45 mph Razor Pocket Mod

Kosdon3200

10 µW
My pandemic project from last year. 45 mile range at 15mph; 15 mile range at 45mph. Full headlight, blinkers, flashers, hazard, brake lights, rear disk brake, alloy wheels, digital GPS speedo/odometer. 8mm chain & sprockets on 3000W BLDC motor @ 5800rpm 60A BLDC controller. 4 NineBot Max Li-Ion batteries w/unrestricted output. 24v dual bus SLA for lights and instrumentation. Has it's own SuperCharger for 4 hour recharge.

Ridden over 700 miles in 3 months.

Attachments

• IMG_7117.jpg
    IMG_7117.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 812
I wish I could see that wiring harness better. What all is wired in, there?

And I want to hacksaw off enough of that tube to replace the forks.

armandd said:
WoW! :shock: :bigthumb:

Did you build the frame yourself?

That is the frame from a Razor Pocket Mod. I'd say the wheels are a late model, those are changing regularly. Have they gone to a disc brake on the back? If not, how did you do that?

The bar on top is an addition.

Pocket_Mod_WW_1.gif

Absolutely .......Fantastic Dude..... How often do the Police bother you..?.. Beautiful build Dude :D I love it !

armandd said:

Nope, it's basically bone stock Pocket Mod frame except for a section of stainless railing with a curved end that goes from the steering tube to the base of the seat. Without it the weight of the batteries and myself would allow the base of the frame to fold up just due to load. The stainless pipe is compressed from end to end under load so it's keeping the frame rigid over bumps, etc.

fatty said:
Build-Your-Own Worm-Drive Clamp?

It's a supersized hose clamp that is otherwise used to clamp rubber seals into large drainage pipe. You can get these in any diameter loop you might need.

Talon said:
Absolutely .......Fantastic Dude..... How often do the Police bother you..?.. Beautiful build Dude :D I love it !

Remarkably, I regularly pass the city police, sheriff's deputys, state police, riding in traffic on streets that have a 45 mph speed limit or less, any time of day or night. I'm not sure why but it's like they don't even see it, and this has been true for at least, maybe 15-20 times in the last year. I ride this thing a lot, enough to pass LE once or twice a month. Maybe it's the full blinkers and lights, combined with the overall dimensions of a 50cc type of platform, combined with how 50cc and below are for the most part unregulated, combined with the fact that it is whisper quiet, along with it's ability to attract smiles from the citizenry, all seem to work in my favor such that the police are typically amused at most. I've not yet been pulled over so that they could even inquire about it. Could be they are too busy, or the COVID thing, I really can't explain it but have a lot of hunches. Perhaps my helmet and padded biker jacket give the impression I know what I'm doing. The truth is this thing is all the motorcycle I can trust myself with. People just laugh when they see a gorilla zoom by on a tricycle, which is what I look like on it. Super fun for everybody involved.

Dauntless said:
I wish I could see that wiring harness better. What all is wired in, there?

And I want to hacksaw off enough of that tube to replace the forks.

armandd said:

That is the frame from a Razor Pocket Mod. I'd say the wheels are a late model, those are changing regularly. Have they gone to a disc brake on the back? If not, how did you do that?

The bar on top is an addition.

Pocket_Mod_WW_1.gif

Here's some detail on the brake as it sits now. In that original full bike photo if you look closely it was held on for positioning with hot glue and zip ties. That got peeled off and wadded up by some bolts coming loose during a test ride, here's how it's mounted now:

By using the axle itself as the anchor point for the back end of the aluminum 'truss', it allows you to loosen the truss at the front end which is fastened to the same anchor as the front end of the original band brake. With the left hand end loose the whole truss rotates along with the caliper around the axle, with the caliper always engaged with the disk rotor correctly. This gives you a lot of flexibility in terms of where around the rotor your caliper can reside.

Attachments

• brake_truss.jpg
    brake_truss.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 711
Back