Giant dh team, with custom build frame

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER said:
Aaha yup!

:x

Where did you found your frame? Ebay?

No, not ebay, none in Sweden at the time. fielded Wanted advertisement in MTB site in Sweden, after a well Wear a frame. and some got in. Should we do so much alter the frame, so you do not want to pay full price ...

Yeah you are right!
Maybe I should do that :D

Had found some on Ebay but they are asking gold for this old frame :shock:

Thanks man!

Jeep, take it easy my friend, after a while I got to talk to a frame in my area. These bikes have got a boost as good high-power construction projects, but it is not pure gold .. I gave $ 190 for a frame (frame 2003) with bottom bracket and rear damper and some parts it is probably quite right price

Yeah you are right!
Maybe I should do that :D

Had found some on Ebay but they are asking gold for this old frame :shock:

Thanks man!
Be patient with e bay, i got my last dh comp frame for 37 gbp with a chain guide.
The one i got before that was 50 gbp, they are out there .
Grab one or i may buy another.
DArren

Haha wooww 50 gbp :shock:
Those are 135mm dropout?

flua73 how fast is your bike going?
And starting without making a wheelie?
Yes both are 135mm rear , but i have managed to source a 150mm rear.
Thanks for the inspiration flua73 i have a similar plan except i will be using a mid drive big block from L.R.

If i decide to sell one i will pm you magicpie3focuspower
darren

Haha wooww 50 gbp :shock:
Those are 135mm dropout?

flua73 how fast is your bike going?
And starting without making a wheelie?

Do not know real how fast it goes, but up to 70 kmh acceleration is very impressed. The first time I tried it, I had the settings in kelly Controllen (kelly KBL 96251) battery 100% and 100% engine and went back wheel almost immediately, was about to shit on me. Last time I tried before I picked it down before painting so I had sat Controllen battery 65% and motor 100% and it is just so that the front wheel is on level ground

ps, my built is on one with 135mm dropouts..

Waauww impressive 8)

How is the bike handling, no shaking swingarm at high speed?
Also did you modified (re-welded) 135mm swingarm to fits 150mm Cromotor?

Thanks!

No, no shaking at high speed. feels fine. The swing is rewelded. But the big difference is in dropouts plate, where the original is completely gone and they just new builds outwards, if I remember correctly, I think it was about 160mm clearance between the dropouts

Attachments

• IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,748
Hi
put together the bike after powder painting, was pleased with the result. Have been to a couple of long trips and it works well. Never stop to be amazed at the power of cromotorn + kelly Controllen :shock: . Only some small things left, try to connect 3-speed switch and fix some hidden reed switch that limits the speed / power if the police would like to look more closely at the "cycle". Quite unusual with the police in my area but you never know ..

Attachments

• IMG_2586.JPG
    IMG_2586.JPG
    220.9 KB · Views: 1,614
  • IMG_2612.JPG
    IMG_2612.JPG
    236.5 KB · Views: 1,614
  • IMG_2617.JPG
    IMG_2617.JPG
    257.1 KB · Views: 1,614
  • IMG_2627.JPG
    IMG_2627.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 1,614
great job! looks fantastic :)

A while since last time, everything has worked perfectly. Almost cycled 2000 km this summer , has built a box to my Mean well powersupplay. a pair of Mean well nes -350 -48 in series, and a DC 120V 100A Volt amp Amp Combo metre...

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3062.JPG

IMG_3072.JPG

Hello flua! I am impressed, really nice work. The bike Looks masculine :p Your welding skills are excellent! Carry on building such nice bikes! :mrgreen:

Back