• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

9continent 48v 40a controller wiring up?

Hey guys can you help with figuring out which wire is which? Aka "a wiring diagram for a 9c 48v"
image-1.jpg

1 battery
2 on/off switch
3 ebrake switches
4 ?
5 motor
6 throttle
7 motor 2nd connection
8 single wire ?
9 single wire ?

Thanks guys :)

Most likely 8 and 9 is a jumper loop. It might enable regen, or cruise control, or a speed limiter. I have found a speed limiter loop to be fairly common. Plug in, and you are legal in the nanny states. I've also seen reverse.

Try it and see what it does.

Thanks for that. I think the cruise is auto.. hold the throttle for 10secs and it engages but relies on the brake to be pulled to stop the cruise. I will disable this, I dont really like the idea of cruise off road.

Maybe regen though? I don't want to just try it in case i blow it by hooking 2 wires together that may or may not be meant for each other.. I may need to trace it down with the box open as the PCB board looks pretty comprehensive for troubleshooting..

still #4 is a mystery..

ok so I got this puppy wired up and everything last night to test it with 3 x 3s's i had sitting round... If you wire in the ebrake switch the throttle (as expected) doesnt work. So Ill pull this puppy apart tonight and figure it out and clean up the wires I wont be using.

They seem pretty intuitive inside (from the photos)

Ok so after pulling my 12 fet 48v controller apart and learning the Infineon is the 9c controller.. I figured out the rest of the wiring..

1 battery
2 on/off switch
3 ebrake switches
4 pedelec switch (duh it had the sensor with it so I should of figured this out)
5 motor
6 throttle
7 motor 2nd connection
8 single wire sl gnd
9 single wire sl - speed limiter

Incase anyone buys a 9c (nine continent) controller from e-mtb this is the details.

Cheers..

Btw, if your handy with a soldering iron, cr (cruise) gnd and bk (regen brake) are soldered together, remove the solder from rc and gnd if you don't want cruise.
If you want regen on a switch, remove the solder from bk and gnd and the pedelec (ta,gnd,5+) solder the blue into BK and black into GND so you can repurpose the pedelec plugs for a switch for regen brakes ;)

Back