• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Advice on Ebike battery that can ship to my location?

MaxPowers

1 mW
I am in the US military and deployed to Korea. Therefore, I have a Korean mailing address, as well as an APO address. For those that do not know, an APO is an American address that forwards the mail to the base in Korea. It uses USPS.
I am here with my family and we are restricted to 1 car. So my family uses the car and I ride my bike every day to work. After a lot of research, I ordered an Ebike about 8 months ago. Based on shipping restrictions, budget, and need, I ordered an electric folding bike. 2015 Ejoe EPIC SE. I love it so much, I want another ebike. I want something I can thrash around on the weekends. Adding a kit to my current mountain bike looks to be the best option. I want a BBSHD from luna cycles. I would prefer a 52v battery and don't mind having something less than 10ah. Shipping a battery through APO does not work because of the restrictions.
Is there any way to ship these batteries to somewhere like South Korea? Any other reputable sites that use ground shipping? Any kits to plug 18650 batteries into a case? I am knowledgeable on building electronics, but do not have the confidence to tackle some of the builds requiring welding.

Thank you

Any US vendor can ship to that APO. After that,, it's up to the military to rule whether they will fly that thing to korea. Rules may be changed now that the hoverboard fiasco publicized lithium battery fires.

Check with the military, if they will forward a large lithium battery just buy in the USA and ship to the APO.

Probably better off finding something local. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

Jon NCal said:
Check with em3ev.com. They have quality batteries.
Yes I can vouch for their battery quality and their service as well. Run out of China by I think a British guy with local employees. Since they'll be shipping from China I'd think if anything it would be easier and cheaper to get a battery mailed to you there in Korea than it is to have them shipped to the US.

Large ebike batteries cannot ship to an APO because they cannot fly. I could try to make them ground parcel and they will sail, but there are other problems trying to get something that doesn't have to be ground parcel, ground parcel. The military doesn't control the shipping. It is shipped with the rules of USPS.
I will try em3ev.com. They seem to be a reputable site. Hope the shipping isn't too much.
I will pull the trigger on BBSHD with a 50v 30Q triangle battery soon.
There are no local shops I know of. Hard to find one because I do not read the language. Not a big electric bike culture here. Also not a DIY culture.

Have things changed so much ?
I used to know US military guys in Europe who could get anything they wanted from the US flown out to them ?
..Food, booze, Harleys, cars, etc.. (im not sure some of the girls were "family" either :lol: )
Seems ironic that an organisation like the Military, set up specifically to manage and control dangerous situations and materials, cannot get one of their own a simple battery transported to his place of work !

Reading better this time,, just go to EM3ev, and have a battery and a Bafang kit shipped to the korea address. Simple.

Back