VLCD-5 Display ( 8 pin ), trouble

Yohon

1 µW
I just installed a new vlcd5 display because i wanted a thumb throttle and my old display was not set up for it. I got it all installed OK but when I turn it on it shows only 1 little bar on the battery and does not go when I use the throttle or pedals. battery is full charged, I don't think I could have installed anything wrong it's a pretty straightforward install. the only thing that I can think of is I am running a 52 volt battery and I know this display is not rated for 52 volts. but I know people run 52v on 48v all the time with no problem. If any of you guys have any Ideas please school me. ( when I first turn it on it shows all 8s and full battery then when it flashes to 0s that's when the battery shows 1 little bar.) no err codes.

Solution
I just installed a new vlcd5 display because i wanted a thumb throttle and my old display was not set up for it. I got it all installed OK but when I turn it on it shows only 1 little bar on the battery and does not go when I use the throttle or pedals. battery is full charged, I don't think I could have installed anything wrong it's a pretty straightforward install. the only thing that I can think of is I am running a 52 volt battery and I know this display is not rated for 52 volts. but I know people run 52v on 48v all the time with no problem. If any of you guys have any Ideas please school me. ( when I first turn it on it shows all 8s and full battery then when it flashes to 0s that's when the battery shows 1 little bar.) no...
I just installed a new vlcd5 display because i wanted a thumb throttle and my old display was not set up for it. I got it all installed OK but when I turn it on it shows only 1 little bar on the battery and does not go when I use the throttle or pedals. battery is full charged, I don't think I could have installed anything wrong it's a pretty straightforward install. the only thing that I can think of is I am running a 52 volt battery and I know this display is not rated for 52 volts. but I know people run 52v on 48v all the time with no problem. If any of you guys have any Ideas please school me. ( when I first turn it on it shows all 8s and full battery then when it flashes to 0s that's when the battery shows 1 little bar.) no err codes.
Which display were you using before? Will the bike work with pedal assist if you put things back to the way they were?

This thread on the TSDZ2 has lots of info:

Solution
What voltage is the battery set to in the display settings? (if it's set incorrectly, the display might "decide" yours is not charged and refuse to allow the controller to operate the motor, to try to protect the "empty" battery. If the firmware in that specific display model/version isn't made to account for higher voltages than it's designed for, it might think it's too low instead of too high).

Are the rest of the display settings correctly setup for your system?

Back