• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Mob of bikers surround SUV and get run over in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSBW

100 W
[youtube]5ukdkgLYYbw[/youtube]

More of these videos from same youtube account, already deleted there:

Group of bikers intimidate and recklessly drive near a land rover suv:

-Alexian Lien's Range Rover was the man attacked by motorcyclists after he accidentally hit a biker
-Lien, 33, then crash through the mob in his vehicle, fearing for the safety of his wife Rosalyn Ng, and their 5-month-old child
-Bikers chase the SUV, carrying couple and young child, and try to attack it
-Lien speeds off hitting motorcyclists for the second time
-It eventually grinds to a halt in NYC traffic and bikers smash the window (Not only did they beat him they got a knife and slashed his face multiple times)
-Lien was treated in hospital for lacerations to his face and body.
-Police have arrested 15 people and seized 55 motorcycles in connection with the stunt event.

Most of these guys don't have DL or license plates, clearly seen in the video.

Saw that vid this morning as it went viral. Edwin Mieses, 32, a father of two and an audio engineer, who lives in Lawrence MA, is in critical condition at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital in New York, after having been driven over by driver of the SUV. Another mortorcyclist did a brake-check on the SUV after the driver attempted to pass them unsafely. The SUV then rear-ended that cyclist. Mieses then stopped to help that cyclist, who was injured. The SUV was stopped, then accelerated over both Mieses and the injured cyclist, but it was Mieses who sustained the worst of it, breaking both legs and damaging both his lungs and kidneys. He's now in critical care.

The group of cyclists then attempted several times to get the SUV to stop, as driving away from the scene of an accident like that is against the law. You can clearly see how difficult that was. If I were one of those cyclist, I would have done the same, not to threaten injury to the driver, but to stop & detain, calling the police to the scene and then letting them take over.

It is the driver of the SUV that is clearly at fault here, though the NYPD has yet to arrest or charge him. Hope they get it sorted out.

Wondered when this story would hit ES? Looks to me like everybody overreacted with horrible results.

Guy, you really wanna defend these so called "riders"?

Here's some other vids taken from the same biker's headcam before he took the videos off youtube.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

Not to mention, most of the swarm riders are blacks, and Lien is Chinese, driving nice SUV.

NYPD already said RR driver was acting in self defense and won't get charged.

Watched the whole vid These are just losers bringing it all on themselves. Cutting in front of cars and doing a "brake check" Morons is all I can say..Giving all bike riders a bad name..

What I saw is...a particular biker at 0:23 pulls in front of the SUV and brakes suddenly. Hoping the SUV slams on his brakes to teach him some fear and "respect"? Perhaps an insurance scam where the biker is surrounded by friends that will "back him up" as witnesses?

Perhaps he was looking for a fight? Either way...the biker stops, the SUV stops, and the biker was well enough to walk and approach the SUV menacingly. I "think" the SUV driver might have tapped his horn once. Not certain. I believe the biker in question purposefully wanted to cause trouble?

Driving away over bikers was a bad choice. Perhaps he legally was in fear of his life (and may not be prosecuted as an act of "self defense"). However...these are not Zen Buddhists. This gang will find out where he works and where he lives, and...they will constantly look for new ways to harass him and his family. What if his house burns down with a gallon of gas, or his car while he is in the grocery store?

This group was known for doing illegal stunts on public streets, that's why many of the bikers were running cameras. This is also why many of them do NOT have rear license plates, so they can escape when the police arrive at the scene of their street stunts. There are no winners here.

LOL. I don't think it's insurance scam, as you can't get it without drivers license?

Example citizen, who has both broken legs now, aka "Speedbump", didn't even have DL:

"Edwin “Jay” Mieses Jr., 32, who was riding one of dozens of motorcycles on the Henry Hudson Parkway Sunday afternoon, sustained two broken legs after apparently being run over by the SUV, police said. He remained in critical condition Tuesday at St. Luke’s Hospital in New York City.

Though Mieses is a Massachusetts resident, he has never had a valid Massachusetts driver’s license for a passenger vehicle and has never applied for a motorcycle license, the Registry of Motor Vehicles said.

