Just been given this

NeilP

1 GW
fr_2_size640[1].jpg
I had a late night callout flight last night, which resulted in staying away from home in England last night. SInce it was late we did nto wait at the aircraft for the medics and ambulance to return with all our kit. We went off to the hotel, and the ambo crew droipped it oiff at theairport as they passed last night. I had to collect it this morning from where they left it, in a store cupboard under the stairs. Right next to the Lifeport strectcher, was a small wheel electric bike...umm I thought...who owns that I said...' Oh no one really, the cleaner left it here but no one relly wants it, it has been there for over year. :)
Now I have been going in and out that FBO for the best part of the last 6 months, and people have got to knwo of my electric bike fetish...yet know one though to mention this one... So it is now mine :p another toy to play with.

Spec from and advert I found
Description:
BLISS BIKE
- ELECTRIC - 24 VOLT, 180 WATT, 9AMP HOUR BATTERY

- £899 IN SHOPS, - THE MOST STUNNING LOOKING ELECTRIC BIKE. I HAVE ONE OF THESE BIKES MYSELF AND IT IS A REAL EYE-CATCHER, I EVEN HAVE PEOPLE STOPPING ME TO LOOK WHEN OUT RIDING IT IS THAT IMPRESSIVE.

- - THE BIKE WEIGHS IN AT AN AMAZING 24 KILOS INCLUDING THE BATTERY, THIS IS DUE TO AN ALL ALUMINIUM CONSTRUCTED 6061 FRAME.

- FOLDER - VERY SIMPLE FOLDING MECHANISM

- REAR SUSPENSION WITH ALUMINIUM SWING ARMS AND ADJUSTABLE COIL DAMPER.

- FRONT SUSPENSION HAS HIGH COMPRESSED ALLOY CROWN TELESCOPIC FORKS.

- SHIMANO 6 SPEED DERAILLEUR

- GEL SEAT GIVES COMFORT AND IS ADJUSTABLE FOR BEST SEATING POSITION.

- Ni-MH (NICHOL METAL HYDRYDE) BATTERIES ARE SIMPLY THE BEST AVAILABLE, AND THIS BIKE COMES FITTED WITH SUCH. IT GIVES STABE PERFORMANCE AND LONG LIFE WITH DIGITAL POWER LEVEL DISPLAY. THE BATTERY ALSO IS FITTED WITH IGNITION KEY WHICH ALSO LOCKS BATTERY IN PLACE FOR SECURITY WHEN PARKED UP.

- FRONT AND REAR ALLOY V-BRAKES

- WHEELS ARE ALLOY DOUBLE WALLED 16 INCH

- ON/OFF ROAD MODES, SO CAN WORK WITH BOTH THROTTLE OR PEDAL ASSIST

- 180 WATT MOTOR

OK so scrap the DC motor and 24 volt pack ...but 16 inch wheels :lol: some of you may remember a question I psoted a while back regarding a kick scooter and lacing a small DD hub to it...in to a 16 inch wheel...well it was totally OTT on a kick scooter at 100 volt...30 mph with no brakes was lethal standing on a kick scooter especially with a 5 inch solid front wheel :twisted:

file.php

16 inch wheel ..that 'll drop straight in this folding frame...an I am sure I can squeeze 100volt of lipo in there somewhere.

It is already folded up and in the nose locker of my aircraft waiting to go home. That is my weekend of building the FreeNAS backup server out the window

View attachment 1

Great find. Looks like what you've been looking for!

Didn't know you were a pilot. No wonder you get things right on the frist try so much. Kinda have to do that flying. All I have is the LTA certificate.

dogman said:
Didn't know you were a pilot. No wonder you get things right on the frist try so much. Kinda have to do that flying. All I have is the LTA certificate.

Yep, was farming before, gave that up in 1999. had been private flying for about 8 years. We only rented the farm so easy to give up the fields. I kept the farm workshop and a few local fields and converted to a DIY livery yard. that pays the rent for the farm and means I get the workshop for free.
Was flying Jetstream 32 turbo props for a local airline for 6 years, but went back to the charter game this year. Far prefer it. I do mainly the ambulance/medivac flights, so am on 24/7 callout.
The e-bike got me to work last night for a last minute callout in 15 minutes. I live 8 miles away, I could not have done that on a motor bike or car due the traffic.

t3sla said:
Get a HP microserver :p

:mrgreen:

if you have one to give me, send it my way, otherwise it will cost me. where as the FreeNAS 9 OS is ./..free...and I have plenty of spare tower PC's, so I just have to add the HDD's.
FreeNAS has various buiilt ion services, DAAP AFP CIFS SSH FTP HTTP Bit torrent, software raid, plus loads of others.

I just put the battery on charge when i got back to the hanger in jersey, gave it 30 mins, and it took a charge. But it has been flat for over a year. Motor though sounds totally knackered..it does spin, but rim is buckled and horrid dry bearing / brushes sounds. Going to rip all that out and stick the wheel in that I pictured earlier. with a 6 FET Lyen mini monster controller. Probably 20s and about 10 or 12 Ah should do as a local run about

t3sla said:
also 20" magic pie III in a folding bike ftw (my next project) :mrgreen:

You must have a death wish! The magic pie can put out so much torque that it will do serious wheelies. The shorter the wheelbase, the more of a problem it is. I hope you plan on using a moderate power level, unlike me :lol:

Lebowski said:
man some people get all the cool stuff, planes to fly (gas all paid and money to boot probably), free bikes....

