Kelly Controller w/ Cromotor ?

pchen92

100 W
Hi,

a few weeks back I burnt my Lyen 24 fets controller in a very steep hill.

I haven't had the time to open it yet but hopefully someone will repair it when I will be less busy. I'll probably sell it after.

I want a fully programmable controller so I'm looking at kelly controller. This model http://kellycontroller.com/kbl9625124-96v250abldc-controllerwith-regen-p-1123.html

I run a Cromotor.

Does anyone have a feedback of kellycontroller ?

Thx guys

:D

I was tired of burning infineon controllers :roll: ( the 18 fets) when using with high speed winding motor and decided to go with a kelly and i NO MORE HAVE PROBLEM WITH.

btw i again burned one of my 18 fets infineon last weekend when used with my 5403 on 24" wheel on my trike. i was only driving 53V instead of 100V as usuall.. and it burned after 1km from home. maybe it was due to the 120% setting and i should have used only 100% but anyway... kelly work well with any of our hub motor. They vibrate a little more from 0 to 5km/h and then it's very smooth

100% satisfied !

I also suggested these kelly controller to my great friend Bruno (Blackarrow) and he is really impress with his cromotor and kelly 96V 250A controller ! he use 24s Konion pack

Plus they are warranty so even if you have problem with contact Fany from Kelly and she will help you with that.

The one he bought is this one:http://kellycontroller.com/kbl9625124-96v250abldc-controllerwith-regen-p-1123.html

It soed have regen .. and VARIABLE regen! so you can regen and keep a good speed while going down the hill without stoping your bike.

I would say go for it!

Doc

Hi,

I have a Cromotor V2 with the same controller that you plan to buy and I love it. I have paid for their "waterproof case solution" but in reality Kelly just used hot glue on every single joints of the controller so you can do the same yourself. For the programming you need a USB/Serial adapter (9 pins) you can find it for about 10$ or less on the web and you don't need the expensive one from Kelly.

If you don't plan to use external leds (diagnostic leds) don't buy the J1 connector if you are not sure about buying it or not please check the wiring diagram for this controller. You absolutely need the "J2" connector; this connector is the wiring connector for Hall sensors, Throttle, regen, brake switch etc.

I just take (3) rides with this set up I really like it simple to program and this controller seem to be very reliable more, than the Infineon controller that I was using in this past, I recommend it, for a powerful motor like a Cromotor or Chrystalite 54XX.

As a little flash back I have fried (2) 18 Mosfets controller last year at 249$ because I prefer to pay for 249 $ instead of 500 $ for a Kelly and I still regret this decision then so long infineon controller for me on my ebike.

Also those Kelly controllers are "intelligent" with blinking codes and this way you can troubleshoot the problem easily. I need to put the current a little bit down because I doing wheelie too easily with 24" rim set up.

P.S. Hey Doc yes I'm very happy take care, my friend!

Good day!
Black Arrow

I love my kelly khb 120v 250 amp and stay cold when abuse it!!!

Back