Aussie Ebike Noob needs Help

Good choice, I was gonna order that controller too.(be prepared for egrin phenomena ) You were asking if I was pedaling at 52 km, anything after 40 kms/hr the bike is going to fast to spin the wheels. I pedal up to 40 kms/hr than the motor takes it up to 52 km. I have a 26 inch tires and a regular steel mountain bike with steel forks.

newbie electric rider said:
Good choice, I was gonna order that controller too.(be prepared for egrin phenomena ) You were asking if I was pedaling at 52 km, anything after 40 kms/hr the bike is going to fast to spin the wheels. I pedal up to 40 kms/hr than the motor takes it up to 52 km. I have a 26 inch tires and a regular steel mountain bike with steel forks.

u can change the ratios however yeah i do agree.

its one of the reasons i wanna be able to get motor like this or the puma into a hybrid, or even flat bar road bike - so i can put 53t cogs on the front
and 23-11t on the back.

i've got 52t and 23-11t on the road bike atm - u can contribute to the speed all the way up to 60kph+

only problem is if ur batteries run out... good luck trying to peddle then :p

"i've got 52t and 23-11t on the road bike atm - u can contribute to the speed all the way up to 60kph+"
Any thing over 50 km/hr on a bike starts to get kind of scary. Hitting a pot hole could be catastrophic. I wonder if there is a speed / egrin chart here somewhere.

newbie electric rider said:
"i've got 52t and 23-11t on the road bike atm - u can contribute to the speed all the way up to 60kph+"
Any thing over 50 km/hr on a bike starts to get kind of scary. Hitting a pot hole could be catastrophic. I wonder if there is a speed / egrin chart here somewhere.

oh yeh very true, thats where responsibility comes into it - ie only on certain roads, only in certain areas.

Back