Vector E-bike catching fire

General Discussion about electric vehicles.
vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 13 2017 11:07am

Artur wrote:
vectorIbike wrote:Hello,

I see that this discussion is reacting!

I will provide some clarification.

I do not want to meet the burnt bike because it is in expertise for the needs of my lawyer and second point because I will not pay a fee while the dealer has not made any gesture towards me for many weeks.

Contrary to what can say certain, I have nothing to hide and the whole of the bike, the messages, exchanges with artur are available to anyone who would like.

Stop talking about the rim, this event has nothing to do with the fire! Be serious ! And that rim had been replaced.

Let us remain intelligent in our exchanges and as transparent as possible. (And comparing a damper problem with an entire burnt bike seems irrelevant)

As long as I do not agree, the procedure continues.


Artur, what's your "I found out some interesting facts."

I am curious about what you said.

"options I paid and lost in the fire" "The accessories I added. As cosmetic accessories."
Yes and ?

I speak of cosmetics, accessories in addition but not on the purely mechanical part.

I'm talking about retro, fender, tire, etc ...

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1060
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by Artur » Jan 13 2017 11:13am

OK. As only we receive some facts or expertise or bike for expertise here we continue as we discussed. We will do money transfer after writing answer to your publications. I am ready. Now is your turn.

vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 13 2017 1:43pm

Artur wrote:OK. As only we receive some facts or expertise or bike for expertise here we continue as we discussed. We will do money transfer after writing answer to your publications. I am ready. Now is your turn.


I do not understand.

Artur, what exactly are you looking for?

It is you who come to me by asking for a financial arrangement in exchange I have to publish what you want concerning this story.

Do not reverse roles;)

Publish our conversations if you want;)

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1060
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by Artur » Jan 13 2017 2:56pm

I said what I said. Waiting for some facts of our mistake that caused a fire of your bike. Until then I see no reason to discuss any compensation.

vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 13 2017 3:13pm

Artur wrote:I said what I said. Waiting for some facts of our mistake that caused a fire of your bike. Until then I see no reason to discuss any compensation.

It's fun to see how you change your mind! :roll:

You came to offer me 3000 € against my silence and ask me to say what you wanted about our dispute.


You must think I lie about the prosecution, damage to you.
The awakening is going to be difficult for you.

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1060
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by Artur » Jan 13 2017 3:31pm

vectorIbike wrote:
Artur wrote:I said what I said. Waiting for some facts of our mistake that caused a fire of your bike. Until then I see no reason to discuss any compensation.

It's fun to see how you change your mind! :roll:

You came to offer me 3000 € against my silence and ask me to say what you wanted about our dispute.


You must think I lie about the prosecution, damage to you.
The awakening is going to be difficult for you.
All I am asking is to prove what you said about bike with some facts. So far all I saw was a pictures from you. That doesn't work like this.

I offered you bike for half price, you said you prefer money.

Don't get me wrong, you were the one who tried to fool me month before fire happened by saying your charger doesn't work any more. And when I said "send it here and we will see what's wrong with it", you suddenly dissappear. . It turned out the charger was not damaged at all, and only reason you told it was idea to get a new charger for free... I don't have trust to your words..
Last edited by Artur on Jan 13 2017 3:53pm, edited 1 time in total.

vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 13 2017 3:42pm

The charger ?
You want to talk about the charger ???
I will make a photo of the charger to show the work you realize ....
The case is covered with scotch, the fan did not work anymore, it stopped on its own because it overheated !!!
I asked for the replacement because it worked badly and you asked me to pay it!



You ask me to return the bicycle at my own expense to avoid an appraisal.
After that ?
You do not repay me and I no longer have the bike!

Yes I prefer a sum of money instead of a bicycle that has already caught fire once

Better and better ! You call me a liar!
Do you do that to every customer?

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1060
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by Artur » Jan 13 2017 3:47pm

vectorIbike wrote:The charger ?
You want to talk about the charger ???
I will make a photo of the charger to show the work you realize ....
The case is covered with scotch, the fan did not work anymore, it stopped on its own because it overheated !!!
I asked for the replacement because it worked badly and you asked me to pay it!



You ask me to return the bicycle at my own expense to avoid an appraisal.
After that ?
You do not repay me and I no longer have the bike!

