Running a KT controller without display?

PeterpDahl

100 mW
Is it possible to run a KT controller without a display? or is the display _strictly_ required?

The controller is a kt36/48WSRMI-HRD01. I'll be using a twit throttle and a PAS sensor along the 36v hub motor. But I'd prefer not to have a display..

PeterpDahl said:
Is it possible to run a KT controller without a display? or is the display _strictly_ required?

The controller is a kt36/48WSRMI-HRD01. I'll be using a twit throttle and a PAS sensor along the 36v hub motor. But I'd prefer not to have a display..
Yes, but you won't be able to change things like the PAS assistance level on the fly. I recall that you put power on the blue wire of the display harness to turn on the controller, but I'd verify that first just in case. I seem to recall that my old KT controller actually came with a plug that had a jumper in place, that plugged into the controller display plug to run without a display.

Not being able to change the pass level is ok. Is there anywhere i can find a wiring diagram for it? Seller has nothing.. :/

PeterpDahl said:
Not being able to change the pass level is ok. Is there anywhere i can find a wiring diagram for it? Seller has nothing.. :/

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=104462&p=1526115&hilit=bypass+display#p1526115

plug.jpg

Back