Bafang G310 with £17 ebay KT controller and KT LCD3 - problems

I think that would be my best option

but what controller?
To put things bluntly, the best way for you to avoid having to troubleshoot anything is to get a factory ebike. The next best is to buy a complete kit, not parts, since assembly from parts is too advanced, requires compatibility, and you'll just be posting a new problem in the future.
You are barely at the newb kit building stage of DIY, which is getting a kit with fully compatible components and plugging the in together. I see users that have no experience or knowledge that are successful simply because they have a DIY attitude.

These folks gave you very sound advice, yet you focused instead on throttle, settings and PAS, and are avoiding the work necessary to fix the issue:
If it doesn't work in walk mode, it's not going to work in any other mode; the extra inputs will just give you more things to troubleshoot. ;)
When I don't know if I have the throttle wired or configured properly on a KT controller, I do walk mode to see if the motor runs. That is the down button on the LCD3 control. Hold it down for a few seconds. Wheel is suppossed to spin at 6km/hr. If it doesn't, there's a motor-connecctor issue.

To put things bluntly, the best way for you to avoid having to troubleshoot anything is to get a factory ebike. The next best is to buy a complete kit, not parts, since assembly from parts is too advanced, requires compatibility, and you'll just be posting a new problem in the future.
You are barely at the newb kit building stage of DIY, which is getting a kit with fully compatible components and plugging the in together. I see users that have no experience or knowledge that are successful simply because they have a DIY attitude.

These folks gave you very sound advice, yet you focused instead on throttle, settings and PAS, and are avoiding the work necessary to fix the issue:

Blunt is the word

there is a story about a bloke asking the way in Devon. He pulled his car up and asked a rustic the way to Tiverton. The rustic said "If I were you I would not start from here."

I shall now attempt to find a controller with the right plugs that self learns the windings....

any suggestions

It’s not difficult to go through the phase combinations, provided you make sure you don’t short anything out when doing the tests. You have nothing to lose with the controller that you have currently got. And you can pick up a pack of heat shrink sleeving from B&Q very cheaply.

Here is a spreadsheet that will help you to find the combination that will work. The correct combination is when the motor pulls under 100w unloaded and spins properly in the correct direction. Go easy on the throttle because some combinations will spin the motor but will pull a lot of current at full throttle. And also make sure you have PAS 1 selected for all of the tests, the throttle won’t work on PAS 0.

DBE4CB25-EB7E-433F-A66E-D122D225A008.jpeg

Last edited:
I spent a marvelous day working my way through the above chart....

same symptoms in most settings with all the wires colour matched

some it clicked once, some it never moved. most gave me a slight judder when I tried to move the wheel in reverse.

Jill came in to find me cutting up the extension cable for the motor

she asked me why I was doing it and I told her that some bloke on the internet told me to do it

she gave me one of those looks

I will re-order a new cable

I noticed that these people make G310//311 kits that use Lishui controllers - but it is hard to see which one they use

I have emailed Lishui in europe and also Yosepower in the UK

I can get a controller and display for around £60

thank you for your all round niceness

any guidance or greatly appreciated

Dylan

Back