36 volt Electric bike problems

tkrocks2

100 µW
I just bought a used 36 volt electric bike someone has done some electrical work because the key switch stopped working so now when ever I try to hook up a new key switch it keeps shorting out one of the batteries.

I have power at the charging port I am not sure if I am suspost to or not but i know i am suspost to have power where the cable hooks up to the bike to give the controller and everything else power but why there are 2 wires giving out the same voltage I don't know.

Please Email me with any thing that might help.

Attachments

• HNI_0061.JPG
    HNI_0061.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 372
  • HNI_0063.JPG
    HNI_0063.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 372
  • $T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcSrHBRLYrwGjw!~~48_20[1].jpg
    $T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcSrHBRLYrwGjw!~~48_20[1].jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,088
tkrocks2 said:
when ever I try to hook up a new key switch it keeps shorting out one of the batteries.

You mean all three, or literally just one? (That would be interesting.)

The question is, was the problem this other short all along? Maybe the keyswitch was never bad? Electricity can be such a FUN thing to play with blindly. For that reason people will have difficulty helping you this way.

That's an interesting looking bike. Do you have a brand name?

misc-lightning-striking-statue-of-liberty1.jpg

Just the one battery that the ground comes from.

The ground is still a ground but the 2 red wires are both putting out power.

One from the postive side of the battery witch I know is normal and the other one from the postive on the charging port both are wired together.

The only name I found on the bike was on the back of the seat it says JIUMZI.

Besides that I have no clue no the make or model.

Should I try cutting the charging port power wire then hook up the key switch and see if that works without shorting out?

Or should I try wireing the postive for the charging port to a different battery?

I found out away to hook up a key switch. I was trying to use the red wire off the battery and the black wire off the battery to cut the power but I found a much better way. I cut the postive wire and put a switch in the middle so it breaks the power when the switch is off and gives it power when the switch is on.

I also fixed the short I moved the charing port postive wire to a different battery and now there is no short.

I have had 6 or 7 electric bikes that have given me nothing but night mares with electrical problems but so far this one is ok no major electrical problems.

Better make sure your charging port voltage is right. Moving it to a different battery may have changed it from the pack voltage to a portion of the pack voltage. If so, you'd leave one or more of the batteries not being charged.

Key switch from red to black, would short when turned on for sure.

I had to move it back to the battery it was sodered on but now I moved it from being sodered on the postive wire to being sodered on to the the postive terminal on the battery.

Back