AHOY! NEXT UPHILL BICYCLE RACE in the Global Series!

BTW, all racers please to observe (seen elsewhere) Universal Rules of Travel:
RULE ONE (for ANY vehicle operation in any atmosphere, aka "space"): NEVER DO HARM.
RULE TWO: NEVER TRUST (yourself, but especially not any other creatures, etc.)
Corollary: EG, your own and other vehicles, on land called the "terrain", etc. Most "stuff" will ALWAYS "change"/"wear" (and wear "out" and/or "break"), if not maintained or replaced as needed or desired). So, one should ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP PLAN and ALLOW FOR "CONTINGENCIES" (or be prepared to suffer the consequences).

RULE THREE: NEVER EXCEED PRUDENT VEHICLE OPERATING SPEEDS. (See Rule One, above.)
RULE FOUR: BE AWARE (Of other creatures and things eg your own vehicle operating indicators.)

LockH said:
RULE THREE: NEVER EXCEED PRUDENT VEHICLE OPERATING SPEEDS.

With open clear roadway rapidly accelerating to exceed prudent ebike operating speeds is one of the real joys in life. Since you obviously never have, how many people do you know have and complained complained afterward? Exactly 0 most likely. :mrgreen: I grew out of wanting to go fast decades ago, but once in a while it's really nice to do, especially like the other day when I was behind a Porsche Cayman on the highway in the meat of an uphill grade. I stayed behind him until he got past the traffic that had slowed him to about 60kph. Then I nailed it and passed him at which point he had already lost and wasn't able to repass me until after the peak at least 500m later. When you've got the ebike to do it, you live for those opportunities to be imprudent. :mrgreen:

Hehe... `Been fast plenty, plenty of trips. Reference is re SAFETY OF OTHERS. (In one experience, "stuff" failed with use.)

LockH said:
Hehe... `Been fast plenty, plenty of trips. Reference is re SAFETY OF OTHERS. (In one experience, "stuff" failed with use.)

But have you done it on an electric? It's quite a different experience. Luke went from a guy with a hopped up street racer and a liter or more displacement sportsbike that he drove and road to the limits, to being completely sold on electrics.

I understand the safety of others point, and agree wholeheartedly, but I consider that part of riding responsibly and would go well beyond only safety.

Hehe... Maybe 10,000 miles? Where others maybe "go down" from humongous displacements, I "went up" (from the Victorian-Edwardian etc pedal-only bicycle.) Cheapo guy didn't like "burning" all that food $$$ for transportation.

Oh goody. For any raving "lunatic" ebikers out there:
(Toronto, Canada — Moonrise, moonset and moon phases, August 2014
Current Time: Aug 10, 2014 at 8:32:01 PM
Moon Direction: ↑ 107.60° ESE
Moon Altitude: 1.62°
Moon Distance: 356999 km)

(And Moon: 99.8%, Near Full Moon (Waning Gibbous))

... been following this stuff re uphill bike after-race party thingees.

(and rides home.)

Found another (in the UK). Catford Hill Climb 2013 (billed as "oldest cycle race in the world"):
[youtube]J8M1L1N4cYw[/youtube]

(For antique pedal-only lovers apparently. MUCH bigger spectator turnout than Toronto EVent. Nasty/sneaky old ebiker wants to see more vids of ebikers going the same route "in record time".)

I see the Smithsonian mag had "The World’s Best Uphill Bike Rides":
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/the-worlds-best-uphill-bike-rides-159810804/

... but of course written March, 2012. So shortly before the first Toronto race (race not listed). Ebiking dudettes and dudes laugh about "rise over run". HA!

Hehe... speaking re "endurance", for 2015 working on cup etc for winners, (think adult soapbox racing) in conjunction w/Toronto uphill races, nearby ebikers "coast" DOWN short, v.steep hill to "kick off". ROLL (regen OK) as far `round corner at end/bottom and short block to next return uphill-ish street back north. So, course "U shaped". The glory to Ebiker rolling gravity free over length of short course 3/4 way `round sloped urban block (so the LEAST energy consumed by winner).

Come to my house. Just a few clicks away of gentle climb (about 200m rise over a run of about 4km) then you come around a curve and you're staring at 500m of rise over 2.5km of pristine road. :shock:

OK. Gotta check dates re 2016.

International Ebikers Party (race) at Capital J's place in `16! (Rude to say "dog pile".)

OK. "Honey? I'm back."... (Pls. hold "oh ohs", applause, etc. `til intermissions.)

Re best date in 2016 for raving lunatic ebiker dudette (and dude) sneaky nation to attend gatherings maybe? (Might be rude/scary to use phrase "descend on".)

Suggest the weekend of September 17-18. `Cause on 16th, 24hour-ish before, two thingees:
Full Moon. The Moon will be directly opposite the Earth from the Sun and will be fully illuminated as seen from Earth. This phase occurs at 19:05 UTC. This full moon was known by early Native American tribes as the Full Corn Moon because the corn is harvested around this time of year. This moon is also known as the Harvest Moon. The Harvest Moon is the full moon that occurs closest to the September equinox each year.

Penumbral Lunar Eclipse. A penumbral lunar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes through the Earth's partial shadow, or penumbra. During this type of eclipse the Moon will darken slightly but not completely. The eclipse will be visible throughout most of eastern Europe, eastern Africa, Asia, and western Australia.

(Hey. The "Hippies" had a "Woodstock" music fest in up-state NYC, eh? `Cept WE WANT MORE EBIKE RACING. These times... coming up, I mean.)

Oh goody. "Cycle up the iconic zig zag hill - BOX HILL." (In Surrey UK)
http://tribesports.com/challenges/cycle-box-hill-in-surrey

As Kiddo, family drove over Box Hill at least once.

(Still looking for info re "cheating" using electric bikes for this race.

As of this date, 11 ebike riders coming to Toronto ON race this coming Sun Sep 27.)

For the 2016 race in Costa Rica forget about August, Sep, early October. That's the meat of rainy season. Instead I'd suggest a winter date, so you guys can come to thaw out. Jan-Mar is the time to come, when it may rain only once in the area I live the entire 3 months, and if it does that means up north got blizzard conditions around the same timeframe.

Oh goody, a CR race. OK. So, 2016. Kinda a tradition for Toronto race, but Jan.23, 2016 (and Feb.22, and March 23) = Full Moon each date. Must check out charter boats from FLA (Carib hurricane season over). Sadly "between ebikes" at this moment. But TBA. Wonder if anybuddy else ES-style would take a few weeks off and sail from FLA. (Boat large enough to carry ebikes, of course.)

Just had a thought... Now that "Oh oh"s are out of the way, to award a prize also at next Toronto race for longest distance traveled to attend and participate in the race. "Under own steam".

(Now to canvas area retailers.)

BURP. Sorry. (Edited that post to add URL.)

Electrics ("cars") show how it is done:
[youtube]nMjsAMlXGBI[/youtube]

Shhh. (Don't wanna scare off the "competition" (so called).)
;)

Fifth Gear (Top Gear wanna-be show) had a electric race vehicle, went for world record top speed, 205mph. Was kinda cool, but unpracticle. I wonder what batteries they used.

I never liked road biking so that UK hill climb doesnt suit my needs. I've always been a true, full blooded mountain biker, now thats been diluted with electric mountain biking, but Im getting older so the need for electric is there. Now I can go further, and have more fun rather then break a sweat on hills I can just power through them.

Lock, theres hills in toronto :? ....i never saw one while living there,but im in hillsville now so maybe i am skewed.

Back