#1 The long road

Still havent managed to build my new front wheel due to the spoke manufacturer getting it wrong , and after them dragging it out to send replacements its been a couple of months. will see if they arrive.
Now going to up the power , looking at savboton or a kelly only prob with the kelly is they dont rate batt amps so comparing kw between controllers is tricky.
Been doing a lot of riding lately... night rides :)

Attachments

• SAM_3102.JPG
    SAM_3102.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 2,186
i just love the look of those little whippy motard style wheels :)
what a handsome beast to ride into the velvet night!

kiwiev as posted the spoke suppler made an error and have left me hanging for so long.... finally after agreeing they made an error. said they would send replacements nothing.... so many email requests ignored asking where are they...finally they respond and saying we will send tracking info... but no reply for days now.
So i have no idea bud but if you still want it no probs but lets wait and see, dont worry ill pm as soon as i know :pancake:

Well didnt want to post [ newsonsportec ] as they are a recommended supplier here , and ill say they have been ok on my other orders , and still want to give them a fair go ...
So rather than say dont deal with them [ because they are a good resource ] , lets just say be a little cautious thats all ill say ... btw still no mail from them .
kiwiev pm sent.

Rix said:
How long did it take all in all to get the correct spokes?
+1

i just ordered some myself AGAIN :roll: from newsons. should i kick myself?

so far they have been really good on communication and price.

I hope your experience was a one off...

btw. I realy like the look of those michelins

on my current build I have 17" maxxis diamond front and rear. similar all round aesthetic..]
maxxis diamond2.jpgmaxxisdiamond.jpg

Rix said:
Tires look like a neat pavement tire. How do they handle?
very nicely!

once when i first had them running i had them pumped up to ~55-60psi , and had to make a sudden stop to avoid t-boning someone..

the middle section diddnt have much traction, and skidded, slewing sideways until the rougher area came into contact more before I felt them bite into the tarmack harder.

after that i made sure i was running less pressure, say 40-50psi, so i get more contact area, and not just running on the smooth center area. im not too sure if id want to fool around in the wet with them..

Rix said:
How long did it take all in all to get the correct spokes?
Only 3.5/4 months.... :| took about 3/4 weeks to receive the first set, then after sending photos as proof they were the wrong dimensions, thats when they dragged it out, anyway kiwi will be pleased .. pm sent.
Wheel is built now , its been a while since ive built a wheel and was reminded how its a bit of an art , but real rewarding when finished .
Nice to be able to fit a Tyre on with just hands, no anxiety of pinching a tube or scratching off anodizing with levers.

Its the been a while since last post, have moved into a new pad here"s a few pics of the machine in its new surroundings. i dont have a garage so not making any frames atm .
But Have dedicated a separate room to all things ebike of course :D not sure on next build yet as there quite a few directions i would like to go [ still a pos of another custom frame ] As far as the new front wheel goes generally i like it for the type of riding ive done so far . of course pushing it on road its not as good but it does telegraph well when you go to far. and of course a lot more well mannered on grassed areas ect. Ow and importantly pulls a mono better.

Attachments

• SAM_3481.JPG
    SAM_3481.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 1,764
  • SAM_3462.JPG
    SAM_3462.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,764
ridethelightning said:
bike of yours is still the business!
cat thinks so too eh? :wink:

+1, this build is just plain sweet, went through the whole thread again. In prep for my next build, which needless to say wont involve scratch building the frame.

Awesome work man! One day, I want to be able to build such frame by myself too :D :)

ridethelightning said:
You mean the chief engineer and master of all known things, I was pulling away slowly in my driveway and just caught my reflection from the house glass window there he was sitting on the roof of my car very calmly :roll:
He obviously wanted to test the aerodynamics.
Rix said:
ridethelightning said:
bike of yours is still the business!
RIX same...i already have a frame for my next build .

Das thanks. Part of the reason for doing a build thread was showing you can do it from your garage all you need is motivation , as i think all things [ Skills learnted ect ] are a byproduct of motivation.
i hope this might have motivated you :idea:

Back