Registry records show that Mieses applied for a learner’s permit in 1999 and 2000, but that he never obtained a full license because he failed to pay fines imposed after he was ticketed for speeding in Lawrence in 1999. His last contact with the Registry was in 2001, when he obtained an identification card, registry records show.

Since 1999, he has been ticketed by police 16 times, in Lawrence, Methuen, Roxbury, Andover, and New Hampshire, according to registry records.

In June, the Registry notified the National Driver Register that Mieses was a habitual traffic offender whose right to drive in Massachusetts was revoked until 2017, records show."

You really wanna stop in the middle of the highway and exchange your insurance information with this guy?

jay-meezee-photos-5.jpg

From another forum:

Solo Denis*Marc Roffman wrote: "Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."*

LSBW said:

NYPD also didn't file charges to the guy who crossed two lanes of city traffic and ran into a bunch of people standing on the sidewalk, killing a boy on the way to school. The driver admitted he was fishing on the floor of his car for a carton of milk.

No charges for the road raging taxi driver who sped off the road and severed the leg of a woman on a park bench.

Hundreds more examples (this year), use Google.

My point: NYPD not charging a driver exhibiting depraved indifference to human life is not a litmus test.

MattyCiii said:
LSBW said:

NYPD also didn't file charges to the guy who crossed two lanes of city traffic and ran into a bunch of people standing on the sidewalk, killing a boy on the way to school. The driver admitted he was fishing on the floor of his car for a carton of milk.

No charges for the road raging taxi driver who sped off the road and severed the leg of a woman on a park bench.

Hundreds more examples (this year), use Google.

My point: NYPD not charging a driver exhibiting depraved indifference to human life is not a litmus test.

So, missing license plates on some of these bikes were to preserve them from cold weather too?
FYI, I rode my bike in t-shirt on Sunday in Toronto, it was beautiful and warm.
I'm pretty sure in NY it wasn't colder, which is like 1000 km south of us.
Also, you can clearly see these d-bags in t-shirts also.

However, I agree with car drivers getting away with murder all the time, but this is clearly not the case.

Here's a link to another video of the same "Hollywood Stuntz" crew on a 3-1/2 minute video-recorded ride in 2011. The new video is the second video down. Speeding through a shopping district, riding on the sidewalk, riding down the wrong side pf the road at high speed, running several red lights at high speed, instigating incidents with car-drivers and then demanding money to "not report it to your insurance company"

Click on the link, not the pic below it...

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/10/hollywood-stuntz-road-rage-viral-video/

saw this on the news, to me they are just a bunch of thugs looking for some violent fun, hope they all get time inside,
What ever happened to Robert Neiss? or the guy who ran down cyclists at a critical mass move through fear?

In the year 2050 something like this would probably not possible becouse then there would be 100dreds quadcopter drones hunting each one member of this trouble seeker gang to his home . easy game for police in future.... Hopefully they legalise (de-limitate) e-bikes here in EU till then :evil:

LSBW said:
You really wanna stop in the middle of the highway and exchange your insurance information with this guy?

From another forum:

Solo Denis*Marc Roffman wrote: "Here is some additional information you all might want to read. This is my personal experience with this situation. I made sure to post this on the support site as well. As a trucker that would deliver in north jersey and New York I am familiar with these gangs. I can hopefully clarify a few things. First the initial "accident" is part of a game they play. They ride in a huge group and will operate together to slow down traffic. Next they pick out high end vehicles targeting people with families in them, the targets will usually be white or Asian. Then one of the riders will do a "brake check" and stop suddenly in front of the target vehicle causing a minor bump. In some cases they will just roll back into their target vehicle. They will then mob the vehicle demanding money and or begin attacking the person inside. It is their practice to also slash the tires to prevent the vehicle from escaping. Truckers are well aware of them and are advised not to stop. You can clearly see in the video how they are well practiced in this style of attack. The police in NY have backed off them after an officer ran one down using his vehicle a few months back. The video was all over the net so I advise you to check it out. These "bikers" ride dirt bikes and sport bikes very few of which are street legal and even fewer have plates. They run red lights, stop signs, and have no regard for the law. If you are ever in this situation do not stop, immediately call the police and do whatever you have to to keep them from boxing you in. NEVER leave the scene of an accident if you are not under direct threat!!! Only run if you have no other choice, and again immediately call the police. This is not rare by any means, the only reason this incident got any attention is because of the helmet cam video being posted on the net. If you see anyone in this situation, call the police. Make no mistake confusing these punks with true bikers. You will rarely if ever see a member of these gangs on a Harley. Do not for a minute blame true bikers for this kind of behavior. Bikers like those involved in the 2 million Bikers to DC Rally are American Patriots and would be among the first to come to your aid. A final note, always be aware of motorcycles and share the road. Check your mirrors and don't ride anyone's bumper, motorcycles have a much smaller profile then a car and are harder to see."*

