Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Cowardlyduck said:
ridethelightning said:
cool!
did you buff off the paint before sticking the sinks?
i did that and i think it makes a big difference. you can feel just how much colder the aluminium is compared to the painted surface..
I didn't buff off the paint, but that's not a bad idea. I might do that for the Midi-E. Thanks for the suggestion!
I used Arctic Silver thermal epoxy to glue them on and they do shed quite a bit of heat even without the buffing. My new Mini-E doesn't have those exact heatsinks, but some lower profile ones that are not quite as effective, however they don't cut my hands when lifting the bike like the one's pictured above did.

Cheers
i found 40*40*4mm al angle to be really effective. just ran 2 pieces along the length of the controller where the wind flows, sort of cupped around the controller, w/~10 mm air channel either side.
for best results(and they say this is critical)buff the al down through the grades, start coarse and try to end up with a mirror finish, 2000 grit wet/dry or so.
this gets the minimum distance between the 2 surfaces and best contact.
I did this with my hubsinks also.

ridethelightning said:
aschigrunder said:
hi all
hope someone of you can help, this is my first build with adaptto
max e with the latest firmware (open),with evel gt 4000 motor
everything went fine, autodetection, throttle calibration but i have no power on the throttle
only 1km/h
and i think it is because of this, on the display the temperatur gauge is going up and down
someone of you have had the same problems?
made a small video, thanks for your help

https://youtu.be/2gXPm_ABf08
sounds like you may have the wrong temp sensor selected in advanced settings or calibration(there are 2, 1 in controller fets, 1 in motor)
that is exactly what happens if its wrong.
hey ridethelightning
big hug to you from switzerland :D
wrong sensor was set in the calibration thanks so much for help
happy days cheers

Altair said:
That's sad. But it's not a fishing weight yet.
Even if Afaptto hasn't replied to your emails, you could send it to them anyway. Be sure to include all your contact information and a description of the problem. Also mention that you sent many emails and didn't get a reply. (Maybe your emails went to his spam folder)

The address that Oleg gave me is:
Recipient: Razumovskiy Boris Alexandrovich
Address: 119602, Russia, Moscow, Olympic Village, Michurinskiy prospect 1, bld.1, apt 201.
Phone: +7 925 556 01 66
On the package, I wrote the address in the international way, which is the inverse of what he wrote, and it worked fine.
You send it via air mail with a tracking number, so it can't be lost. Once they get it, they will repair it, don't worry.

It has been two months and haven't heard anything. Quite sure that I lost that controller + 50€ for shipping.

Controller may be good, but what's to say about support... nothing there's no support directly form Adaptto (with out this forum, wouldn't got any help to sort out problem). So good for quys that have money to waste and those who can fix it by themselves.

Red last few pages and I can sign that temp problem. I have cromotor v2 and it got quite hot very fast. Now with powervelocity 24F controller I have wondered why motor seems to be so cool.

OV,
Send me a private message with your name, email address and the tracking number of your package and I will email Oleg with this information, and a copy of the post above.
Maybe your emails do not reach him, so let's try from my side.

OV_ said:
Red last few pages and I can sign that temp problem. I have cromotor v2 and it got quite hot very fast. Now with powervelocity 24F controller I have wondered why motor seems to be so cool.

can you elaborate on the comparison between adaptto and the 24f PV controller?
I would love to find a good replacement for adaptto also. does it have the same smoothness/power?
cheers

ridethelightning said:
can you elaborate on the comparison between adaptto and the 24f PV controller?
I would love to find a good replacement for adaptto also. does it have the same smoothness/power?
cheers
Bought used ebike and have driven about only 50km with Adaptto so cant't say much about that. Expect that what it worked it was awsome compared to my previous 'normal' ebike controller but so is price. Specially I liked that monitor.

So I'm not right person to compare. Allso upgraded my battery and hull with that controller change so very hard to say. 80V to 100V and alunium mtb frame to steel tank frame. One thing I can say. 24F PV is HUGE compared to max-e and there was no way I could fit it to me previous frame nicely so had to change it. Also wanted to get batteries to inside frame. I think 18F PV is more of same size and it can provide most of motors. Maybe that 24F is over kill with cromotor v2, but wanted controller that won't be weakest link.

