8000 Watt recumbent ebike- 0-60 km/h in 3.5 s

cell_man said:
JL! said:
the controller is KEB48600, max amp 300 @ 44.4 V nominal Voltage ( 8x6s5000mah Hobbyking Lipos).
THe higher gearing would be a cool idea, but I would have to buy the sprocket from the usa, which would cost me around 50 € with shipping and so on. The motor is a MARS EECTRIC PMAC ME0907.
Has anybody ideas how to get an accreditation for it? I live in Germany, and I could derate it to 45km/h , but it still seems to be pretty difficult.

Hey JL,

you state 8000W in the subject, you are using a 300A controller at 44V.4V. Now 300A * 44.4V is over 13KW input. So where does the 8KW come from? Are you running the controller at a lower current? Or is the 8KW figure the rated output power of the motor or something? Just curious :)

CM

Kelly's only rate phase amps, not battery amps. So, as an example, when you're starting from a stop, and you're sending 300 phase amps to the motor, you may be only drawing 20amps off your pack.

Also, bike looks pretty quick and fun! Great job! Before upgrading, I tried out the double version of that motor, the ME0913 on my bicycle with a 400amp 116v setup, and it went pretty well. It's a good motor.

Warren said:
"But the fact remains that if they are more aero (less frontal area), you are not as well seen."

Not my experience. People's brains are filtering for size (is it big enough to hurt me?), and novelty (what the hell is that?). On my uprights, I am invisible. My recumbents are still odd enough for most people to actually look. And out here in the country, a recumbent cruising along at 20+ mph is like a UFO. People come up behind me, back off, and follow, baffled, for miles. :)

OKay, I can see this. I haven't ridden a recumbent other than in a parking lot, so I am not one to speak.

I want one..... they just don't make enough sense for me right now with all the city stop n go riding I do.

liveforphysics said:
Kelly's only rate phase amps, not battery amps. So, as an example, when you're starting from a stop, and you're sending 300 phase amps to the motor, you may be only drawing 20amps off your pack.

-agreed luke, lately ive seen as high as 16times current multiplication, what do think the old 2.5 to 3times was all about? hub motors?

Hyena said:
Cool build, doing arm chair wheelies looks like a whole new dimension of fun :lol:

Out of curiosity, where else did you post this video ? This thread has 500 views but the clip on youtube has over 37,000 in just a few days which is pretty impressive.
First of all i more ore less regularly upload minecraft videos and I have a decent subscriber base of around 5700, so that's what gave it the push at the beginning.I also posted it on facebook and showed it to my friends, but that where only few views. I actually was very suprised when the views skyrocketed to now over 50.000, this was cause some crazy japaneses posted it on their popular blogs. Which is pretty cool, cause I do get extra money from people clicking on the ads :twisted: !

80k views. Nice job, legit performance and no one is going to say your recumbent is dorky, haha. :D

Back