30s not charging?

Hey guys, I’ve got a 30s2p 111v 50ah pack I made from some LFP cells.

I’m using a DC power supply (120v/3a) for charging and can’t seem to get it above 100v or so. Do I need more current to push into the pack to get it to 100%?

Stayed at 101v for about 3 hours so I’m thinking something is up… no BMS currently attached.

What are the individual cell voltages measured at? (meaning, are they all the same, matched cells so that they charge and discharge equally and simultaneously? Or are they different, or at least at different states of charge?)

What is the unloaded voltage the power supply is set to?

What is the current measured at?

Is the power supply a CC/CV type, like an LED PSU? Or does it use hiccup-type current limiting (which shuts it's output off when the load exceeds it's limit)? Or is it something else (what, if so)?

What is the charge/discharge curve for those cells? meaning, what voltage will the cells be at for any particular state of charge?

Assuming the PSU is a CC/CV type, and outputs 3A continously at 111v, and the cells started out empty, then you have 50Ah to fill up. 50Ah / 3A = 16.67 hours. It won't be truly continuous, because current will fall as the cells fill up, so they'll take longer, probably 20+ hours.

Back