Yes I prefer a sum of money instead of a bicycle that has already caught fire once

Better and better ! You call me a liar!
Do you do that to every customer?
only one who try to fool me.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
ziltoid81   100 W

100 W
Posts: 298
Joined: Mar 07 2014 9:35pm
Location: Germany

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by ziltoid81 » Jan 14 2017 3:25am

Artur wrote:
@ziltoid81 I told you to return a motor back to me, then I would open it and see the problem you was talking about. The problem was a box as I remember. As you find out the problem with a motor was not caused by shipping from my side, but factory defect.
Caused by your packing job i had no proper box to send the motor to you.
You throwed a 15kg motor/rim loose in a normal cardboard box without any styrofoam.
So the box was eaten alive by the motor.
It wasnt my mistake but i needed a box.

And that simply did not interest you........i offered you to buy some stuff so that you dont need to send an empty box. I was actually offering some good will to you.
Your answer was simply "i have no box".
At this point i was asking myself how you would ship the other motors........

It cant be right that the customer has to organize a box when the vendor was not able so ship a motor properly packed in a proper box.

Also at this point you didnt know what was exactly defective, so dont turn words around.
Fact was, it was noisy since day 1.
Also the wheel was not trued properly, maybe due to the packing.......but that was not bothering me like the noise from the defective seal.
Long story short, your argument that there was a factory fault isnt relevant.

Your not that dumb, so i guess you try to fool me again, i did no mistake, you did.
And i dont need pms from you.......i would have needed support back then, not now.

vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 20 2017 3:35pm

Image
Image

Pro Work :wink:

vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 20 2017 3:39pm

Image


But what is it ?.... :lol:


Yes, it is a packet of tissues that was used to fix the battery, Good Job, Artur

vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 20 2017 3:42pm

Image

Image

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1060
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by Artur » Jan 20 2017 4:58pm

as I said before, and you can ask it from your lawyer, I can not offer you any refund or replacement until the bike will be returned for inspection or I will receive experts point on what was the reason.
But the way, worth to mention, do you know if you wont proove the bike burned by our fault during construction (not by your repair), I will talk to my lawer about you making a false statement. You making mistake by posting the result of your reassembling and blaming me for this.
Waiting bike or expert report from you till then..

vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 20 2017 5:23pm

You do not think about the long term;)


So if I understand correctly, you do not take collateral unless you decide it yourself? Even if you are responsible for the fault?

I will allow myself to continue to inform people about your practices and your business sense

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1127
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by DasDouble » Jan 20 2017 5:34pm

How can the whole bike burn but the tissues still stay like that on the bike? they should got smoked too..?!
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1060
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by Artur » Jan 20 2017 5:49pm

vectorIbike wrote:Too bad for you


You will lose customers;)

You think this advertising is profitable for you?

Now you lose customers and when I get repaired by the criminal way, I will have the result on the forums.

And then you will lose even more.

You do not think about the long term;)

There are rules we should follow.

TERMS OF WARRANTY
PLEASE NOTE:
...Any alterations to the original design shall void warranty coverage.
...All freight charges (including but not limited to import/export fees and taxes) for warranty inspection and/or service will be borne by the original owner, not including return shipment for products replaced/repaired under warranty conditions, which will be covered by VECTOR™
...All freight charges for warranty service will be borne by the customer.

You didn't have the warrany. My idea was to help you, instead you start spamming.. No I have no desire to help you any more.

User avatar
DasDouble   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1127
Joined: Jul 12 2015 1:35pm
Location: GERMANIA :D

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by DasDouble » Jan 21 2017 5:17am

@Ibike mate this is kinda getting annoying. Try to solve this like a grown up man. And not like a little kit screaming and spamming on the internet..
Mechatronics-Engineering Student
-Built own ebike: ✔
-Built own 3.2kWh LiIon battery (300Amps): ✔
-Overtake Porsche with own Ebike: ✔
-Take off with ebike: ✖

~14kW, 3.2kWh LiIon, QS 205 8ml ff, hubsink

User avatar
madin88   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2907
Joined: May 27 2013 2:02am
Location: Austria

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by madin88 » Jan 21 2017 10:17am

DasDouble wrote:How can the whole bike burn but the tissues still stay like that on the bike? they should got smoked too..?!
could it not be that he took the pics BEFORE the fire? :wink:
@Ibike mate this is kinda getting annoying. Try to solve this like a grown up man. And not like a little kit screaming and spamming on the internet..
Elias, you never had problems with Artur. Good for you.
You have met him personally and probably you guys had a good time together, but myself and others have mail-ordered our parts, which is by far a different thing as if you appear in person ;)

@vectorIbike

After all the picks i've seen i'm shocked about how distal everything is from technical standards and regulations.
Vector either has a big lack of technical (mainly electrical) know how, or making profit as the uppermost philosophy of that company is the reason for that.
anyhow, the real bad thing is that customers get fooled if there appears an unvorseen problem (as learned myself)

In your case, you now getting cheated of your warranty because you have done the controller repair by yourself as suggested by Vector.
Artur wrote: There are rules we should follow.