Altair said:
OV,
Send me a private message with your name, email address and the tracking number of your package and I will email Oleg with this information, and a copy of the post above.
Maybe your emails do not reach him, so let's try from my side.

Have been just cheking my email (and junkmail) for info and what repair would cost(printed A4 along with my contact information and the fault description) . Now I checked traking number. Sent it 9.8. and it has been delivered to some one at 31.8. Will pm that number to u if u can ask for eta. I have no rush (ok have learned when u say to contractor that it will take very very long) for that controller. Any info in other hand would be nice. Just that we have recived controller and will contact u again what repair will cost... etc. basic customer service. Sure that those guys have hands full if they are relasing new controller soon.

One of my adaptto controller after charging do not exit charge mode. Press down to exit charge mode not working. I tried off-on adaptto, but on screen still charge mode. When I disable in setting charge is disappears, but when i switch back is show again charge. I have firmware MIDI-E | v1-RC9G4.
I have not tried facotry yet.

ap0f1s said:
One of my adaptto controller after charging do not exit charge mode. Press down to exit charge mode not working. I tried off-on adaptto, but on screen still charge mode. When I disable in setting charge is disappears, but when i switch back is show again charge. I have firmware MIDI-E | v1-RC9G4.

I have had this issue , but it seems related to the charger connection to the phase wires. I have that on a breaker and if I open the circuit before changing that value it does that. If I switch it closed so there is a connection then I can exit out of charger mode easily. At least that's my experience.

My motor is jerky, (I think it is called.) Anyone know why? See video below.

It is adaptto mini and Leaf 1500W motor. It is really jerky on low speed and when you speed up it keeps doing so but fades away so in the end you don't notice it. And when riding for real you hardly notice it at the beginning either. But I don't know, maybe I could have better performance if I could fix this?

https://youtu.be/QPv7STwF4Fs
[youtube]QPv7STwF4Fs[/youtube]

ap0f1s said:
i have this on older controller version.
the only answer is to go into charge settings, disable charge and then enable it and disable it again.

Swe said:
My motor is jerky, (I think it is called.) Anyone know why? See video below.

It is adaptto mini and Leaf 1500W motor. It is really jerky on low speed and when you speed up it keeps doing so but fades away so in the end you don't notice it. And when riding for real you hardly notice it at the beginning either. But I don't know, maybe I could have better performance if I could fix this?

https://youtu.be/QPv7STwF4Fs
[youtube]QPv7STwF4Fs[/youtube]

I have a similar issue like this on an identical setup.

I'm also running a 1500w leafbike motor on a Mini-E and lately it has started to get "jerky". On mine however, it's a constant jerk every 1 turn of the motor. Not as noticeable as yours, but it can be felt when riding.
Could be halls, but the Adaptto is registrering the halls on the diagnostic screen.
On a shitty china controller the motor seems to run smoother, but it's square-wave controller so it might just be harder to notice due to the increased noise.

I'm gonna try to borrow another motor to test to see if it's the Adaptto or the motor that's the issue.

Please reply if you find out what's causing it on you bike Swe :)

Serious news regarding my case.

Thx to Altair Adpato contacted me via email. They sad that controller has been repaired and sent invoice link. I paid it (around 90usd with postage). And expecting it to arrive within few weeks.

This would have not been possible with out help off Altair (first shipment instruction and then email contact from him to Adaptto)! I'm very grateful!

Here is the motor during autodetect. I think it runs pretty smooth? maybe I feel a bit of "humming".

https://youtu.be/htRi6ZYcJ_o
[youtube]htRi6ZYcJ_o[/youtube]

But after everything is done it still has the jerky/jolt running:
https://youtu.be/WY2sEuzrFb8
[youtube]WY2sEuzrFb8[/youtube]

Any more syggestions? Altair, you still think it is motor related? I laborated with all the timings and so on but no difference.

Sure I will tell you bowers, but I do not have much hope. Maybe I must try with other motors/controllers too.

