5" or 6" pneumatic wheels.

torqueboards said:
psychotiller said:
They fit too loosely. Guess I could tape them but I would rather have a perfect fit.

How loose are they diameter wise I assume? Can you post a picture?

You wouldn't see anything in a picture...They're just loose. You'll see when you get them. i'm going to go the spacer route.

Good job guys. Let us know about the news.
Can you please post the link to the wheels etc?
Thank you

Just got mine. Seems to fit ok. Definitely not a complete fit due to the US standard size. I'm able to fit it on w/o washers and get the lock nut about 5 or 6 times around. Probably would help if we use slightly bigger bearings and lathe the diameter and a little deeper in and I can then fit those (2) washers and lock nut fully onto the wheel.

2014_05_20_20_35_13_20140520_190501_jpg_Dropbo.jpg

It's finally coming together. I'm going to pillage a couple of parts from another board, but the riverbed board is happening!
6" pneumatics, 245kv motor, Randal 180's, drop down/drop thru deck, EZRun Pro ESC. 22.2v, 20/42 gearing. Front wheel drive.

40inchRiverbed DubbleDropThru.jpg

i don't want to hijack your thread but i have redesigned the alloy 3 piece wheels to be more simple and i can get them for about £25 each - they will fit standard skate bearings and fit a standard skate truck..
125mmplainwheel_zps925e07d6.jpg

125mmplainwheel2_zps90397723.jpg

Skike now sell the 5" tyre pretty cheap. http://www.skike.com/shop.php?l=en&c=UK&page=5&cat=1&sub=0&go=5.
I have some on order so ill let you all know the quality of them.. I do find the 5" to be better all round tyre than the 6"..
Do you think these numbers add up? would you pay that for the alloys?
I must add ,out of all my build the 5" tyre commuter is by far the most versatile of them all.. the ride is just super sweet and smooth..

beetbocks said:
i don't want to hijack your thread but i have redesigned the alloy 3 piece wheels to be more simple and i can get them for about £25 each - they will fit standard skate bearings and fit a standard skate truck..

Skike now sell the 5" tyre pretty cheap. http://www.skike.com/shop.php?l=en&c=UK&page=5&cat=1&sub=0&go=5.
I have some on order so ill let you all know the quality of them.. I do find the 5" to be better all round tyre than the 6"..
Do you think these numbers add up? would you pay that for the alloys?
I must add ,out of all my build the 5" tyre commuter is by far the most versatile of them all.. the ride is just super sweet and smooth..

Well, I did title my thread 5 or 6 inch pneumatics so it's really my own fault haha.

$100 buck sounds like a great deal Beetbocks!

Are these wheels with the hub having freewheel?
When the throttle is off the skate can roll over?
Thanks

turbobikekit.com said:
Are these wheels with the hub having freewheel?
When the throttle is off the skate can roll over?
Thanks

You don't need a freewheel to coast. My boards coast just fine.

DO NOT USE THESE 6" WHEELS - They will crack and fall apart as soon as you go over a curb or bump - the plastic is not a durable nylon or other strong material like razor or MBS uses, it is a cheap hard plastic that shatters and is used for 2 mph non-electric wheelchairs or the like

http://www.accesscasters.com/6SPNGBS-6-inch-Grip-Ring-Stem-Caster-Black-Pneumatic-Wheel.aspx

I bought several and the first curb I hit at like 5mph it shattered the rim, exposing the innertube which burst out and popped and ground my 2 wheel scooter to a halt, luckily I was going slow and it just tipped the front end into the ground and I didn't get hurt. Yes, they're inexpensive wheels and readily available but I highly recommend against it out of my own and many others personal experience...

Will try to post a pic shortly of the cracked rims...

Right. Use these: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=60449

scoot-e said:
DO NOT USE THESE 6" WHEELS - They will crack and fall apart as soon as you go over a curb or bump - the plastic is not a durable nylon or other strong material like razor or MBS uses, it is a cheap hard plastic that shatters and is used for 2 mph non-electric wheelchairs or the like

http://www.accesscasters.com/6SPNGBS-6-inch-Grip-Ring-Stem-Caster-Black-Pneumatic-Wheel.aspx

I bought several and the first curb I hit at like 5mph it shattered the rim, exposing the innertube which burst out and popped and ground my 2 wheel scooter to a halt, luckily I was going slow and it just tipped the front end into the ground and I didn't get hurt. Yes, they're inexpensive wheels and readily available but I highly recommend against it out of my own and many others personal experience...

psychotiller said:
Right. Use these: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=60449

scoot-e said:

I would but yours are not available/produced yet, right?... When are you producing another batch, any eta?

