Ride Video through Franklin, TN

knightmb

100 kW
This is a first video, so I did have some problems. First problem, the camera was hitting the speed computer, didn't figure that out for a few minutes. So expect some morse code at the beginning :)

After that was fixed, the camera stand was still just a little too shaky. The next video should be a little more solid as I have a dual camera mount system now with shock absorbing foam for a much better picture, but will have to wait until I can do another video.

If you have HTML turned on you can view the video in this topic, if you prefer the big screen, use the link instead.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6702002333808096346

<embed id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-6702002333808096346&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

Nice vid. Your brakes sound as bad as mine -- they make an effective horn, don't they? :)

xyster said:
Nice vid. Your brakes sound as bad as mine -- they make an effective horn, don't they? :)
Yeah, always makes them look.... Funny thing, those front brakes are new, so the box said it would squeak for a little while. Still, love the horn idea :lol:

Yah, my "new" brakes have been squawking at me like an aviary for over a thousand miles now, the front V-type worse than the front disk, but they're both hellaciously loud.

Any ideas about how to fix, or at least mitigate, this problem without smearing something greasy on the pads?

xyster said:
Yah, my "new" brakes have been squawking at me like an aviary for over a thousand miles now, the front V-type worse than the front disk, but they're both hellaciously loud.

Any ideas about how to fix, or at least mitigate, this problem without smearing something greasy on the pads?

I think it's just the price you pay for longer lasting brake pads. My previous brakes that came with the bike were very quiet, but they didn't last long. The new brakes are loud, but the "longer lasting" type.

Back