Specs about nine continent

alexscard

10 W
Hi, i have a nine Rh205C 7x9 motor, i use it with a KT controller(and a 72v battery), i need to insert some parameter through the display(KT LCD3) in order to correctly configure it, but i don't know these parameters, that are:

P1 = motor gear reduction ratio * number of rotor magnet pieces (range 1-255)

P2 is wheel speed pulse signal setting, if wheel generated 1 pulse signal by a revolution, P2 should be set as1. If wheel generated 6 pulse signals by a revolution, P2 should be set as 6. If users didn’t configure the pulse signal system, then P2 parameter
setting can be 0.

C2 is motor phase classification coding setting, it is served as identification parameter
of different phases of the motor when using sine wave drive and the default value is 0.
When C2 setting is 0, indicating that the used Quantum motor phase is an ordinary one.
When the setting is a certain value, indicating a particular motor phase is used (range 0-7)

Anyone can help me?

Also, considering that at 72v that motor should runs at 460rpm(wheel is 27.5"), and that the power should be enough(25A controller), i don't understand why the bike doesn't go over 50km/h(31mph), any idea?

Hi, i have a nine Rh205C 7x9 motor, i use it with a KT controller(and a 72v battery), i need to insert some parameter through the display(KT LCD3) in order to correctly configure it, but i don't know these parameters, that are:

P1 = motor gear reduction ratio * number of rotor magnet pieces (range 1-255)

P2 is wheel speed pulse signal setting, if wheel generated 1 pulse signal by a revolution, P2 should be set as1. If wheel generated 6 pulse signals by a revolution, P2 should be set as 6. If users didn’t configure the pulse signal system, then P2 parameter
setting can be 0.

C2 is motor phase classification coding setting, it is served as identification parameter
of different phases of the motor when using sine wave drive and the default value is 0.
When C2 setting is 0, indicating that the used Quantum motor phase is an ordinary one.
When the setting is a certain value, indicating a particular motor phase is used (range 0-7)

Anyone can help me?

Also, considering that at 72v that motor should runs at 460rpm(wheel is 27.5"), and that the power should be enough(25A controller), i don't understand why the bike doesn't go over 50km/h(31mph), any idea?

P1=46 magnets, 23 pole pairs for a 9C
P2=0 if using the hall signals and wheel diameter for speed
C2=0

460/72 = 6.39KV
I'm seeing 48.5kp/h at 72V. Enough power (only using 16.7A at that speed), so the speed limitation is voltage related).

thank a lot. but there's one thing i don't have much clear. They told me that this motor speed is 230rpm at 36V and then 460 at 72. If the wheel diameter is 27.5" that are 2,19m of circumference, 460revolutions/min *2,19m = 60km/h..what's wrong? what are exactly those "KV" ?

thank a lot. but there's one thing i don't have much clear. They told me that this motor speed is 230rpm at 36V and then 460 at 72. If the wheel diameter is 27.5" that are 2,19m of circumference, 460revolutions/min *2,19m = 60km/h..what's wrong? what are exactly those "KV" ?
Those are unloaded figures. If you didn't have any wind resistance or rolling resistance, then it would top out at 63km/h

but those resistances are won by the power of the motor(-controller), so we know, (just a random example don't know the real numbers) that to win wind and rolling resistances at 45km/h, on a bike, we need 1000W, so with 72V means around 14A. Now, with 25A*72V i have 1800W(more at full charged battery), and i think that this power should be enough to arrive over 48.5km/h, in fact, if on the simulator i put a custom controller with a 350A value, the maximum speed doesn't change from the 25A controller. my idea was(is) that if the motor speed can arrive at 460rpm, and i have enough power to win wind and staff, i'll achieve that speed

Can you tell us the weight of your bike and how much you weigh? Other considerations are the brand/type tires that you are running, and at what tire pressures your are at. Meanwhile, the speeds that you now achieve are about what you can expect with your 72 volt batt that is limited to 25 amps by the controller (imo). You should also consider that your 72 volt battery could be sagging well below 72 volts...

On my Leaf motor (efficient 9C), running ~78V, it's pulling 51A at 45mph (w/o field weakening. field weakening kicks in above that, so start pulling bigger amps). It's at around 35A at 40mph (64km/h), so takes 16A for that extra 5mph. My rear tire is 25" in diameter.

37mph is about 28A, which is around where you are topping out. Are you using a fairing or riding a velomobile where you would expect better performance?

460/72 = 6.39KV
I'm seeing 48.5kp/h at 72V. Enough power (only using 16.7A at that speed), so the speed limitation is voltage related).
E-hp in the post about the 460rpm that should be 60km/h on a 27,5" i was answering to this post because you said that the limitation was volted related because the Power should be enough, and i agree that the Power should be enough (the kit is installed on a MTB rock rider), but then if the motor Is rated for 460rpm why cant i reach that Speed? This is what im trying to figure out. I also have a wattmeter and at full throttle shows 2000W.
According to Bike Calculator , on a MTB, 25kg+75, with 2kW i should go over 60km/h that are the limit in rpm of the motor at 72V
(The battery full charged has 84V.)
Besides, Just After like 10-15km of use, probably because of the drop in the battery voltage, i cant even reach 50km/h and the speed drops to 46

Last edited:
Hmm, I got fooled again.
Be sure to provide an update once you achieve your goal in order to help others in the future :bigthumb:

Last edited:
btw, i don't know if the simulator is reliable about the max speed. for example, a friend of mine has the same configuration i have, but with a 5KV motor, and he can reach 52km/h, if i put these values in the simulator, the max speed displayed is 40km/h

Last edited:
btw, i don't know if the simulator is reliable about the max speed. for example, a friend of mine has the same configuration i have, but with a 5KV motor, and he can reach 52km/h, if i put these values in the simulator, the max speed displayed is 40km/h
anyone can find a reason about this problem with the speed in the simulator?

Last edited:
it is the 9c 6x10, RH205S-180rpm @36V, that makes 5kV. my friend's bike at 72V has a speed of 52km/h

Wow that sucks. Hopefully you didn't pay more for your setup. Maybe you ask the vendor if you can exchange your motor for one like his?

Back