Anyone else having problems with Champion Electric Bicycles?

The first 2 1/2 years we were ordering from the same manufactures most of the US companies buy from today, what a nightmare!!! that was a little over than 1000 bikes, that was the learning curve we needed to understand the US consumer and what pushed us to create our frame design, our own unique battery design, and everything else that followed, and also bring the production to the US. Our first release around the beginning of 2010 which was the 24v bikes, was about 2500 units, our second revision was about the same, and now with our third revision, we are getting close to 1000 bikes per month. Now with us moving to our new facility we expect to jump to 2000 bikes per month, but we will be working on getting to 3000 per month.

Daniel said:
First I am not sure how long this post will be up, since we just found out the moderator of this page is our competitor and it is not being fair.

Who is the mod you refer to?

You just joined ES today, so I think it's fair to ask your association with this company? Owner or ?

Thanks.

The company is owned 2 Venture Capitalist firms and the original founders and I am one of them. So yes I am the Vice President, and the only reason I am writing here is because of several customers complaining directly to me that have posted great things about our company yet to be deleted by the moderator with the argument that there were Prodeco employees, which is not true; for my understanding the moderator is Grin Technologies at ebikes.ca, which is a company that deals on conversion kits, which happens to be a great conversion kit. What I dont understand is why so much hostility, there have been good problems, groin pains, which is a constant battle for us, but never have we lied or deceived anyone. So today reluctantly I signed up with endless-sphere to try to put an end to the madness, hoping not to be censored like some of my customers have in the past.

Thank you!

people that we checked out and dont own our bikes but yet write a review on our bikes, therefore there are fake reviews

We get a surprising amount of that here too.. hense the deleting and banning of various peodeco BS posts... no different than your own FB page..

and , exactly who are you ?

I am new to this, are you the moderator? because I am locked from responding to you on the other post. FB is open to every customer, for them to let us know if we need to improve on something, not to trash our bikes when they dont even own or tested the bikes.

Daniel Thanks for the reply and I wish Prodeco luck I wanted to say that before they lock this as well or ban us.

Yes Daniel, Ypedal is a moderator. BTW are you posting from home or on a work IP?

Also I went back 10 days in the moderator logs and there were no actions in the log by the two people that have moderator/admin rights that are eBikes.ca employees. So your accusation of that company in the other thread is unwarranted.

One of our volunteer moderators did ban two people that appear to have created two accounts from the same IP address on June 30th. This is in violation of the terms of service.

If you are on a corporate IP you ought to email that number to Ypedal so we can discern why you and Levy are sharing an IP address.

Daniel said:
Whose management? theirs or ours?, they are no longer at authorized dealer, however we allowed Champion to give us a list of customers that were accepted orders through April 30, 2012. We have not received payment from the dealer yet on your order. How did you pay them? why dont you send me a private message so I can work on it tomorrow. I will try to get to the bottom of it. Keep in mind Prodeco never took payment on your order yet. I am sorry you are in this mess, I will shoot to get this resolved promptly.

I sent you a PM. Thanks Daniel.

Ypedal said:
BigMoose is the nice moderator.. i'm General Jackass ! :eek:

I'm laughing... my wife's laughing... I love this place! :twisted:

... Gaston remember the movie "Magnificent Seven" a western from years ago? I can't wait for the other mods to ride over the hill! Do you remember who took the Gatling Gun home with them after our last party? :mrgreen:

Daniel ..I highly doubt you sell 150 bikes a day. I seriously challenge that. I also highly doubt the moderators would manipulate feedback.

Your giving prodeco a bad name with your outrageous claims.

Give the customer his bike!!

bigmoose said:
Ypedal said:
BigMoose is the nice moderator.. i'm General Jackass ! :eek:

I'm laughing... my wife's laughing... I love this place! :twisted:

... Gaston remember the movie "Magnificent Seven" a western from years ago? I can't wait for the other mods to ride over the hill! Do you remember who took the Gatling Gun home with them after our last party? :mrgreen:

Heh Heh. Heh.. Shhhhhh.. :D

Ypedal and bigmoose, thank you for letting me post here, Levy used to work here and attempted to reason with some clients posting here, since then we have asked all our employees not to post in this site; he is no longer with the company. I don't wish to write on your forum, I'll let the customers do that,I just wanted to be fair, the censorship I've talked about happened months ago, the only reason I started writing today was because of rumors we were going bankrupt.