:mrgreen:

yep they do pay me too :D

Just back home now. Been sat at Southampton airport waiting for my medical crew to return from the hospital. The crew of the Lancaster and Spitfire were there from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight. so got a chance to look around the Spit from close up. the Griffin engined photo recon variant..v. nice

neptronix said:
t3sla said:
also 20" magic pie III in a folding bike ftw (my next project) :mrgreen:

You must have a death wish! The magic pie can put out so much torque that it will do serious wheelies. The shorter the wheelbase, the more of a problem it is. I hope you plan on using a moderate power level, unlike me :lol:

If by moderate power you mean 12FET lyen sensorless MK11 then yes :shock: (it's the spare controller for my DH bike)

I've been eyeing your build thread of the PIE, got about half way through last night I'm looking for details about how the mileage/efficiency is wondering if I got for a compact 5Ah 20s (fit within the battery canister compartment) or go down the 10Ah+ route (on the rear rack) 20/30s with older batteries for free, much like NeilP it's only for local zip around (no idea what distance I'd put on that ~25Km (15 Miles)

http://www.bicyclestore.com.au/powerped-sherpa-mk3.html
On this, I keep tripping over it at work...I'll revenge on it by using it on a build with this fork
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170622054456?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_2187wt_952

Speaking of bragging, it's great when your hobby is a tax write-off.... :lol:

Nice pull good for you.. Funny name as well while it looks neat to me it does not look like Bliss heh.

Anyway look forward to what you do with it.

Definitely potential to be a real handy bike. Fix it up, then put it right back at the same airport if you can get a storage place for it. Just carry the battery back and forth. Gotta be handy to have an ebike at the FBO you go to all the time.

Keep on being old, and just bold enough but not too much.

Awesome find!

I was in Europe this past summer for 35 days. Italy, Hungary, and France. I saw only Two electric Bicycles and One Electric car :(

GAS SCOOTERS EVERYWHERE! lol Coming at you from all angles! :twisted:

Tommy L sends.....\\m//

Motor is geared type with a very bad rattle
Rim is double wall with 2 missing spokes, 4 broken and all the rest very loose
Controller did work occassionally, but seemed random
Always worked with Lyen tester though
Looked inside it, 6 , single shunt , 77542p or something like that FETS. Data sheet said 75 volt and cap was 50. Volt, so i tried running it at 46 volt
It worked...then stopped never to work again
It is same physical size as Lyen 6 fet infineon controller. , so that is good

165mm dropouts.... Wonder if I should lace my 5405 in to a 16 inch rim? At 140 volts... 24 fet controller. Think it would need wheelie bar

Looks like it is one of these Tarn motors

file.php

with possible the same problem as the oen posted on here a few years ago, above

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=435&hilit=tarn+cruise&start=15

Was going to just drop another small BLDC hub in, but it is too wide dropouts..so gotta build something for that..if I bother..may just put it in the pile of other dead end projects

Oh pilots you say?
http://www.innovator.mosquito.net.nz/mbbs2/index.asp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]R0dC5ztahs4[/youtube]&feature=player_embedded

Ah, mobile egg whisks..they only fly because they are so ugly the earth repels them, I prefer a proper wing that carries on flying without power

That does indeed sound nasty. The Tongxin I have (which is pretty similar inside to that Tarn) is near-silent when running. You can just hear a slight whirr from the motor under a bit of normal bearing noise, nothing else.

I think your guess that a magnet has come off is probably right, it certainly sounds like something rubbing in there.

Any idea how it comes apart?

Have gone as far as getting moyor out and axles off, but cant see how the ring gear comes off. Maybe pull out the needle rollers in the planets to see ic that gives more play

Not today though. Had a phone call at 0100 today, with a call to take patient to Gatwick, but Jersey fogged out. Only clearing at about 0530. So looks like a busy day today, Jsy-Biggin Hill- Jsy-Oxford-Biggin Hill -Jsy is the likely routing. No Sou today.

Just seen your PM, thanks
I guess I could make something to squeeze the rollers back in

NeilP said:
Any idea how it comes apart?

Have gone as far as getting moyor out and axles off, but cant see how the ring gear comes off. Maybe pull out the needle rollers in the planets to see ic that gives more play

Not today though. Had a phone call at 0100 today, with a call to take patient to Gatwick, but Jersey fogged out. Only clearing at about 0530. So looks like a busy day today, Jsy-Biggin Hill- Jsy-Oxford-Biggin Hill -Jsy is the likely routing. No Sou today.

Just seen your PM, thanks
I guess I could make something to squeeze the rollers back in

AW took one apart (the Tongxin version) here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25188

and here's the link to the thread Jerry Simon created showing how to take a Tongxin apart: http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/5847-taking-tongxin-motor-apart.html#post75434

Might help.

Thanks for the pedelec link , I had not found that one. I had seen the other one on here though.

The pedelec thread shows a Tongxin motor and from looking at that, the differences between it and the Tarn are clear, but neither thread goes in to detail on how to split the ring gear off or get the rotor out.

I'll have to take pictures my self and rectify this as soon as I strip mine.

NeilP said:
Thanks for the pedelec link , I had not found that one. I had seen the other one on here though.

The pedelec thread shows a Tongxin motor and from looking at that, the differences between it and the Tarn are clear, but neither thread goes in to detail on how to split the ring gear off or get the rotor out.

I'll have to take pictures my self and rectify this as soon as I strip mine.

You could make up the ring compression tool shown in Jerry Simon's thread. AFAICS it's just a ring machined up to fit loosely over the OD of the ring gear, with a bolt through the side that bears on the edge of the ring gear when tightened. When aligned so that this bolt is pointing between two of the planet wheels, then tightened, it distorts the ring slightly and allows it to be slipped off.

The tool:

5693001246_16790aee6d_z.jpg

in use:

5692430855_ef6b76389f_z.jpg

Ah yes,simple enough

I did start prying the ring up, and got it to move up 3 or 4mm, but I did not want to force it

Bet cwha would love a folder frame with a wide dropout.

Back