New Puma Video 26 Inch Wheel - With Digital On screen Info

knoxie

1 MW
Hello Guys

Right Thought I would get a video done of the new Puma in a 26 inch wheel with the data logger running, I think with these batteries and kits its nice to see in real time what they are doing, the data logger is superb for seeing in real time what its up to.

I was using the blue Lipo which is an amazing battery, watch the video and see how under heavy load the volts never slip more than 1.5 volts under 37V!! even at 32A which is very good for a cell all on its own.

The digital dash is synced with the action, the top flat speed was 25mph, outside air temp was about 3 deg c.

The dashboard on the full resolution video is much clearer, I may host the next film myself so you can see detail, I will also have the magnetic sensor on it to show speed, I can also log the motor RPM as well using a plug in sensor!

Right here's the link, id suggest resizing it (make it smaller on the screen) if it looks blocky also you can download the player then download the film as it looks better.

Right enjoy

Cheers

Knoxie

http://tinyurl.com/2pux69

Nice video !!!!

That motor seems pretty peppy at 1000 W + ! 8)

After a run like that .. is the hub warm/hot/ or cool ?

I saw the volts drop to 35-36 when you went up the dirt hill.. small spike at 32 amps .. wow.... my nicads wouuld not even deliver 30 amps for more than 2 seconds to start with and drop to 31v at that kind of load lol....

Good show !

Hi

Here is a quick graph of the data logger data from the battery in the Puma vid, you can see even under heavy load the battery holds up well, the data logger is a great tool for evaluating motors and batteries.

Sorry about the size of the picture, has to be this big to make any sense.

Cheers

Knoxie

data.jpg

Hi

Yes cheers, the battery was freezing cold as well so it is esp good, that bank right at the end was a tough climb and it did dip to 35V for a fraction of a sec, but thats still pretty good going when you look at the chart overall.

Pay no attention to the low volts figure of 5 volts as the data logger logged it when i turned the system off :roll: nevermind, still its an ace tool for evaluating and yes you are right my NIMH are going to look like rubbish when compared on the graph, I don't want to do it really but feel I need to to show you all just how good Lipo is against other batteries in real world apps.

Cheers

Knoxie

Excellent vid!

How do you get the instrumentation on the video like that?
That's way cool. I'd like to just have a realtime display like that on my scooter.
Can the datalogger interface to something like a Palm for a display?

It still gives me white knuckles watching your videos when you get in traffic, with everybody driving the wrong way :shock:
And I guess it doesn't matter which way you're going when you get squished into a wall by a huge truck!

I'd be frozen solid after riding like that in 3deg. C weather. I think it's too cold when it's below about 25C. The sacrafices made in the name of science....

OK, next time try 72v.

Hello Richard

I use an eagle tree micro logger, they are amazing and the software is brilliant, so useful for this sort of thing. I load back the data from it to the software, the software then lets you play back in real time what its captured.

You can log in real time to a pc as well in the same way with the dials showing so yes you could use it for a digital dashboard on your scooter! cool or what :) - They do an lcd screen for it which will show you all thats going on, its nice as there is no shunt as such as its built in so you can put the screen on the end of your nose if you want!

I use camtasia to capture the playback and then lay that on to the video in real time.

They do all sorts of loggers at eagle tree and the prices are very good indeed.

Check out this mental helicopter video with digital dashboard it stunning.

http://www.tppacks.com/video/TRex 600 A50-10S 10s1p-4700 PL 5-7-06.wmv

The Main website for them is here

http://www.eagletreesystems.com

We got snow and lots of it coming, getting the KMX rigged up tonight for action!! ha ha

Cheers

Paul

Integrating an inclinometer could be very cool. Might be hard to distinguish from accelleration/decelleration tho.

Stay warm!

:)

Where's our 72-90v Puma video with acceleration & inclination tests?
You're fartin' around on the bunny hill, man. :)

Nice job with the instrumentation overlay -- a less bouncy, and more elegant method than having the instruments in view of the camera as I do. I haven't seen any similar software for macs yet....

I'd like to see your videos in full-rez too. Even if all you can manage to host yourself is few-minute-snippits, that'd be a nice accompaniment.

Hi Folks

Thanks for the comments so far, it is great software and the logger is so small and neat. The graphing capabilities are superb as well, I still haven't stopped messing about with it yet!!

Yes I will get and do the 26 Inch video at 72V its just too cold and icy to risk it at the moment and we have a lot of snow coming now. It runs fantastic at 37V as you can see although I suppose more is nice.

I will see if I can drop some higher resolution clips on my nas box for a short while, thanks for the offer of the hosting, I may take you up on that depending on how much bandwidth goes off.

I only capture the video in 352 x 288 at the moment I have a bigger card so I can go up in quality for the next film.

Here is the quicktime Mov of the dashboard in high res, I will try and sort the clips out later If I get time.

Its going to be fun with the KMX in the snow!! ha ha may just film that one as well!!

Cheers

Knoxie

Attachments

• kmx in snow-1.jpg
    kmx in snow-1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 4,094
Dashboard video

Quick blast of the dashboard, you can add in a pile more meters the more sensors you have like, speed motor rpm etc etc, I can also map my altitude and gps coordinates and a little red dot on the map from google earth!! ha ha its all a lot of fun.

Heres the clip

Cheers

IF its a little slow to load its just coz its coming off my nas box here.

Cheers

Knoxie

http://tinyurl.com/2zmnbs

great video knoxie - that display is super cool :)
that was a pretty good run at 36v, 25mph compared to 21mph or so in the 20" wheel - i guess that should be close to 45 mph at 72v then? very quick :)
dreading the snow myself and god knows how you were riding in 3 deg.C i haven't moved from the heater in three days!!!
oh i did pop out to pick up my wheel ;)

cheers

D

Hi DC

Yes it run very well in a 26 incher, I wouldnt hesitate in having one of these now instead of my USPD, never thought I would say that about a hub motor! that said my USPD is going strong still so I aint giving up on it and there are pros and cons to both, besides the 26 inch and BMX wheels are Marks not mine!! ha ha.

Cheers

Knoxie

maybe he'll let you keep them as a thank you :)
hows banbury? i have loads of snow here and i haven't gone in today ;)
might get to tyre the wheel later but have to rebuild a pc first - did you ride in today?

D

Back