I would recommend the following 5" wheels available now (Australia based for shipping though, but just slightly heavy from what I've heard, a little expensive, and not quite as easy to use on a 2 wheel scoot as on a skateboard, but they look nice):
http://www.enertionboards.com/electric-skateboard-parts/all-terrain-5-inch-wheel-assembly/

I working on it. Unfortunately every quote I've been getting back from suppliers has been almost double what I paid last time....I cant afford to personally fund 8000 pieces just to save a few interested friends 75bucks. And a kickstarter campaign for 6" wheels seems goofy to me. I can get a few sets made right now, but the cost (and I mean cost) is $275. (tires/tubes, hardware, pulley and hubs)

They're center set which will most likely work a lot better on your scooter. Also, the hubs are 36mm wide and will accommodate 1.3" to 2" tires. Solid and nice.

Let me know and I'll set it up.

psychotiller said:
I working on it. Unfortunately every quote I've been getting back from suppliers has been almost double what I paid last time....I cant afford to personally fund 8000 pieces just to save a few interested friends 75bucks. And a kickstarter campaign for 6" wheels seems goofy to me. I can get a few sets made right now, but the cost (and I mean cost) is $275. (tires/tubes, hardware, pulley and hubs)

They're center set which will most likely work a lot better on your scooter. Also, the hubs are 36mm wide and will accommodate 1.3" to 2" tires. Solid and nice.

Let me know and I'll set it up.

I'm interested but I'm also looking at 5" hubs and not decided yet but I love your design
Couple questions:
1) You say 1.3", so would it fit the road star 150mm x 30mm (6" x 1.18")?
2) Do you know the weight of your hub with air nozzle cap/bearings/center spacer/tire/tube?
3) What do you mean by "pulley" or is that for an e-skateboard only?

$275 / 4 = $68.75 doesn't seem totally unreasonable for custom wheels

The entire wheel (tire/tube/hub/hardware) from enertionboards is $49.95 + $36.76 shipping to US (from Australia - but there's a $20 off coupon for "liking" his company on fb so let's say $16.76 shipping) comes to roughly the same as yours...and although his are good for e-boards they aren't center hubs for scoots unfortunately but a nice design, and they aren't 6" they are 5" at enertionboards so tough to compare apples to apples here...

Hi,

I am just starting to put together the parts for an electric skateboard and I would like to try to use some pneumatics on my first board. I bought this set of wheels for RMB254, around $40, and they fit the trucks I had from enertion, except that the axles are too short, or the wheels are to thick.

I might try to sand the side of the wheel to make it a little thinner but first could anyone suggest a pulley that would be a good fit for this kind of wheel.

Thanks,

Tamatoa

Attachments

• IMG_2461.JPG
    IMG_2461.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 2,437
  • IMG_2462.JPG
    IMG_2462.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 2,437
  • IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 2,437
  • IMG_2464.JPG
    IMG_2464.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 2,437
torqueboards said:
Looks like you might need to drill out your own pulley.

I thought I would have to do that but I hoped there was another solution, thanks for your reply anyways, now I know that I do not need to waste time looking for a plug n play solution.

Tamatoa

Tamatoa said:
torqueboards said:

I thought I would have to do that but I hoped there was another solution, thanks for your reply anyways, now I know that I do not need to waste time looking for a plug n play solution.

Tamatoa

Those are decent looking hubs/wheels
Do you have a link to where to purchase them, Tamatoa?
Thx!

Tamatoa said:
torqueboards said:

Tamatoa

Rather than sand those wheels, maybe you could take them to a machine shop and just have them milled down a little bit.

scoot-e said:
Tamatoa said:
torqueboards said:

Tamatoa

Those are decent looking hubs/wheels
Do you have a link to where to purchase them, Tamatoa?
Thx!

Hi, I bought those from Taobao.com, as I live in Hong Kong it is quite convenient.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.11.obxofX&id=21641675372&_u=n2biokvv85dc

Although I don't speak nor read chinese, google chrome and the translate plugin helps when looking for stuff to buy. I saw the exact same wheels on Aliexpress but it was curiously way more expensive.
I think there are some agents who can help buy and ship in other countries than China but I never used them and cannot recommend any of them, sorry.

psychotiller said:
Tamatoa said:
torqueboards said:

Tamatoa

Rather than sand those wheels, maybe you could take them to a machine shop and just have them milled down a little bit.

Thanks for the tip, I will try to look for a shop to do that for me.

Back