As far as the other fellow from SF, let him be incredulous, it really doesn't affect me whether he chooses to believe or not, there will always be people that just aren't happy and would vent against someone without even knowing the person, but that is life. I take your challenge to make sure my company continues succeeding.

To each one of you that have paid and not received your prodeco bike, please contact me so I can help you fix your problem

Thank you

Daniel said:
Hi everyone. I for one never wanted to write on endless-sphere. First I am not sure how long this post will be up, since we just found out the moderator of this page is our competitor and it is not being fair. All the good posts and great customer feedback is being erased, the moderator argues that those doing so are employees of Prodeco. That is FALSE!!.

Better get your facts right before making accusations like that.

To the best of my knowledge I know of no active moderators here who run built ebikes businesses, so if you're going to make such accusations then you'd better provide evidence they've censored you. The board is owned (and run hands-off by that owner) by Justin, who runs an ebike parts business in Vancouver, but he isn't the sort to moderate competitors, and I'm not even at all sure you are a competitor in reality,

I've never, once, seen an example of any of the volunteer moderators here censoring on the grounds of commercial pressure, in fact quite the opposite.

Give me the evidence that your company has been unfairly treated by the volunteer moderators on here and I'll quit posting, as this sort of behaviour goes totally against the whole ethos of this forum.

If you don't have evidence to support your accusation, then retract it.

What to do if you experience deleted or altered posts.

PHOTOGRAPH your post as soon as the posting appears, as a mod may be waiting for you, delete happens real quik. Don't bother arguing on the offending blog (any privately owned blog), contact the gov privacy agency as it may be illegal, depending on state/province regulations.

So your post disappears & the involved mod denies it was he, another mod checks the "logs", no record, then who can it be other that the owner/staff???

Censoring for commercial interests is considered a commercial right, by a blogs owner, hope you got a smarter lawyer.

goinmobile said:
What to do if you experience deleted or altered posts.

PHOTOGRAPH your post as soon as the posting appears, as a mod may be waiting for you, delete happens real quik. Don't bother arguing on the offending blog (any privately owned blog), contact the gov privacy agency as it may be illegal, depending on state/province regulations.

So your post disappears & the involved mod denies it was he, another mod checks the "logs", no record, then who can it be other that the owner/staff???

Censoring for commercial interests is considered a commercial right, by a blogs owner, hope you got a smarter lawyer.

When has there ever been commercial censorship here on ES?

If anything, I've seen the opposite, with commercially-minded members often being allowed to promote their goods with thinly-veiled posts on other topics. Not once have I seen anything close to
Censoring for commercial interests is considered a commercial right, by a blogs owner, hope you got a smarter lawyer
on this forum.

Maybe your advice is sound when posting on a commercially owned and operated forum, but remember ES is a volunteer moderated community, not a commercial venture. Heck, members here have even dipped into their own pockets over the years to cover the hosting fees!

Jeremy is correct... the paranoid droids need to remove their foil hats.

Yes, we have purged some prodeco bullcrap that just obviously is trolling non-owner / wannabe dealers trying to drum up some sales ( like those with 10 posts in a day with nothing other than prodeco marketing BS.. ) ..

but if a real owner shows up with pictures and a real review of the product, we welcome feedback of this type and i'd encourage it... unfortunately some bad eggs have ruined it for the good eggs so it can be a rough start to real reviews nowadays..

We rarely delete stuff, unless it goes way above and beyond insult and personal threats (* and even then.. some of that ends up remaining at times lol ) ... it happens.. not often. and surely not hidden.

I'd welcome prodeco to send me a unit for proper review, i guarantee it will be fairly tested and put thru it's paces.. un-biased and just.. but be ready for the real deal review if i do !!! 8) both good.. and bad ,.

Jeremy, Perhaps you can clear up my misunderstanding that this blog's owner is not commercial interests?

