A very warm welcome onboard

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
Starts:
Dear All –

A very warm welcome onboard the trial bike ferry “Cykelfærgen” between Denmark and Sweden.

This brand new bike ferry opportunity is a mission-driven heart project where the concept of “caring” shines through everywhere and where the project logo logically therefore also references a bike, a wave (symbolizing the ferry on the water) and a red heart.

You can look forward to enjoying an authentic cultural sailing experience onboard the historic vessel “Elephanten” from 1940.

cykelfaergen.jpg

Includes:
The ticket allows for bringing one old-fashioned standard bicycle onboard and you may therefore easily integrate the ferry transportation into your bicycling trip on both sides of the the Sound.

HUH??? [Grumble Grumble]

Whole sad/confused story here:
https://cykelfaergen.com/a-very-warm-welcome-onboard/

:evil: :shock: :evil:

EDIT: BTW? They're on "social media" FacePlant site:
https://www.facebook.com/cykelfaergen/

If one "Likes" that site, one can [C]omment your thoughts. :twisted:

I can't imagine what's being called "Sad/confused." Sounds like tourism at its' finest. T'was a time that American college students sought a bike trip across Europe, this kind of thing would lure them.

That's interesting that they would use such particular language. I wonder what their thinking was?

Dauntless said:
I can't imagine what's being called "Sad/confused." Sounds like tourism at its' finest. T'was a time that American college students sought a bike trip across Europe, this kind of thing would lure them.

... and a small but growing segment of the population (like a million of the Dutch) can skip this trip `cause they chose electric assist? Older folks? Those w/some "disability"? Seems like they are "shooting themselves in the foot". [Sigh]

Hehe... "old-fashioned standard bicycle"... Can imagine the marketing folks writing this... "Should we say "vintage"?" "How `bout "retro"?" "Better not use "stone age"." Seen how many DIFFERENT "standard bicycle" designs that have been built? :wink:

Edit: Define "non-standard". :wink:

LockH said:
Dauntless said:

... and a small but growing segment of the population (like a million of the Dutch) can skip this trip `cause they chose electric assist? Older folks? Those w/some "disability"? Seems like they are "shooting themselves in the foot". [Sigh]

Hehe... "old-fashioned standard bicycle"... Can imagine the marketing folks writing this... "Should we say "vintage"?" "How `bout "retro"?" "Better not use "stone age"." Seen how many DIFFERENT "standard bicycle" designs that have been built? :wink:

Edit: Define "non-standard". :wink:

No ebikes, tandems, or trikes? :x

Nothing suggests anything other than bicycle tourism, not the sort of trip that brings the disabled. I can't imagine anyone has shown up on a mobility scooter.

I checked their Q&A in Danish, and it actually says that electric assist bikes are OK to bring as long as they dont occupy more space than a normal bike.

https://cykelfaergen.com/spoergsmaal/
"El-cykler må gerne medtages, bare de ikke fylder mere end en standard størrelse to-hjulet cykel uden lad eller andet."

north said:
I checked their Q&A in Danish, and it actually says that electric assist bikes are OK to bring as long as they dont occupy more space than a normal bike.

https://cykelfaergen.com/spoergsmaal/
"El-cykler må gerne medtages, bare de ikke fylder mere end en standard størrelse to-hjulet cykel uden lad eller andet."

PHEW! THANKS ... "north"! "... dont occupy more space than a normal bike"... There's that word "normal" again... :lol: EG, if I showed up on a tricycle?

:wink:

L

north said:
They specifically forbid all kinds of cargo bikes so I guess trikes are not ok :(

Oh Goody! JUST got delivered one new trike-in-a-box.
Again.jpg

So. Steel frame, but a *folder* that (with packaging, complete - tools, etc) weights 55 lbs. So I defy any "normal bike" to take up LESS room.

:mrgreen:

Back