Compression Molded Carbon Fiber Deck

Speedvents are really cushy wheels. While being 75a they are soft but still have minimal rolling resistance. Their one downfall in comparison to flywheels IMO is they seem to chip away and fall apart. Keep in mind that we all ride different surfaces from time to time. To date, my 2 favorite wheels are my custom pneumatics and Orangutang Kegels.

I'm hoping that the 79a purple speedvents are more durable and am going to give those a shot soon.

psychotiller said:
Speedvents are really cushy wheels. While being 75a they are soft but still have minimal rolling resistance. Their one downfall in comparison to flywheels IMO is they seem to chip away and fall apart. Keep in mind that we all ride different surfaces from time to time. To date, my 2 favorite wheels are my custom pneumatics and Orangutang Kegels.

I'm hoping that the 79a purple speedvents are more durable and am going to give those a shot soon.

Would you take the speedvents over the kegels if they didn't have the problems with chipping away?

I'm trying to decide my next wheels...

i would agree- the speed vents in the 76mm are a nice wheel but the 79a purple are pretty hard and vibrate on rough surfaces..
Ive not had a chance to test the keegal properly yet..
The pneumatic are the best all round wheel..definatly

I've said it before, and we're on a tangent, but the real abec11 are much softer than the copies. I have both and can tell just by a squeeze in my hand.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
I've said it before, and we're on a tangent, but the real abec11 are much softer than the copies. I have both and can tell just by a squeeze in my hand.

Abec 11's come in 3 different durometers. The speedvents in blue only come in 75a, purple 79a

If you're riding on rough roads, I feel safe saying it's a necessity that you get softer wheels or even better - pneumatics. Not sure what the durometer of mine were, but I was riding 83mm abec clones and with less than 300mi on them (less than 6mos of riding) the core of my drive wheel shattered, loosening its fit on the axle and causing my belt to come loose and get shredded on the pulley. This was all undoubtedly from the road vibrations. I'll be switching to pneumatics soon and never looking back.

drmacgyver said:
If you're riding on rough roads, I feel safe saying it's a necessity that you get softer wheels or even better - pneumatics. Not sure what the durometer of mine were, but I was riding 83mm abec clones and with less than 300mi on them (less than 6mos of riding) the core of my drive wheel shattered, loosening its fit on the axle and causing my belt to come loose and get shredded on the pulley. This was all undoubtedly from the road vibrations. I'll be switching to pneumatics soon and never looking back.

You sure will! :D

psychotiller said:
You sure will! :D

WOOT! Seriously can't wait. It's been over three months since my wheels took a poop. Got all my hardware for the pneumatics ready to go! :D

hey there ! bring this thread back :)

I am (seriously) thinking of upgrading my setup with a 10S 8AH dual diagonal 63mm motors. I am used to ride my 76mm 78A flywheels... but I need to upgrade it to 83/90mm wheels. I am really hesitating (still) ... that will be either :
- seismic speed vents 85mm 75A (pink) ... seems... it is still hard vs the flywheel
- flywheels 83mm or 90mm in 78A

I am riding in Paris roads/streets as you have seen my videos.

85mm could be great because that will still be acceptable in terms of size... 90mm would be a boat style and maybe heavier, sluggish.. less agile...

Back