According to another mod, Bigmoose's post at 8:08 pm yesterday that ebike.ca has 2 employees active here as an admin & a mod.

Please explain why that is not "blog owner commercial interest".

I enjoy your all your tech posts Jeremy, thanks.

My post is about honesty.

I don't think much of a manufacturer denying responsibility to unsatisfied customers who bought the brand from its dealer network. Did you not cause the issues from not delivering bikes on schedule?

Kinda new here huh.

Go to the biker bar , other toxic discussions, and read the stop deleting content post.
Should be able to find an answer in there.

goinmobile said:
Jeremy, Perhaps you can clear up my misunderstanding that this blog's owner is not commercial interests?

According to another mod, Bigmoose's post at 8:08 pm yesterday that ebike.ca has 2 employees active here as an admin & a mod.

Please explain why that is not "blog owner commercial interest".

I enjoy your all your tech posts Jeremy, thanks.

My post is about honesty.

I don't think much of a manufacturer denying responsibility to unsatisfied customers who bought the brand from its dealer network. Did you not cause the issues from not delivering bikes on schedule?

My guess is that you've not taken the time to read and understand the history of this forum, or the way it's currently managed and run. It was subject to a threatened commercial take over a while ago, and was only saved from becoming a commercially operated (as distinct from company owned) forum by the generosity of Justin at Grin.

Sure, that means it is technically "commercially owned", but to assume that that means in this case that it's commercially controlled would be plain crass. Go read the history and see what happened and how this place is now run.

Justin is about as hands off an owner as you could wish for. Sure he and another one of his colleagues has to have moderator rights - how else are the inevitable forum bugs going to get fixed? In practice the forum is moderated by volunteers, people with no commercial axe to grind, like Bigmoose and Ypedal.

To suggest, or even so much as hint, that ES is commercially controlled and moderated, such that some commercial enterprises may be disdavantaged, is frankly insulting, as all those who've been members here through the turmoil of the attempted commercial sell-out will confirm.

If your post is about honesty, then I suggest you go and read up the history of the forum, start with some of the debate in this thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30612 and maybe this one: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30638 and why not read Justin's summary, here: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30741 ?

Maybe then you'd have a better view as to why this forum values honesty and transparency, to the extent that many members voluntarily advertise Justin's business as a way of thanking him for keeping this forum non-commercial.

Let's get back to topic: CHAMPION BICYCLES

I will be reporting fraud and theft at 5pm today on Champion Bicycles. If they do not make payment for my bike to Prodeco TODAY, then Champion will face my attorney's very aggressive tatics.

Champion has taken my money, severed ties with Prodeco and failed to pay them for my bike. This is THEFT 100%.

CHAMPION, you have today to make payment! Invoice# 1533.

***Champion called me and cancelled my order...*** I guess that is ok, since I will get my money back, but what about waiting patiently for 7 months just to have to go through all this and now have to wait another 4-8 weeks for a new order WITH another COMPANY. How could all of this turn out SO horrible for customers???!!?

-if there's any confusion, it's all about Champion, one of Prodeco's former sales outlets

Daniel, perhaps you can shed some light on Champion, now trading as Evantibikes (spl).
I've personally not been involved with Prodeco bike,s but I get lots of (local) questions where I'd prefer to not make assumptions.
Nobody local made any deposits on their purchases, but after months of no delivery have finally given up trying to purchase your product.
Daniel said:
Ypedal and bigmoose, thank you for letting me post here, Levy used to work here and attempted to reason with some clients posting here, since then we have asked all our employees not to post in this site; he is no longer with the company. I don't wish to write on your forum, I'll let the customers do that,I just wanted to be fair, the censorship I've talked about happened months ago, the only reason I started writing today was because of rumors we were going bankrupt.

As far as the other fellow from SF, let him be incredulous, it really doesn't affect me whether he chooses to believe or not, there will always be people that just aren't happy and would vent against someone without even knowing the person, but that is life. I take your challenge to make sure my company continues succeeding.

To each one of you that have paid and not received your prodeco bike, please contact me so I can help you fix your problem

Thank you

Back