BELIEVE IT OR NOT...20kW (26hp) in a 5305.. DONE =)

Doctorbass

100 GW
Ah haaa While checking the ebike of CHXS ( 28s5p A123) 18 fets controller and 26'' wheel I was amazed by the powerband of that combinaison and... as well.. the power it can have!!

( CALIBRATED SHUNT VALUE USING KELVIN METHOD AND FLUKE TESTER GRADE)

80 kph... acceleration ...fun... power :twisted:

For sure it's pure electrical power.. not at the wheel.. but let say that during the moment where the motor was still cold and.. stator not tooo saturated... :D ....

I think that this picture simply say all:

Doc

Attachments

• 246A 80V 5305.jpg
    246A 80V 5305.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 3,517
Good work Doc, did it get a bit warm?:D

Steve

Dang, volts sagged all the way to 80 at 246 amps! Niiiice. Gotta get me a job at the battery recycling place!

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
way to go habs!!!!

:mrgreen:

We will see :wink:

Doc

Jozzer said:
Good work Doc, did it get a bit warm?:D

Steve

Hi Jozzer

Yes.. just a bit... nothing alarming. I wold say phase wires hot more hot!.. they are in the original 12 gauge so...

Doc

dogman said:
Dang, volts sagged all the way to 80 at 246 amps! Niiiice. Gotta get me a job at the battery recycling place!

Yes... JUST recycled DEWLAT battery :mrgreen: 5p for around 250A... it's 50A per cells..... Guess what... their specs say 70A continuous... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Doc

Good job Doc!

Any idea of the speed at which this demand occured?

As something to tempt you towards the RC drive side of the road, if it happened at say 5mph, that 26hp of power in would be about 1hp of power being applied to move you forward. :)

Oh sweet baby jesus in manger! Nice going. Thats power I only can think about in wet dreams..

No pics of the bike??? It's gotta be a long wheelbase to keep the front wheel down, unless as Luke brought up it's only occurring the first few feet of takeoff where the motor is only 10% or so in efficiency.

This is one picture of the bike ... I have try to keep a nice look ... Please tell me what u think about it !
file.php

Attachments

• P_00354.JPG
    P_00354.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 970
WOW nice! sound like lot kick your butt lot torquey. I bet 5305 motor eat lot watt per Ah than 9c motor hub.

Maybe in future, I'll build a E-BMX 5305 with 20s2p 74v Nominal LiPo.

I've always said that: 5305 REALLY ROCK !

lol... At the begining, CHXS wanted a 5304 for his 28s A123 setup and Maxwell only had a 5305 on his hand.. then He decided to try it... just in case...

Now.. I think that since he can be in the 50mph club, it's enough from now.... :wink:

I have to say that his built is very simple and so impressive!.. Mine appear so complicated compared to his setup :oops:

But.. i'll at leasy have someone to race with in Quebec city :twisted: and try some great dirt trail!

He followed every advices i gaved him and read ALOT info on this forum.. and he acheived a great result like that!

Congrat CHXS! :wink: You learned fast !...

BTW.. i'll have time to thighten your spokes and align your wheel when i'll come back from my work. Be at my home at 8:30pm

Doc

We must also give credit to Steveo that assembled this 18 fets infineon controller ... that take now 20kW peak and 246A!

lol.. that's 82A peak equivalent on a 6 mosfet controller :shock:

Doc

That much power and speed on a hardtail. Damn. :shock:

I felt the need to go full suspension, and I am only doing 40-50kph.

Be careful this beast doesn't buck you off.

Good work! But that sure must be making a lot of heat. Anything over about 3 KW on my bike (similar frame geometry) and I am getting thrown off the back. Would love to see video!

drewjet said:
Good work! But that sure must be making a lot of heat. Anything over about 3 KW on my bike (similar frame geometry) and I am getting thrown off the back. Would love to see video!

Indeed. There's a difference in a lame hub motor that acts like a space heater at high amps and an RC motor that acts more like a wild bronco. More WHP. :)

Back