Bafang 8fun pedal play

CyberCrime

100 mW
HI all, I have just setup a 750w Bafang 8fun. Can someone tell me if the play in the pedal is normal?
I have about a inch or 2 of movement play turning before the chain starts to turn.

Are you talking about the ratchet on the freewheel? You can turn the pedals backwards with the chainring not moving, and you hear the click of a large internal freewheel whilst you do so. If you're between rachet stops on the freewheel when you try to pedal forward again the pedals will have to move a little bit before it turns the chainring again. Not much though.

Michael

mfj197 said:
Are you talking about the ratchet on the freewheel? You can turn the pedals backwards with the chainring not moving, and you hear the click of a large internal freewheel whilst you do so. If you're between rachet stops on the freewheel when you try to pedal forward again the pedals will have to move a little bit before it turns the chainring again. Not much though.

Michael

Yes I think that's it when I start to pedal the pedals turn about 1 inch or so before the chain starts to turn. If I stop pedalling and start again some thing happens pedals turns about 1 inch and then the chain will turn. None of my other bikes do that but all are hub motors.
All in all the motor is great I have just done over 80miles with it and its got quieter as the miles have been building up. at the moment its almost silent.
Just hope Bafang make a more powerful version.

I'm 12 stone. If I compare it to my mac 8T I would say the mac accelerates fast and climbs hills a lot fast, but saying that the Bafang climbs steeper hills at a slower speed than the mac and is faster.
My mac tops out at about 32mph, I have got 38mph on the Bafang. It just takes longer to get there.
Out of both of them I would say the mac is more fun. But I think the Bafang will be more reliable (well with the built in controller your not going over its limits all the time)
The Bafang is a lot quieter than the mac.

Back