Aerodynamics thread?

Something like this

aluminum Wok ? Something light

f-d%3Ae8e831771893961ae1e76f94c46db5cb4c08a8d5804f710dea4ddf93%2BIMAGE%2BIMAGE.1

I like the Wok idea :D would look nice primed and painted

The Chinese express

Cost $18 ebay its 10L and will help recover cargo space lost to battery space.

s-l400.jpg

It may well provide a tail cone like effect likely it will provide no gain or loss which would be a success for gained cargo space. I can't see it costing a penalty who knows. Regardless Im going to use it as I need the space. the riding with a bag in the hand has been sucking more then ever with the ebike.

I have a plan to help show "papa" ehem reality.

I will have someone take a picture of me on the bike in riding position looking at the camera with my finger up :D

that small headlight fairing could be cut to hug the basket and have a small roof , its handy these come with a mounting method as that's half the battle.

CIMG1704.jpg

eCue said:
The first post is my sentiment exactly , improve the aero rather then add more battery and larger motor.

except aero doan help you climb.

i'm with you on the sentiment but instead of a simply passive setup, some active anti-drag would give more bang for the buck. (hi freq kV power supply may be problematic.)
and i may have missed it but no ones even mentioned something as cheap & dirty as serrated edges or hyperbolic math.
Air-drag-in-a-smooth-ball-768x540.jpg

Air-drag-in-a-dimpled-ball--768x396.jpg

https://bikerumor.com/2017/10/03/di...rtex-generators-create-faster-aero-road-bike/
Diamondback-io-triathlon-tri-tt-bike-2018-11.jpg

Drag Reduction by Using the Microriblet of Sawtooth and Scalloped Types
Tubercle effect
tests show that bump-ridged flippers do not stall as quickly and produce more lift and less drag than comparably sized sleek flippers.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2008/03/06/221447/whale-inspired-wind-turbines/
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022460X18301342
Leading-edge-serrations-and-tubercles-a-combed-serrations-on-the-leading-edge-of-the.png

20131251143579534-2013-03FishF3.jpg

whaleblade_x600.jpg

acoustics-02-00030-g001-550.jpg

4-Figure4-1.png

362px-VN-A861_LBG_SIAE_2015_%2818987933836%29.jpg

[youtube]aYyc4_z-wUE[/youtube]

Toorbough ULL-Zeveigh said:
eCue said:
The first post is my sentiment exactly , improve the aero rather then add more battery and larger motor.

except aero doan help you climb.

i'm with you on the sentiment but instead of a simply passive setup, some active anti-drag would give more bang for the buck. (hi freq kV power supply may be problematic.)
and i may have miissed it but no ones even mentioned something as cheap & dirty as serrated edges or hyperbolic math.

Serrated edges are new to me. I thought about aerotabs usefulness for directing the air stream but im not sure if there is any low speed viability to them ,probably not.

What idea do you have with serrated edges ?

I like the sounds of hill climbing power with good aero for maximum efficiency :) Its the efficiency that I like more then the speed gain. I look at the speed gain as a way to measure drag reduction.
In my case Im prepping the bike for distance runs with the goal of watt reduction at cruising speed and better headwind performance.

Video seems basic at first give it a chance as he moves onto deeper more relevant info to ebikers quickly.

[youtube]uuG7Mw76fUc[/youtube]

Everything helps

Back