sytem is nice, but extreme tight ...

Thanks!

What do mean by tight; very hard to get rear to shock work?

I will keep on looking for this frame, still my favorite frame for Ebike 8)
Have fun with your great bike 8)

Thanks!

What do mean by tight; very hard to get rear to shock work?

I will keep on looking for this frame, still my favorite frame for Ebike 8)
Have fun with your great bike 8)

what I meant by "tight" was that the rear suspension is that the space around the bumper is constructed to find very little room for other shocks than the original. And it's hard to find dampers that fit this framework today, or I'm bad at finding ...

Back