Programming "generic" controller

Dandeson

1 µW
Hi, Is there any way to program this controller, seems to be made by 'LENZOD'.
For some reason its limited to 20km/h and it would be amazing to remove the limit and to increase the current limit.
I can't find any manuals in English nor do I have any experience with these.

It seems to be using a FORTIOR FU6818Q and there is a "download" port(or soldering spots for it) but I need to check what pins they go to, left one seems to be ground.

All suggestions are welcome and appreciated
IMG_20221229_201739.jpg

You'd need the software from the specific controller manufacturer, usually for that specific model, to be able to change settings in it, if it has any that can be changed outside the factory. The port itself is likely a serial port that you'd need a USB-serial adapter to connect to a computer (some of them can be specific in which ones will work with them, some aren't).

The most effective way to do what you want is to replace the controller (and it's display, if any, with a matching set) with one that does the things you need it to, and has available software from the manufacturer for it to change any settings you would like to be able to. (or has those settings available directly thru the display menus).

KT (kunteng) controllers, with their matching displays that allow access to many settings in them without any computer-based software, may be a useful choice, though they are significantly more expensive than the generic cheap controllers (that are probably closer to what you have there). Some KT controllers are also capable of having the OSFW open source firmware developed here on the forum (there are several threads for it) installed, which gives even more options.

Thanks for replying.

Sadly the manufacturer's websites seem to be long gone, new controller it is, luckily I can salvage all the fets from this controller.
I'll check on the KT controllers, might even go with a Arduino based one that I could easily upgrade as I see fit.

If you want an open-source controller, I recommend either the KT ones reflashed with the OSFW, or whatever VESC variant is suitable for your needs. (there are a lot of them, all the way up to stuff you can use to run a race motorcycle, or a or car).

There is also OSFW for some of the Lishui variants.

I often need to replace controllers in generic 36v scooters that I can't get parts for. I'll include a photo of the one I currently want to replace on an m365 clone.
I often use this controller for ebikes, but it's too large to fit in scooters.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for where to buy small controllers? I've really only heard of Lenzod. Know an AliExpress store or any brand that carries similar controllers? I want to collect them all so I can buy one with connections that pair with what is already on the scooter. Such as the motor hall wires, cable to the display, and battery). Ideally a kit with a new display

Basically, I often have a scooter with a good battery, good motor, but need to replace the electronics without spending days rewiring tiny connectors.
(Separately, I'm looking for a similar solution on large 42v-60v dual motor scooters too.)

Attachments

• PXL_20230328_005706170.jpg
    PXL_20230328_005706170.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20230328_005726598_2 (1).jpg
    PXL_20230328_005726598_2 (1).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
If VESC is an option. These controllers are small and powerfull. Available also for 2 and 3 motors (one controller).

If VESC is an option. These controllers are small and powerfull. Available also for 2 and 3 motors (one controller).
Looking this up it seems like this is an open source DIY project. Is there a commercially available one you can link me to that is ready to go without programming?

If you mean VESC, then yes there are commercial-off-the-shelf COTS versions, but all VESC type (or any other FOC) controllers will require initial setup and tuning by you for your specific motor and system.

If you mean non-VESC, then as long as you don't want any options that you can change, and don't want FOC, there are probably COTS ones that will do what you want but I don't know which ones those are.

Yeah, just searching for an option I don't need to program and beyond that something with rather standard connectors.
Not sure what COTS means.

COTS = Consumer off the shelf.
I've seen some fairly small ones. How large is the space where it needs to go?

Yeah, just searching for an option I don't need to program and beyond that something with rather standard connectors.
There isn't really a standard for connectors, so you would need to specify which exact connectors you need. There are several commonly used types, but some companies mix and match them (like using some JST and some Higo or Julet or other water-resistant types, etc).

Not sure what COTS means.
My post says what it means right next to the abbreviation. ;) See quote below:
If you mean VESC, then yes there are commercial-off-the-shelf COTS versions,

You suggest flipsky controler, do you know if advertised amperage capacity is rated by phase current or input current because the footprint is so small compared to others....Ebike controlers usually rate input current and you can run at that level for a long while without frying it. But for exemple a 75100 is rated 100a continius 120a peak (peak is usually twice) since it is the size of a 20-30A ebike controler...could i expect to run one at 50A continiusly without frying it ?

Some will advertise phase current vs the other current, Kelly Controllers if I am not mistaken.

You suggest flipsky controler, do you know if advertised amperage capacity is rated by phase current or input current because the footprint is so small compared to others....Ebike controlers usually rate input current and you can run at that level for a long while without frying it. But for exemple a 75100 is rated 100a continius 120a peak (peak is usually twice) since it is the size of a 20-30A ebike controler...could i expect to run one at 50A continiusly without frying it ?
How many Volts? I run 52V (fully loaded 58.8) 75A = 4400Watt. When i go full throttle with a full battery my BMS cuts off at the 75A what means the controller pulls more. So, i think the numbers are real battery amps not phase amps. But the thermal design is horrible because that tiny box can not handle that heat and thermal throtteling kicks in after a few seconds under full load. In case of the flipsky 75100 significant modification to enhance cooling are neccessary (I just ordered a large copper GPU cooler on AliExpress). The 75200 with 200 amps (which is not even double the size of the 75100) comes with a more massive heatsink (you can buy it also without any heatsink or housing). But i think even this is too small under full load. But here we talk about 72V 200A = 14KW ! I just found the 75200 without any sink or housing for under 130 bucks.
All these controllers are also available in versions ready for watercooling. This would be ideal but i don´t want to put too many gadgets on my bike.

How many Volts? I run 52V (fully loaded 58.8) 75A = 4400Watt. When i go full throttle with a full battery my BMS cuts off at the 75A what means the controller pulls more. So, i think the numbers are real battery amps not phase amps. ....

Same voltage, 14S6P and im also limited on peak current, thoses cells are 9.75 amp max so i don't plan for more than 50a on this setup but i could modify the heatsink to take the heat. i have some old car audio amplifier cases (Class AB heaters) in hand....Im not decided yet, i was also lurking fluxweakening option but the flipsky doesn't seem to have it.

Back