$ 250 Used hub motor kit with new rim

MarkJohnston

10 kW
I am selling a voila mart hub motor with a brand new rim and spokes on it. The rim was $100 and the spokes were $40. I didn't size the nipples right so there is about a mm of thread showing. Even still I've taken it on some gnarly trails and it didn't come out of true. The tire is out of true because I couldn't get the bead to seat,ever. But it's not bad at all, I use rim brakes. here is the break down. The axle wire exiting the motor is a little chewed up but I haven't had any problems with it. I don't ride it in the rain though. I don't want to sell this but have to pay rent.

1) Newish Swalbe Pick up cargo tire high speed ebike tire (seems flatproof compared to many other tires) ($60 new)

2) New(less than 20 rides) Rhynolite 25mm wide heavy duty light weight cargo. trail tested in great conditon ($100 new)

3) 36 Newish Sapim Estrong butted spokes very good spokes ($ 40 new)

4) includes throttle, controller, and all the other chinese junk that came with the kit. The controller only works with the phases though, hall sensor portion. Motor works fine with any other controller. halls test fine on the motor, don't worry.

The cons are:

The motor axle wire is a bit cracked. I've been using it after taping it and it's fine. Something to consider... You will want to baby the wire (Don't set it on the ground, hit it on a tree, etc. ) Do you have a soldering iron that can get extremely hot? You will have to crack it open and get inside the motor to repair. While you are there you'll probably want to waterproof the windings,

There are 5000 miles or so on this hub motor. But these things have a reputation to run and run (at least the motor itself.)

Ok so I think $250 is fair and I basically gave you half off on all the parts. Yes you could buy this kit new online for that much but the rim and spokes they give is complete garbage. Trust me, I know. You will need to pay shipping or pick up locally. If you want, I can probably just sell the motor and all the small stuff, minus the spokes and give that to you for $100 + shipping. The shipping would be less, but then you'd have to build the wheel. Let me know. PM me, comment. I am negotiable to a degreeIMG_20231220_001047.jpgIMG_20231220_000751.jpgIMG_20231220_000730.jpgIMG_20231220_000739.jpgIMG_20231220_000744.jpg

here is where I bought the motor 4 years ago

Back