OV_ said:

Thx to Altair Adpato contacted me via email. They sad that controller has been repaired and sent invoice link. I paid it (around 90usd with postage). And expecting it to arrive within few weeks.

This would have not been possible with out help off Altair (first shipment instruction and then email contact from him to Adaptto)! I'm very grateful!

That's great news. From what i gather, the controllers are sent to a 'safe' postal address and then are picked up by someone. Once your tracking shows delivered or failed attempt at delivery it is best to contact adaptto and let them know. So sad that communication is so bad and that you have also been charged for return postage which previously was free. But then again, the amount of controllers that have been returned has probably been a complete nightmare for them.

Swe said:
Any more syggestions? Altair, you still think it is motor related? I laborated with all the timings and so on but no difference.

Probably not motor-related because now you have more "cogs" per revolution than you had in the first video.
Check if you have low speed limits enabled in the Power Mode Profiles screen. Put them at a large number. Acceleration limiter should be off (dotted line) in the same screen.
Also in Traction settings page 1, I always set SPD smooth at the highest number possible because it improves acceleration. ( There shouldn't be anything in common between those two things, but there is). With so many options and settings, the programming of the microcontroller must have been a nightmare for the designer... :twisted:

Thank you for your suggestions! I had speed mode selected and when I changed to torque mode the motor turns really nice!

I read now in the manual that torque is default, is this considered the best mode to use? For me it feels best now when motor seems to run much better, but actually running for real on the ground both modes feels okay... maybe when running off ground it thinks the motor runs too fast or something in speed mode? I also have Domino throttle without extra resistor connected, but motor feels good on ground so I think that is okay....

In speed mode if I lowered PWM rise lim the "cogs" where more often but softer. SPD smooth did not change anything. But if torque mode is correct to use I do not care.

Hello guys,
time ago I bought my adaptto mini-e controller, for my qublix frame. I haven't installed it yet, but now I have some doubts.
It seems my version doesn't come with on/off switch (it's from Dec 2015, and mini-e 3kw), but could anyone confirm it?, (I tried to find some post with pictures of that feature but i couldn't find it)? I pm Arthur, but my message is still in my outbox folder...
I'm guessing it is not, seems the two only cables which could be, comes from the PAS connector.
I would like to use key in my build (I'm gonna use breaker too), but in case my controller doesn't come with on/off, would you mind point me where i can find a adaptto modification for that feature?
I was reading a lot post, and in some of them a guy said, there is a modification for that, but I didn't find it.

photo.jpg

Thanks.

looks like on/off to me.
power it up and see if you get high voltage across those 2 wires, if so, its the on/off switch. short it to turn on.

thank you @riridethelightning, I'm gonna try that.... when you say "high voltage", should I get 12v, 24v or same battery voltage?

Ok, I got it... same voltage as battery, and yes that's is on/off switch.... Thank you @ridethelightning :)

brumbrum said:
OV_ said:

That's great news. From what i gather, the controllers are sent to a 'safe' postal address and then are picked up by someone. Once your tracking shows delivered or failed attempt at delivery it is best to contact adaptto and let them know. So sad that communication is so bad and that you have also been charged for return postage which previously was free. But then again, the amount of controllers that have been returned has probably been a complete nightmare for them.

Hmm... Apparently they have red this thread. Too many emails from them to just be ordinary seller - customer email messages for one repair.

They have apologize for the long response and sad that they had technical problems receiving messages.

No hard feelings. Hopefully next ones get answers and service a bit faster. Long answers for me at this point cost some extra 1300€ (controller, battery and frame) what I would have not bought if service would have been faster. But all good if max-e arrives fixed...

Some news from adaptto, using google translate:

"We prepare the test bench to cycle overheating and vibration.
18-feet - we outplayed the design a little, it's much thinner in size, the dimensions almost coincide with the old max. At the same time, according to the test results, the power of 20-30 kW is long-term depending on the cooling. And in the peak 60kW / 10s. Power buses are 40 squares mm.
For 12 fetes - about 8-10 kW for a long time. We are waiting for the manufacture of the stand."

Back