A2b metro gti

Here is the build thread for my A2B Metro:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50590

I used the stock motor and modified it for an external controller. So much better now.

fechter said:
Here is the build thread for my A2B Metro:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50590

I used the stock motor and modified it for an external controller. So much better now.

That was my aim but I cracked the thing opening it to remove the controller I was gutted and cost me arm and leg to fix so I thought upgrade is the way.

I'll have a read through later see how your build has gone.

I picked up an A2B. It was a show room unit that has been collecting dust for several years. It's in pristine condition. The pack was run down pretty good, but recovered nicely. Geez these things are sloooooow and weak!

I pulled apart the back wheel and motor. 2 strands of 20 awg in the winds...ugg...can't over watt that hardly at all. I may rewind the stator...there's lots of empty room on here. I'm thinking 60% full at most. The magnets are N40 or maybe N45 and large...seems like it might be a good one to rewind. The stator has .3mm lams. Other than the barely worthwhile wind, it looks to be a good design. I think I'll rewind it...see what she does after that. I'd be happy with 2-3kw. It has 18 stators and 16 magnets.

A2B%20500w%20hub%20motor%205.jpg

A2B%20500w%20hub%20motor%202.jpg

A2B%20500w%20hub%20motor%204.jpg

I haven't checked it yet but I have a brand new 4kw QS hub. If it fits the drop-outs, it WILL look ridiculous with this monster in the back, but it ought to be quite quick too. It's a V3 so 4kw is just the starting place...probably more like 8kw peaks with 7kw continuous.

So...this motor...AND it WILL fit the drop-outs. I'll need to reinforce the drop outs no matter what. I might as well just lengthen them a little and create some width to accommodate the wider motor at the same time...hmmm...60mph+ on an A2b...should be interesting!

4000%20watt%20hub%20motor%202_zpsxwlfn5ef.jpg

On here... :) :) :)

A2B%20bike%202.jpg

Nice score!
Built like tanks - but then so are Rolls-Royces! ;)
Look forward to hearing of your developments etc.
Thanx.
:)

Back