Adaptto Setup

Hello Guys

I have an Adaptto Max-E and need some advice, it randomly will enter 'Charge' Mode It usually happens when stopped and I need to press left and down to get back into normal mode. Any idea what is causing this?

Secondly what are everyones settings, I am struggling to get it performing as I would hope. The power seems too tame for the figures its attached to a cromotor hubzilla and feels really calm I want more whiplash causing power haha.

Thanks for any advice would love to get some tips and tricks on really getting this baby flying.

AccountMember said:
Hello Guys

I have an Adaptto Max-E and need some advice, it randomly will enter 'Charge' Mode It usually happens when stopped and I need to press left and down to get back into normal mode. Any idea what is causing this?

Secondly what are everyones settings, I am struggling to get it performing as I would hope. The power seems too tame for the figures its attached to a cromotor hubzilla and feels really calm I want more whiplash causing power haha.

Thanks for any advice would love to get some tips and tricks on really getting this baby flying.

1.Turn off 'Charge enable' in your display charge settings and this should stop it going into charge mode when riding. This has been a problem with others especially in the rain. I cannot remember the exact setting but it just stops charging from automatically starting when you plug in and switch on a charger.

2. I strongly recommend that you learn to do a manual setup and not rely on autodetect. Read through the adapptto manual pages where it tells you how to do this. To be honest all you needd to fine tune is angle corr, ind timing, and for more torque.. Pwr timing and then OVS timing for more top speed.
Other than that,, make sure throttle progression is set to zero and phase amps are at least x2.5 that of battery amps. To be honest, there are so many tweeks its hard to express across a keyboard as the adaptto menu is large and each motor works differently with it

Crank up battery and phase amps. Set OVS to at least 3. In the traction control menu, adjust the smoooth setting to the highest value. Also adjust the settings in traction control for the speeds at which the power kicks in to 3 to 5 km/h... And hold on.

Can I still charge once ‘charge enable’ is turned off

I just did an auto detect i assumed it would already have been done but it hadn’t

Motor is smooth as now and uses 40w to spin wheel no load 20mph before it was 5/600w to maintain no load 20mph so that’s sorted that I hope

OVS I want to leave as 0 since the top speed voltage limited will be around 56mph it’s enough for me

What ratios you guys using batt/phase? Edit: 2.5x thanks

Thanks for all the help I may play with manual tuning if I still want more power from it

The traction control Smooth setting was causing the motor to knock, the motor would kick in and out

Put it to the highest number instant smooth power

Things are looking good hopefully others find this post as I read so many long threads and you two guys just solved all my issues in 2 messages

Thanks again guys now to build the 72v 91ah pack for this Raptor 140R

Motor kicking in and out may also be due to low voltage setting. Make sure the battery settings have the correct high and low voltage cutout set. I set BMS low voltage to around 2.8v per cell, which allows for some voltage sag... 3v is playing it safe.

... Battery setup and BMS setup must be set.

Running autodetect a few times can narrow down the fine tuning zone.

Remember that 'Pwr timing' in advanced settings is what give mid range acceleration. Lift motor wheel off ground and throttle up. turn up pwr timing,, if the motor starts sounding a bit noisey or rough turn back down to whare it is quiet agin. On my cromotor i find 1.40 is the sweet spot. Some people use higher but i found the motor did make noise above this point.

You may have to turn charge enable back on before charging, i am not sure to be honest. You'll have to try and see.

No need to turn back on to charge so solved that problem fine, ill give it a ride now then mess with pwr timing.

As for ovs I thought it only kicks in when motor is at max voltage limited speed ill use it now and again for speed runs but didn't think it would make any difference at low speed acceleration?

AccountMember said:
No need to turn back on to charge so solved that problem fine, ill give it a ride now then mess with pwr timing.

As for ovs I thought it only kicks in when motor is at max voltage limited speed ill use it now and again for speed runs but didn't think it would make any difference at low speed acceleration?
trust us it does somehow.

Back