A123 Battery

Ad says:
"Manganese dioxide based lithium-ion battery cells provide high power discharge rates for applications that require high rate capability for superior power applications. Same spec as the Moli and A123 Systems cell. "

A123 are not manganese dioxde. E-moli are.

Well I suspected as much, but never the less it says A123. I thought I knew all that was available from A123, but have never heard of such a battery from them.

So, I send them (voltmanbatteries) an email, asking the same question I asked here, going to be interesting to see what the answer is, if any. I have a dislike when companies do that, its called misrepresentation. Which also means they cant be trusted to buy anything from, its sheer greed.

Roy

Looks like an emoli... sku is even 26700. A123 uses 26650 designation.

they used a picture of an A123 M1 cell for sure!.. the label is just shown on this side...
:roll:

they say 3.8V ??

Li mn are 3.7-3.8V.. mostly 3.75.. i wonder if they are 3.8V really!?

cause 2.8Ah at 3.8V is 10.6Wh!

Also... ! They must not use A123 trademark !!... it's a registred brand name with alot of patent!!

They may get some pursuit!

Doc

Mr, if you are reading this thread, please remove this sentense on your website:

same battery used in 36 volt Dewalt lithium batteries,

and remove A123 !!! this is not A123 ! :roll:

THIS IS FALSE

Dewalt nominal voltage is 33V and 37V charged

your cells are 3.7V nominal and 4.2 charged.. that would make a dewalt pack of 42V cahrged and 37V nominal...

Also, the MAX discharge of an A123 isd 70A CONTINUOUS and 120A burst 10sec

Doc

pgt400 said:
Are these then similar to Konions only at 3ah??

Disregarding the likelihood that we can't trust anything they say about these batteries since they seem to have their facts mixed up, I'd say there's a good chance they might be LiMn spinel cells with a high power rating, like konions. But we have no idea what the manufacturer quality control is for these cells. It might vary a lot from cell to cell. They might leak, they might only be good for 200 cycles, who knows.

And with 3Ah for $9.87 (~$0.89/wh), these are a lot more expensive than the genuine, brand new konions you can buy here at $0.67/wh:
Ebay Two Bosch BAT836s for $109 delivered (37V, 2.2Ah each)

Back