Sabvaton & QS

General Discussion about electric bicycles.
Post Reply
User avatar
changeissimple   10 W

10 W
Posts: 93
Joined: Oct 18 2017 3:26pm

Sabvaton & QS

Post by changeissimple » Sep 27 2018 1:44pm

I am setting up my QS205 with my Sabvaton 72150. I am using a 72v li-ion 18650 battery. Wondering if anyone has any experience and can offer advice before i start making all the connections and running the hall tests.

SirLongAss   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 26 2018 10:55am

Re: Sabvaton & QS

Post by SirLongAss » Sep 27 2018 7:06pm

changeissimple wrote:
Sep 27 2018 1:44pm
I am setting up my QS205 with my Sabvaton 72150. I am using a 72v li-ion 18650 battery. Wondering if anyone has any experience and can offer advice before i start making all the connections and running the hall tests.
Not really as it's pretty close to plug and play with the QS205.

The only thing I could recommend is make sure the "ignition" is hooked up and on when you go to program it. Also, don't burn up your battery or motor by pulling too many amps for too long.

User avatar
changeissimple   10 W

10 W
Posts: 93
Joined: Oct 18 2017 3:26pm

Re: Sabvaton & QS

Post by changeissimple » Sep 27 2018 7:43pm

SirLongAss wrote:
Sep 27 2018 7:06pm
changeissimple wrote:
Sep 27 2018 1:44pm
I am setting up my QS205 with my Sabvaton 72150. I am using a 72v li-ion 18650 battery. Wondering if anyone has any experience and can offer advice before i start making all the connections and running the hall tests.
Not really as it's pretty close to plug and play with the QS205.

The only thing I could recommend is make sure the "ignition" is hooked up and on when you go to program it. Also, don't burn up your battery or motor by pulling too many amps for too long.
By ignition, do you mean the key switch? And I haven't gotten clarity on whether I need a precharge resistor and a big fuse. I have both but won't bother using if I don't need them?? Any advice?


My battery is only 70amp max. I will probably rework with another battery later on to go up to at least 100 amps.

SirLongAss   100 mW

100 mW
Posts: 47
Joined: Aug 26 2018 10:55am

Re: Sabvaton & QS

Post by SirLongAss » Sep 28 2018 4:49am

changeissimple wrote:
Sep 27 2018 7:43pm
SirLongAss wrote:
Sep 27 2018 7:06pm
changeissimple wrote:
Sep 27 2018 1:44pm
I am setting up my QS205 with my Sabvaton 72150. I am using a 72v li-ion 18650 battery. Wondering if anyone has any experience and can offer advice before i start making all the connections and running the hall tests.
Not really as it's pretty close to plug and play with the QS205.

The only thing I could recommend is make sure the "ignition" is hooked up and on when you go to program it. Also, don't burn up your battery or motor by pulling too many amps for too long.
By ignition, do you mean the key switch? And I haven't gotten clarity on whether I need a precharge resistor and a big fuse. I have both but won't bother using if I don't need them?? Any advice?


My battery is only 70amp max. I will probably rework with another battery later on to go up to at least 100 amps.
Yes that is what I mean. For my bike I don't use a precharge resistor and I've had no problems. Fuses are lame. Use breakers. I have two 100A breakers in parallel for my bike.

Also, I recommend buying/building a battery that can do 150A. I mean you bought the the 72v 150a Sabvaton for a reason. Why settle for less power? You should get statorade ferrofluid and hub sinks if your going to run it at that power tho.

https://hubsink.com/collections/all

Post Reply