Electric drift trikes

$6000??? :shock: PFFFFTT I would finish mine and sell It in better quality for $3000-$4000 lol.
6000 is way out to lunch.

http://www.anderson.ucla.edu/media-relations/2010/ali-kermani
razor crazy cart

ali_2.gif

[youtube]hbGXBUif-PE[/youtube]

Built this one the other day.

[youtube]BxfF1QpIz4s[/youtube]

If anyone knows of a thread for modifying these motors/controllers for a bit more power let me know please.
I don't want to change the battery (48v 15ah lifepo4) ideally. Looks to be pulling up to 32A as it is so about 1500w.
I'd be ok with re-lacing it into a 20" wheel (but no idea where I'd get the spokes) and finding/modifying a set of forks to work with it like that, but ideally looking for other idea's to get a little more accelleration/power out of it.
Was a $260(AU) kit off ebay - shipped from Sydney.

I like this one, Brilliantly shot bit of crazy cart video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKOaF7esBFY

Dauntless said:
Arlo1 said:
6000 is way out to lunch.

Are you sure yours would have all the flashy parts that drove this one to $6k? He could make the cover of 'Drift Trike Tuner' with a chick in the pic.
Positive. And I can get chicks to pose for free :)
In a finished trike with a china controller I will have about 900-$1400 worth of parts with good batteries. The rest is labor. We will get back to this soon.

Dauntless said:
Okay, so you're killing me. When we gonna see this thing? DEATH TRIKE!

Oh, I can get women. It's that they sure seem like:
UHM... You talking to me?

I have my own thread. With my own trikes with modded motors and controllers I built all of it but the frame is a hacked Zellers special. I have 3 of them done and now Im about to get some Chromalloy. So I can hand build some better (more professional frames) But as for the price well its just time. I built the first 3 for about 300 in parts and about 20 hours labour. Plus what ever battery you choose. The custom frames are about 150 in extra tubing so the parts cost will still only be around 450 So with 500 for labour I can sell them for around 1000 without a battery and with a battery will depend on performance specs.
As for time frame.... Well maybe you should come help. I have a few things on the go but soon. I'm using the trikes for my stag in July.

Arlo1 said:
sk8norcal. I have wanted to do that for over 3 years.. LOOKS AWESOME :) Stupid Canadian gov dont alow the huffy slider or the like in Canada. :roll: Looks like I got to build one.

Yo Arlo,
I just got a Triad 750 into Canada no probs, VERY easy to convert into a driftalicious funmobile. Check it out, REALLY good power to weight ratio, good quality, and good price too.

briogio said:
Arlo1 said:
sk8norcal. I have wanted to do that for over 3 years.. LOOKS AWESOME :) Stupid Canadian gov dont alow the huffy slider or the like in Canada. :roll: Looks like I got to build one.

Yo Arlo,
I just got a Triad 750 into Canada no probs, VERY easy to convert into a driftalicious funmobile. Check it out, REALLY good power to weight ratio, good quality, and good price too.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=45744&hilit=Drift+trikes&start=25
;)

Build one by converting a Triad Underworld with GM MP Vector on 48V Lifepo4
Now thinking about more power, what controller can i use to replace the internal sine wave one?
Or is there any mod to get more out of the internal one?
Best Regards

[youtube]z3fJrC9E2OY[/youtube]

hey nowind ! I have basically the same setup as yours (i'm still in the testing phase, I do not have pegs here for instance) :
[youtube]HZpWUS03KhY[/youtube]
only difference here is I use lipos...
what's the power of your motor ? I use a 1kw motor and I already think there's plenty of power ! you probably know the verado from localmotors, they use a 1kw magic pie as well
could you show me some pictures of the magic pie axle and how you mounted it to the fork ? :roll:

I see a lot of front hubs here but traditionally in cars rear wheel drive is better for drifting. Is front or rear better for drift trikes? Front is certainly easier to install

solbike said:
I see a lot of front hubs here but traditionally in cars rear wheel drive is better for drifting. Is front or rear better for drift trikes? Front is certainly easier to install
Because you are using plastic rear wheels to make them SUPER slippery front drive is better. If you try to drive the rear it will just spin like crazy trying to make you get going.

@TheBMallory
its the 1000W Motor, GM rated it @48V to 1500W.
I think the Topspeed is good, but i´m missing some punch.
I would like to change the internal controller to something with more then 30A current, or switching to 14S Lipo with the internal.

Can someone confirm that the internal sinewave controller work with fully charged 14S Lipo ?

You asked me for the fork mount, i made some aluminium adapters in the dimension of the bearing and milled the 14x10mm slot. See the pictures.

But the Problem with the original Fork is that i cant mount the discbrake, because the motor wires has not enough room.

I changed the Fork to a Chopper one, also made some axle adapters to mount Kartwheels with 25mm Bearings.
I can still use the original Axle, but now with a bit more Offset (-;

Attachments

• 20150129_180027.jpg
    20150129_180027.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 4,581
  • 20150129_180124.jpg
    20150129_180124.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4,581
  • 20150116_144024.jpg
    20150116_144024.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 4,581
  • 20150118_144731.jpg
    20150118_144731.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 4,581
  • 20150129_163948.jpg
    20150129_163948.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 4,581
  • 20150129_164050.jpg
    20150129_164050.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 4,581
Amusing thread. Disabled ebiker currently investigating how to convert "adult-sized" drifter bike:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57408

Current thinking front wheel spun by motor w/friction drive (and Li battery of course), but also how to stabilize back two wheels to *avoid* "drifting". Already replaced back two tires worn out. Both back wheel fenders scratched w/one just about torn off. And flipping over sideways got tiresome fast, w/last time eye-witness estimated my speed at 30kmh (down hill).

With front wheel "direct drive" by pedals that "free wheel" (where wheel can spin fwd. by itself w/out pedaling) thought is to mount small bow behind seat/back axle. When stopped at light etc. to pedal backwards to pull bow string. Light goes green, bow string released to spin front wheel forward to "launch". (An "assist" to friction drive assist. Already familiar with two dog "assist" pulling standup scoot, but no longer trust myself to balance on only two wheels. Among advantages of riding recumbent eg re aero, trike can be "parked" anywhere w/out needing for it to be leaned against anything for support.)

Interesting to see some back two tires covered (above, re "wear and tear"?) but actually went "skinny" two back tires (Bontrager) to get through snow on urban sidewalks (plan to add "snow chains", hence more room between tires and fenders, etc).

Anyway... This tread now "bookmarked". (Smile)

EDIT: Also, rear pole-mounted flag re visibility? Lost plastic flag just about right away, and current thinking by old sailor is to mount taller "spanker" sail (again, to assist the assist). With sail hung with battens, and sail can be let out/pulled in depending on wind speeds and directions.

Back