motor:
Nova 150
Power: 150 kW
Weight approx: 11.5 kg
Speed: 6,000 1/min
Torque: 250 Nm
Voltage: 350 V
eta: 95%

controller:MST 400-400 is able to implement even at an extremely low weight of only 2.9 kg a continuous output of 120 kW and a peak power of 160 kW. It is equipped with an integrated water cooling.

LETS COMPARE TO MISSION MOTORS

Mission_R_4.jpg

http://ridemission.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/MissionMotors_MC600EvP.pdf
http://ridemission.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Motor-Spec-Sheet.pdf

controller: 163 kW 6.6 kg (75 kW continuous) 450V
motor: 85 kW peak 115 Nm 23 kg

I think MISSION has tweaked the PM motor to 120 kw peak and 163 Nm for the new RS bike but that still doesn't come close as it is still 23 kg

LET'S COMPARE TO ZERO:
92 nM
40 kW peak
102 VDC nominal
? kg

NOT FAIR WITH LESS VOLTS

Are these axial or radial? inrunners/outrunners?

Have they raced in an egrandprix with the bike?

They look like radial inrunners, to me.

If you do an image search for Plettenberg Nova, you just get our friend in the Mexican hat.. :mrgreen: Thanks for the link, Ron!

Pretty impressive motor power for the weight!

Doc

bearing said:
Have they raced in an egrandprix with the bike?
From
www.plettenberg-motoren.net/index.php/en/motor-serias-nova/motor-serias-nova-150

... Dabei haben die Erfahrungen aus dem Hochleistungs-Modellsport, die in den vergangen Jahren zum Gewinn von mehreren Weltmeistertiteln führten, zur Entwicklung der Motoren beigetragen und werden ab der Saison 2013 in die E-Motorrad Rennserie TTXGP einfließen. Der NOVA 150 wird der zu schlagende Antrieb sein, denn das erfahrene Team um den Weltmeister der Jahre 2010, 2011 und Vizeweltmeister 2012 startet in dieser Rennsaison mit ihm die Jagd nach dem Titel 2013!

I read that, but I didn't know if they had participated in any race yet. According to FEM website, the first race of the year is in July. Apparently, TTXGP/FIM have removed a lot of races. There used to be about 6 races in Europe, now it's only three.

Ok,

I asked for a quote for the Nova15, here's the reply:

many thanks for your mail and interest in our motor „Nova 15“. We can
produce the motor, it needs about 8 – 12 weeks. This motors are not standard
and the motors can be modified in rpm and torque so we have to know the kind
of using to specify the right motor for you.

The price for the Nova 15 in the air cooled version is about 2.101,00 Euro [2814 USD today].
We can produce the motor also with a water cooling, the price for the water
cooled version
is about 2.321,00 Euro [3108 USD today]. This price is included the German Tax
of 19 %, you have to add the shipping cost dependent from the country you
are from. If there are modification needed in for example the shaft or
housing or so on we charge also this add cost.

The recommended controller is our MST 140-200, this controller is 1547,00
Euro [2072 USD today]

As ever, mouth watering cutting-edge German engineering......at a price that is just too difficult to swallow for all but the most cashed-up/elite/sponsored. :(

I don't even want to know what they're asking for the Nova 150.... :|

OMG, I think the Emrax motor got beat, yeah?

I know that the Emrax is around 4000€, 50kW continuous, 100kW peak. If the Nova 150 is 150kW it's "difficult to compare"...

Are the power ratings for the Nova 15, 30 , and 150kw continuous or peak? Neu motors has a 4430 12 pole motor that weighs 10 lbs and has a power rating of 15kW continuous and 30kW Peak. It costs $1100 USD.

Seems like a great bargain to me, considering Neu motors are awesome quality, hand built in the USA. I have a Neu 1512 3D (1700kv) in my RC truggy, 7 years old now and has been ran hard for those 7 years and I haven't even replaced the bearings in it yet.

Plettenberg specs are peak ratings.

Nice find on that Neu motor. Where did you find the specs?

According to this list, the 4430 is 12kW, and the 4440 15kW nominal.
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/neu-motor-chart.htm

From their motor spec sheet. It seems like $1100 would be a typo almost, per kW / lb / efficiency, I think these motors are THE best bargain available, and again, they are top notch quality.

It looks like they do not have the 4440 anymore by the looks of it... to be honest, I never remember them having a 4440, I have been watching their website for 8 years now.

Attachments

• D.png
    D.png
    31 KB · Views: 6,869
Mind you the Plettenburg motors have been designed for automotive use with proper build to accompany it... whereas the Neu motor is all open design (for R/C), however, all you need to do it have sealed covers from and back...

No motor sensors on the Neu either.

I have received a quote for Nova 30.
Ai-cooler version isaround €4'600 and water cooled one is €5'100, german VAT included.
And they have not yet actually tested them on dyno, so these specs might be not as good as they claim.

I'll pass on this one...

Zeropointbug said:
.... the Neu motor is all open design (for R/C), however, all you need to do it have sealed covers from and back...

No motor sensors on the Neu either.

If you seal the motor, its continuous rating will be about 1/3 its "RC" flight rating....It relys on prop wash for cooling !

There is a thing called liquid cooling... It relies on circulating liquid coolant around the motor stator to remove waste heat.

The nova 30 looks like it would be a perfect candidate to air vent the shaft side cover. Has built in spokes with thin aluminum sections in between formed right into the casting. Beautiful work. Over kill for a ebike but has my vote as the top candidate for a super performance mid drive build. The NOVA 15 is also a good compact candidate. Wish they were a bit more economical.

I think the 11.5 kg for 150kw would be amazing but they really cant state numbers until they run some testing.

Pardon the atrocious setup, I'll tell you guys how these baby's turn out after some testing.

JGSr6NFl.jpg

Back