Finally, Hanging with the big boys cromo/kelly/30s

hydro-one

10 kW
Finally, I can hang with real motorbikes and cars if i want..... this thing is quite a handfull with a 17"moped steel wheel and 12g spokes from holmes hobbies.shinko tire 2.5" love it .. methods last cromotor, fing beast with . KBL96251 from fany at KElly controls. Love it! infineon is junk i will never go back . im at 70 percent battery and 80 percent phase and i am staying here......my volts never drop below 100 with my 27s pack . 10ah hobbyking a-spec nano....nothing gets warm except the motor gets around 50c after 10min of 80-90kmh riding!!...

bike is a sanacruz bullit makes a great platform. need a new fork . . . im thinking shivers or what is the pitbike copy?? anyone have something to say bout them things?

other than that i could use some help from the real smart guys around here. :mrgreen:

i hooked up my v2.3 CA to a shunt on the positive wire instead of the neg....still works but wont read amps... what could i have fried here..... something on the blue or white wire.....

also...i have a slight rocking in my big steel drops when full regen is engaged.....so no regen for now.... till i get some pinch bolts on them suckers.

cheers from manitoba canada where afaik im only the second cromotor in town.....

going to 30s....charge to 119v where apparetnly the kelly goes into protection....

i run no bms, only bulk charge. i carry a multimeter and my lipo is always balanced :wink:

Attachments

• bigboys.jpg
    bigboys.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 2,054
My top speed is just over 100kmh, the kelly was expensive but worth every penny due to the torque throttle. . .

i have always let people try my bikes at partys and whatnot......this may have to stop, untill i can get some kind of current limit switch, i think there is an economy mode on this kelly.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

very satisfied, but this thing cost alot , but hey my buddy just spent 2000 fixing his car and it doesent go 2x faster...... :mrgreen:

Welcome to 30s. It looks like a trail beast, and the only thing I can see it needs is another 10ah...along the top tube maybe?

You mention steel drops, are some models chromoly instead of aluminum? If so, do you know which, because I gotta have one, and looking on Pinkbike the older ones seem dirt cheap.

thanks john its a beast for sure. have not pitched it yet, im dialing in wheelies slowly until my new rear brake comes.... but i can finally pull up the wheel with throttle alone. And i can rooster tail on the loose stuff which i like!! the kelly still has more ... my drops are just a big piece of trailer hitch steel with slots, bolted to the brake adapter, on the aluminum swingarm. There are very few steel dh frames to my knowledge. avanti d8?

im busy finding minds to blow with this new setup. so far i dusted a few scooters and such, and many people waiting for busses have seen what this bike can do .... i stay off the main roads, love a small audiance of exclusive fans for wat i do........

its really hard to beat that feeling of pure acceleration that 20kw can do to a <300lbs vehicle :lol: :lol:

edit by pure i mean electric

Whats the all in cost? less the bike.
I dont understand what the kelly is or the 30s. I assume the 30s is the batteries.

Kelly is the controller, they're great use them myself would never go back to infineon..

KiM

well the kelly was 500 canadian to my door (bought 2). the cromotor 50mm stator motor was 500 from methods 8)
the nanotech lipo from hobbyking i bought used from another es member for $50 a pack :lol: . 5ah cells in 5 series each pack. these are arranged in a 2p6s configuration of packs to yeild a 10ah 30s pack. (soon im actually at 27s at the moment) :mrgreen:
two meanwell s-350 bulk chargers modded by shaving the shunt with a dremel.
17" wheel from holmes hobbies

crossingmy fingers for a shivers copy fork. dnm-8 . factory direct from another member who has blue ones :wink:

I have taken my chain off at the moment. was tired of the chain falling off every time i had to fake pedel, making me look like a real idiot at the exact wrong time, so now i have what i call synchro-drive air coupling . i am able to fake pedal at any rpm and its so quiet!!!! :mrgreen:

high five kim ! you are actually the reason i went with kelly....glad i did :mrgreen:

re the avid bb7s, i bought them off ebay for 60 a pair with discs. pretty decent i cant verify they are real but they work OK. I am presently running hayes 9 203mm rear brakes and winning. i would never put tektro on my bike i dont know where people around here get the idea to go tekro(apparently cause they have a hydraulic switch to offer) , they come on walmart bikes, never seen a tektro at the world cup...I will stick with hayes, avid or hope, magura even...... :wink:

60 amp phse current continous? i would want more. the one i bought has the most power and volts before it goes to a huge case. i am more than happy with 119v and 350amps phase current max :mrgreen:

Back