Dillenger 1500W kit Vs Leafbike 1500W kit

Lone_Ranger

1 µW
First of all I would like to say hello to all. I have been a lurker here for quite a while reading through a host of information and knowledge.

I am about to build my first rear wheel drive ebike and after reading some of the plentiful information provided Neptronix and others ( You have exceptionally interesting videos buddy ) I have come down to either the Dillenger 1500W kit or Leafbike 1500W kit on a 700C rim. This is not going to be a huge over volting project, more for reliable commuting (on a private road of course!).

The Dillenger kit seems to have superior connectors, rather than a bunch of spaghetti that the leafbike has! (I would like the kit to be as water resistant as possible) But could those with more knowledge of mine on electronics give their opinions of which of the two would be better suited to my task as hand.

I shall be pairing the kit with a suitable battery of 20ah or slightly more. Would there be any consensus as to which (Samsung cells?) one should purchase?

I'll thank you in advance for your replies. (Maybe I am totally incorrect in my choice of two???)

Happy biking all!!

Leafebike kit:

http://www.leafbike.com/products/di...tric-bike-kit-20ah-upgraded-by-dillenger.html

I have the Dillenger 1000w kit from last year (with the rear rack battery, now stored in my frame bag) with the upgraded connectors (no spaghetti). I have been in the driving summer rain here in FL and have never had an issue with water. I cover my display with a plastic sandwich baggie, but the display, brake, and motor connectors are out in the rain.

Back