I rarely do surveys because who knows where the link sends ya, I dont recognize "forms.gle"
I will explain why I use my D.I.Y. electric bicycle, as I think it would be helpful for anyone on the fence about purchasing an ebike. The price is worth every penny, no matter if its a $5k Trek, $3k Enduro/Stealth, $1.2k Walmart specific ebike, Some Amazon or Ebay wonder ebike, or DIY. DIY is better value imo. I would highly highly advise against buying a used ebike, and 4 highly's against buying a used battery, any used battery.
Pro's (Random Order of Importance)
1) It's cheap transportation. Bikes can be had for free, or very cheap if your patient. Then for under a grand, your rolling.... easy, its not that hard at all. Sure a cheap-ass battery, but the hub motor kit, whats it at now with inflation like $250-300 for a 500-1kw setup. Plus the cost savings with automobiles in general.
2) Its super easy to work on and fix, even a very young child can work on it without any problems. Bolts, wires and if your feeling fancy your own connectors instead of the cheap shit passed unto the consumer, a point of failure.
3) Space - Not really a concern for me but for others, ebikes take very up little space. This day and age, where people cant afford spacious dwellings and when they can afford it, they come with no parking spot title for condos (more and more common now), or paid parking for some of the rental market, The big rental corp Boardwalk for example, I've seen ads with a $25-50/m parking spot fee, and pet fee's.
4) This has become my #1 - Fitness and Health, experts say we lose 2-3% of our muscle a year. Not sure how much muscles are being built up bicycling, but the cardio is working. You can make the pedaling as hard or as easy as you want, even not pedaling at all for miles and miles and miles. Its a common saying to point the finger at ebikers and call them cheaters, the real cheaters are the ones that drive automobiles, those are the ultimate cheaters. Worst of all, hauling your bicycle or ebike on the automobile to ride the bike/ebike. I guess I have all the time in the world, but if you get out and ride, who cares. At least you are off the couch, and most importantly you are logged off of brain mush bs (Facebook, Twitter etc - that makes people not think at all, minimal if zero critical thinking skills.) Back to ebikes.
5) Its fun, it gives me a smile even when its miserable out. You will see me at the corner of a major intersection, a dark gloomy day, fast wind, rain, hail, whatever, and me smiling. I've been known to give the single handed rock hand signal many many times while riding not giving a fck who is seeing it. Its a real blast, much much fun.
6) Surely there are more pro's, and thats all I care to look atm.
Hello everyone, I'm in college working on a project relating to how people use their electric vehicles. Particularly electric bikes, scooters, and skateboards. I made a survey asking why people own their specific vehicle(s) and if you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes complete the form, I would greatly appreciate your input.
I tried to make the survey quick to complete so if you feel you have more information to add, feel free to comment it here.
Here is the link to the form:
I had a suspicion it might have been Google forms but like I said I dont do surveys, and I cant remember ever doing an online survey.
Without knowing https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db/gle.html is related to Google at all.
This seems like a legit Google forms survey I’ve done 100 times before.