Architectonic wrote:Does anyone have any information on fixing the CAv3 boot issue, where it doesn't boot up every time (but the back light turns on)?
Edit - got an email reply now.
OK, for people who have experienced bugID 10006 where the CA3 sometimes boots to a blank screen, the attached bootloader patch program should help get things starting continuously.
1. Install the firmware CA3_BootloadFix_V01.hex using the CA3 firmware update tool
2. After the CA is flashed, it will boot with the above screen for a few seconds and then show this:
Pressing the button will cycle between 0,1,2 or 3 NOP delay counts. What this is doing is letting you select the number of tiny delay cycles to insert inside the bootloader code.
3. Hold the button at 1 Delay Count. The screen should then say Update Success
4. Now turn the power off and on the CA a whole bunch of times and see if the boot issue is fixed. If it turns on 100% of the time, then great. If it STILL sometimes fails to boot, then repeat steps 2-4, but using 2 or 3 for the delay counts.
5. Reflash with the attached version of the CA3_Prelim6_NoEeprom firmware which has no settings in it, and then the CA3 will be back as it was with exactly the same settings as you had before.
We've tested this on a small handful of units that we got which were able to consistently reproduce the bad booting issue, and in all cases it seems to have done the trick. But if you take a unit that boots perfectly all the time, and then add one of these delays, it is possible to make a good unit have the booting issue. Going back to 0 delay count will restore it as it was before running the tool.
Big Dummy Frame (yes This One
, thanks ES!) with prototype 26" Grin all-axle front hub, Phaserunner controller, and 52V 11Ah Cellman triangle pack
My website: http://www.ebikes.ca
Please contact via email, email@example.com
, rather than PMs, which are disabled