TERMS OF WARRANTY
PLEASE NOTE:
...Any alterations to the original design shall void warranty coverage.
...All freight charges (including but not limited to import/export fees and taxes) for warranty inspection and/or service will be borne by the original owner, not including return shipment for products replaced/repaired under warranty conditions, which will be covered by VECTOR™
...All freight charges for warranty service will be borne by the customer.

You didn't have the warrany. My idea was to help you, instead you start spamming.. No I have no desire to help you any more.
The best would be to not take the controller repair into account anymore, and treat the case like it happened under NORMAL warranty conditions.
If you need to have the bike back for inspection before you can "do anything", than you should be so kind and cover the shipping costs.

I can assure you that i also will not pay for shipping back those faulty kickstands.
If you like to have the broken pieces back for warranty coverage, than give me a return stamp or the money first.
It is annoying enough for me to unmount, packing the parts and bring it to the post office - mostly because i trusted in your words before that those prototype stands will be strong enough, which turned out that it was a lie.
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- Fully road legal (L1E approval) e-bike based on Votec V-FR frame
/ MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

User avatar
brumbrum   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1315
Joined: Oct 30 2010 3:29pm
Location: Wales U.K

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by brumbrum » Jan 21 2017 11:12am

Artur wrote:
vectorIbike wrote:Too bad for you


You will lose customers;)

You think this advertising is profitable for you?

Now you lose customers and when I get repaired by the criminal way, I will have the result on the forums.

And then you will lose even more.

You do not think about the long term;)

There are rules we should follow.

TERMS OF WARRANTY
PLEASE NOTE:
...Any alterations to the original design shall void warranty coverage.
.

^^ i bet you didnt tell him that when you instructed him to fix it himself Lol.
My NYX and cromotor build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74615
My LMX 161 dirt bike build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94074

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1060
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by Artur » Jan 21 2017 11:13am

I was not talking about controller repair. As I saw from a picture he used some material to cover the side panels and non original bolts for side panels. This is only what I saw from a pictures. Who knows what was changed inside? How can you blame me if we saw 0 pictures after reassembling ALL electronics?! Maybe I missed something?

vectorIbike   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 14 2016 2:21pm

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by vectorIbike » Jan 21 2017 12:43pm

Artur,

It was YOU and you alone that had asked me to intervene on the bike.

I sent you a photo of each step and you followed my live intervention.


You asked me to intervene because you did not want to get my bike back.


The sides panels are covered with carbon and are your original parts with a carbon decoration !! Not a manufactured piece !!! It's your original parts.

2old   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1009
Joined: Jul 19 2014 3:20pm
Location: Socal

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by 2old » Jan 21 2017 1:20pm

Good to keep this thread current in order to warn others that due diligence is mandatory before selecting a vendor (and there is one to be avoided).

User avatar
madin88   100 MW

100 MW
Posts: 2907
Joined: May 27 2013 2:02am
Location: Austria

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by madin88 » Jan 21 2017 2:23pm

Artur wrote:How can you blame me if we saw 0 pictures after reassembling ALL electronics?! Maybe I missed something?
maybe he forgot to add the pack of hankies or he did not wrap as much electrical tape around the solder joints :lol:

seriously, as he noticed that some things were not done properly on the wiring, i would say he has not done it worse :P
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- Fully road legal (L1E approval) e-bike based on Votec V-FR frame
/ MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

User avatar
Artur   100 kW

100 kW
Posts: 1060
Joined: Jul 03 2014 3:29am

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by Artur » Jan 21 2017 7:01pm

madin88 wrote:
Artur wrote:How can you blame me if we saw 0 pictures after reassembling ALL electronics?! Maybe I missed something?
maybe he forgot to add the pack of hankies or he did not wrap as much electrical tape around the solder joints :lol:

seriously, as he noticed that some things were not done properly on the wiring, i would say he has not done it worse :P
Haters gonna hate) you just showed once again your personal opinion to me. But I don care about Your opinion. I have hundreds of clients, maybe over thousand so far, and they have another opinion to your.

User avatar
amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 26901
Joined: Aug 17 2009 6:43am
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group
Contact:

Re: Vector E-bike catching fire

Post by amberwolf » Jan 21 2017 8:52pm

It would be interesting to see as many as possible Vector owners of a more technical bent (so they know what they are doing with it; less risk of damage/problems, but anyone would be welcome to do this as long as they understand they could break things and need to fix them) open up their whole bike, going over it with a "fine tooth comb" taking pictures of everything at every step, inside and out, and posting those up either here or in a separate thread dedicated to that purpose.

Locked