E-bike convention #2

knightmb

100 kW
Ok, after a lot of messing around with the Natchez Trace Parks people, I've decided to move inward towards my home town for this. I see them do everything from movies to the fire stations driving the trucks down to spray kids with water at the local park, so an e-bike convention should be that hard to reserver I hope. I'll keep everyone posted on this one.

You'll find the old topic here for reference:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32

Just a status update to this topic, everything looks good so far as using the park down the road from me to host this. The city officials are really excited about it, so if everything goes well might even have media coverage and local newspaper coverage for this. :mrgreen:

Well, it's official. The permit was approved.

The great thing is, this area has restrooms and electrical power already provided compared to the last area on Natchez Trace that I was looking at getting a permit for. It had neither, so I like this area on the Trace much more.

Now the fun part of planning and getting the word out. :wink:

Mark Your Calendars for May 19, 2007 and May 20, 2007

Attachments

• Natchez Trace Parkway Permit.gif
    Natchez Trace Parkway Permit.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,245
Darn! Can't quite make it that far. I figure 8 days travel time at 20-25 mph, riding without pedaling 12 hours per day, and stopping at hotels overnight to recharge would still require 3 times more lithium than I have (7.5 kw-h), plus a trailer and faster, overnight chargers.

Maybe next year! :D

Hopefully, those who do go will bring their video cams.

xyster said:
Darn! Can't quite make it that far. I figure 8 days travel time at 20-25 mph, riding without pedaling 12 hours per day, and stopping at hotels overnight to recharge would still require 3 times more lithium than I have (7.5 kw-h), plus a trailer and faster, overnight chargers.

Maybe next year! :D

Hopefully, those who do go will bring their video cams.

LOL :lol: :lol: What do you mean, you have 2 or more months :p

Yeah, going to make certain cameras are there. Already have a lot of local people that are going to help. The local media will also be involved (get on T.V. as well :wink: )

To top it off, the next day May 20 is the "Tour de Nash" which has many rides ranging from 7 miles to 62 miles. They welcome e-bikes and have thousands of riders every year so if you want to tour Nashville and other surrounding smaller cities plus have a lot of fun you don't have to leave the state after this event, you can stay the weekend and participate in more cycle events.

Three more pages of permit ?? Isn't there a federal paperwork reduction act?

Purposes: Health, recreation, environmental benefits and SPEED, BABY!!!

Ahem.. I mean, uh, community activities.

No extra charge for the electricity?

:)

The local media will also be involved (get on T.V. as well Wink )

We want the media to cover this in a positive light, right? If so, somebody should bring a leash for Safe, just in case he shows up and tries to make a 50mph cannonball run through the park on his bike! This is the guy who wants cops to set up a speed trap to clock him. Imagine what stunts he'll pull for the 100s of thousands who watch the 6 o'clock news!

TylerDurden said:
Three more pages of permit ?? Isn't there a federal paperwork reduction act?

Ahem.. I mean, uh, community activities.

No extra charge for the electricity?

:)

Yes as you can see, I did have to use "nice" wording when I wrote to them for a permit. As long as the place isn't trashed, they won't mind what we do. As long as it doesn't turn into a Woodstock like event :D

Yeah, restrooms and electricity provided. Saves the need for a generator.

If a couple of specific regulars here attend, we may want to have a few fire-extinguishers handy...

...or perhaps a few members of the VFD as well.

:D

Back