EBike Toolbox - Bargains! (newest = throttles)

Index - not complete ... but good start

Electrical Components
Lighting
Charging
Drivetrain
Tires
Meters
Fuses

Sorry! - Just click on pictures to go to, where available.

2000w SCR is a Silicone Controlled Rectifier
220-110 AC Motor speed, (brush), dimmer, controller
Extremely simple and inexpensive! < $5

file.php

file.php

They provide effective voltage-current regulation.
In series with a bridge rectifier they also can supply adjustable "rough" DC current.

Regulated charge current controller.
Manual - adjustable Voltage + Amperage control!
To be used in conjunction with Volt-Amp meter and, mustn't forget, bridge rectifier - for regulated, but rough, DC.

≤ 15A for < $20 w/shipping

Hey, thanks for this! Had to do a bit of searching at eBay to find a current source, which can be had at:http://www.ebay.com/itm/281373551861 for a mere $11.99 apiece. The display is exactly the same for the Watt's Up meter I've been using, which cost me $58.84! So got three of them, for less than that, shipped.
DrkAngel said:
New Digital 60V/100A Battery Balance Voltage Power Analyzer Watt Meter - $16.07
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-60V...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item19cfc1b611
file.php

Updated all links:
New Digital 60V/100A Battery Voltage Power Analyzer Watt Meter - ≥ $10.49

150A version ~$20

36v+ DC input 500ma output @5V tested!!.. £1.75 for 2.. free delivery. USB psu's

may be ok upto full 1A but only tested at 500ma and down as low as 36v

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pcs-European-USB-AC-Power-Home-Adapter-EU-Plug-Wall-Charger-For-IPhone-IPod-/201161572308?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item2ed629ffd4

$_57.JPG

3 sizes of freewheel cranks - Square taper < $30
152mm
170mm
and 175mm
Sickbikeparts.com

175MMCRANKS.JPG

Forward \Reverse
12s1p to 6s2p
Main power plus axillary power
etc.
switch - many possibilities and should be durable!

690V 50A 12 Terminals 3 Positions Rotary Cam Changeover Switch $25.24 - delivered

Redundant contactor?
or
Use as 50A switch till it burns out, switch wires to #2, then #3 ... 6 possible 50A switches.
Enough room to mount-add momentary contact w/resistor for pre-charge?
or
Brush - Forward/Reverse switch
or
Brushless motor reverse?

690V 32A ON/OFF/ON Position 12 Terminals Rotary Cam Changeover Switch
Battery A - B changover switch
22-44V switch
EG. 24V 30A 1st gear >> 48V 15A 2nd gear
EG. 36V 30A 1st gear >> 72V 15A 2nd gear

- $16.60

Various (10A - 125A) on/off/on 12 terminal changeover switch

999zip999 said:
Can that switch be used for people with 12s lipo to charge at 6s lipo. Just a quick thought.
P.s. not a lipo fan.
Absolutely!
My 1st application thought.
Connect:
1- to charger and 1- to controller
1+ to .. 2+ ch .. ll ... 1+ to 2-
2- to ... 1- ..... ll ... 2- to 1+
2+ to ... 1+ .... ll ... 2+ con
Updated wiring schematic and added fuse, removed a power Y adapter

file.php

Confirm switch functions with continuity function of multimeter.

3 wires into the switch, a couple jumpers and 3 wires out.

Add/Remove balance Y (not shown) with switch in center(off) position only!!!
("Switching" to "Controller" with balance plugs attached will result in major meltdown >> fire >> possible explosion !!! ... ? - balance wires melting through LiPo cells?)

Simple, but there is no such thing as "idiot proof" ... idiot resistant?

They should relabel "Child Proof" caps as Adult Resistant caps ... most adults must hand the bottle to their kids to let them figure how to open it ...

RC CellMeter-7 Digital Battery Capacity Checker For LiPo LiFe Li-ion Nicd - ≥ $6.20
Excellent item for 7s battery users!
25.9V Lithium as opposed to 24V SLA.

Description:
"Display Mode:Battery cell voltages,total voltages,lowest cell voltage,
Highest cell voltage gap between highest cell voltage and lowest cell
voltage, Remaining battery capacity(%)

Specifications:
Color: Black
Item size: 84*50*15mm
Net weight: 46g
Package weight: 55g"

Allows monitoring voltage of each bank and estimates fuel level ... in a bright daylight environ.
A very budget minded alternative ... !

3 in 1 LCD Discharger Balancer Meter Tester for 2-6S lipo Li-Fe battery - ≥ $9.28

I know, I know, these multimeter w/balance function have been around a long time ...
But! This model has an external power option ...
So, it will not bleed down Banks s1 - s2 during continuous operation.

Use multiple for ≥ 7s packs.

Ordered samples of both.
Will post up opinions after receipt, inspection and trial.