Wow. Criminals on bikes. They must have played the video games.

A truck driver stopped at a roadside diner for lunch and ordered a cheeseburger, coffee and a slice of apple pie. As he was about to eat, three bikers walked in.

One grabbed the trucker's cheeseburger and took a huge bite from it. The second one drank the trucker's coffee, and the third wolfed down his apple pie. The truck driver didn't say a word as he paid the waitress and left.

As the waitress walked up, one of the bikers growled, "Not much of a man, is he?"

"He's not much of a driver, either," the waitress replied. "He just backed his 18-wheeler over three motorcycles."

arkmundi said:
Saw that vid this morning as it went viral. Edwin Mieses, 32, a father of two and an audio engineer, who lives in Lawrence MA, is in critical condition at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital in New York, after having been driven over by driver of the SUV. Another mortorcyclist did a brake-check on the SUV after the driver attempted to pass them unsafely. The SUV then rear-ended that cyclist. Mieses then stopped to help that cyclist, who was injured. The SUV was stopped, then accelerated over both Mieses and the injured cyclist, but it was Mieses who sustained the worst of it, breaking both legs and damaging both his lungs and kidneys. He's now in critical care.

The group of cyclists then attempted several times to get the SUV to stop, as driving away from the scene of an accident like that is against the law. You can clearly see how difficult that was. If I were one of those cyclist, I would have done the same, not to threaten injury to the driver, but to stop & detain, calling the police to the scene and then letting them take over.

It is the driver of the SUV that is clearly at fault here, though the NYPD has yet to arrest or charge him. Hope they get it sorted out.

who's version of events is this ??? .... yours or some other blind "Bikie sympathizer " ??
Why refer to them as "cyclists" when they are plainly a "bikie gang" of idiots and thugs.
Its not the SUV driver who was at fault, ..its the idiots on bikes with violent criminal intentions who deliberately created the whole situation..

Yeah sorry, but intentionally provoking a rear-end accident on a motorbike is both mentally retarded and an act of sheer douche-baggery.

I hope those clowns get all that's coming for them.

arkmundi said:

In what alternate universe? "Sorted out" will mean the entire gang getting arrested. In California that video would convict the rider who orchestrated the original "Swoop and squat" with another vehicle of a felony, even if nothing else had happened. Turning your head to watch the car hit you is proof of intent. That rider could and SHOULD also be convicted on charges relating to the injuries to any and all riders. The hero driver was the only innocent person. Get it straight, Jeremiah Mieses brought this justice on himself, it's an outrage that his family is suggesting otherwise.

Props to the driver who can keep his cool and not mow the lot of them down when they went after him, as he'd be entitled to do. This man spared a lot of lives that don't look like they deserved to be spared. And paid the price for his decency.

468110-20131001-192338-640x360.jpg

This type of incident was a staple of the 'Hong Kong Cinema' of the 80's-90's. Not supposed to be possible for it to happen for real.

Is there really a way of dealing with that problem other than just arming all the drivers? Any sort of 'Sting' operation would have to get lucky to be picked out by these baddies. They probably look for the guy with the wife and kids in the car just for the menace. I'll tell you, the moment I ever see a group of motorcycles surround ANY car on the road I'm calling 911.

I guess we can be glad we don't have the expensive cars to be targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back