Index

Attachments

• 7s lcd.JPG
    7s lcd.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 5,574
  • 6s Lithium.JPG
    6s Lithium.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 5,574
999zip999 said:
Will not bleed down 1s, 2s. ? It wouldn't bleed down first two cells ?
Typical self powered meters draw power for operation from s1 + s2.
This typically leads to imbalance, lower voltage at these 2 banks ... requiring additional re-balancing.
With external power, this meter does not draw power unevenly from the pack.

I have one and the cell voltages very extremely from the cell log 8 that I have therefore I never use it. When fully charged on my hyperion balance charger the cells show 4.5 v per cell and I have confirmed the inaccuracy of it with my volt meter :?

DrkAngel said:
RC CellMeter-7 Digital Battery Capacity Checker For LiPo LiFe Li-ion Nicd - ≥ $6.20
Excellent item for 7s battery users!
25.9V Lithium as opposed to 24V SLA.

Description:
"Display Mode:Battery cell voltages,total voltages,lowest cell voltage,
Highest cell voltage gap between highest cell voltage and lowest cell
voltage, Remaining battery capacity(%)

Specifications:
Color: Black
Item size: 84*50*15mm
Net weight: 46g
Package weight: 55g"

Allows monitoring voltage of each bank and estimates fuel level ... in a bright daylight environ.
A very budget minded alternative ... !

I like it!
Received 2, different sources
.001V sensitivity.
Worst accuracy was:
1. 2/1000V variance.
2. 4/1000V variance.
(Tested against Fluke meter)

Interesting:
Tested a pack with #1 cell at .01v and meter worked and noted cell #1 at .010V.

Pack and cell voltages recorded.
Left meter attached to 4s 2000mAh Lipo to monitor-determine meter power requirements.
Will note voltages at 24 hour intervals, and post up data after results acquired.

UPDATE:
Meter does not continuously monitor voltages, no updates.
#1 neg pin must be disconnected-reconnected to update changed voltages.
Still a bargain ... but not usable as a fuel gauge unless #1 pin connected to momentary contact button?
(minor drain on full pack, not on banks 1-2)

DrkAngel said:
3 in 1 LCD Discharger Balancer Meter Tester for 2-6S lipo Li-Fe battery - ≥ $9.28

I know, I know, these multimeter w/balance function have been around a long time ...
But! This model has an external power option ...
So, it will not bleed down Banks s1 - s2 during continuous operation.

Use multiple for ≥ 7s packs.

Ordered samples of both.
Will post up opinions after receipt, inspection and trial.

Index
Discharge and balance function are poor to worthless on larger packs.
Accuracy?
Some "banks" off by multiple hundredths ...
Better than nothing ... OK for small RC car packs?
Did not test external power yet.

(Will add to this post rather than devoting another post ...)

This explains why I don't use it on my larger packs! On individual 6s 5000mah packs it measured fine, but on the whole 20ah pack it was crap.

Got one of these for my ebike to step down from my mains battery pack output to my 5v led front light. $10 USD
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131411613239?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Its all presealed, claims to be Dust-proof/ Waterproof and appears so and its pretty small, (photo is pretty close up) and it has managed to handle my battery packs of 36v and 44v, I have manged to bbq cheaper step down DC converters that claimed to handle these voltages but didn't. If you think you need one of these I demand you buy one and enjoy it (but I have absolutely no gain from you getting one)

Oh BTW I use a front LED like like this one which I thought was great value. under $10 USD
http://www.ebay.com/itm/black-2000Lm-LED-headlamp-XML-T6-headlight-Bike-Bicycle-Light-USB-5V-flashlight-/221745350212?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a10d8644
If anything its too bright, you can here some one yell out once I start moving "what do you use at night time!?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNwclX1DMkU

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 4,964
Wow! Look at all those folks dropping like flies due to seizures. Better than a tazer.
otherDoc

I don't know if anyone is interested in the portable air pump but I came across a branded version of it on ebay - it seems a bit expensive but it's really useful and still going strong but possibly there are other brands out there :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rothenberger-1-9022-Battery-Powered-Cordless-Air-Pump-For-Tyres-and-Footballs-/251983392224?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aab616de0
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rothenberger-1-9022-Cordless-Battery-Powered-Air-Pump-Gas-Water-Testing-/221807456221?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a4c12fdd

alsmith said:
sn0wchyld said:
alsmith said:
portable battery air pump- had it for years and love it.

got a link to where you can find that style? looks really compact!

I got it a few years ago from Aldi at 18 UK pounds. It was repeated on sale a few times but I haven't noticed it for a while now. The product is labelled from Eumig in Austria- Contact EUMIG industrial tv Gesellschaft mb H. Gewerbeparkstr. 9 5081 Anif Tel: +43-6246-72091-22 Fax:. +43-6246-72091-15 eMail: office@eumig.com
The maker is walter werkzeuge salzburg GmbH, Austria but it doesn't seem to be on the website.

It might be worth an email to them.

There are a few on ebay but ask about the batteries/age, it's possible NiCd would be end of life now. I changed the cells in mine because 1 cell was leaking causing it to not hold charge.

Back