Banshee Chaparral with GNG gen 1.1

Secret1511

100 W
New project.
Bouhgt the frame for 100 e.
Will it be a good frame for a 3000w project?
-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,567
I got the same frame and is planning to put a mid enginge in it. Possebly a GNG. The frame is very solid and should be a good platform unless it is a 2005 model. A few of the 2005´s cracked in the V at the bottom of the triangle. The frames from 2006 and newer is much stronger and those frames apparently has a lifetime or 10 years warranty.

I reckon it should be a cracking bike with 3000W in it. I have bomber 888 forks and it is a wonderful bike. Can´t wait till I get a motor in it. I will follow your project closely.

Cheers
Alex

arcticfly said:
I got the same frame and is planning to put a mid enginge in it. Possebly a GNG. The frame is very solid and should be a good platform unless it is a 2005 model. A few of the 2005´s cracked in the V at the bottom of the triangle. The frames from 2006 and newer is much stronger and those frames apparently has a lifetime or 10 years warranty.

I reckon it should be a cracking bike with 3000W in it. I have bomber 888 forks and it is a wonderful bike. Can´t wait till I get a motor in it. I will follow your project closely.

Cheers
Alex

Hello Alex,

Ok nice!!! I wil follow you to!
I only need a fork. I life in the netherlands so no mountains here and no seccond hand forks. :shock:
So it will take some time to find one.
Where do you place the battery?

Secret1511 said:
arcticfly said:

Cheers
Alex

Hello Alex,

Ok nice!!! I wil follow you to!
I only need a fork. I life in the netherlands so no mountains here and no seccond hand forks. :shock:
So it will take some time to find one.
Where do you place the battery?

I mean downhill forks. I need like 160mm travel

Battery placement is a problem. I do not want it over the back wheel, so I will try to place them on the frame some how. Not shure yet.

I´m from Norway so no shortage of mountains... Lots of forks on ebay at times. Try the UK or German ebay.

arcticfly said:
Battery placement is a problem. I do not want it over the back wheel, so I will try to place them on the frame some how. Not shure yet.

I´m from Norway so no shortage of mountains... Lots of forks on ebay at times. Try the UK or German ebay.
Hi guys!
You could try it this way. Four turnigy 6S5Ah fits tight in the triangle, i made a base out of plywood.
The Kona stinky i got looks like a similar concept of frame. I ride it every day, playing around. 24S +3kw. Funniest thing on two wheels ever.
Good luck with your builds.
/Christer, Sweden.
WP_001148.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWj8q-LGfLc

Christer, 5 AH won´t get you very far though. But what if I paralell a pair and make a 12s 10 AH and put a boosterpack somewhere? Might be room for a booster pack on top of the other batteries... I would think 60V is more than enough for me... 2000W should be plenty.

I would think the space inside the frame is pretty much the same as your Kona.

I have a bottle battery with lifepo4 48v 10ah
I think that it can fit 4x lipo 6s 500mah. Maybe 5.

Gonna try to fill this with lipo

Attachments

• IMG_2373 (1000x750).jpg
    IMG_2373 (1000x750).jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 4,815
Yes here it is!!!!!

Banshee Chaparral.
GNG gen 1.1
12s2p lipo (44v 10ah)
Lyen 9 fet modded controller (running 50 amps)
Cyclone Isis BB crank and freewheel (very good)

New mods comming up:
- Lyen 12 fet modded
- Chain conversion

Trying to get 4000watt

foto 1.JPGfoto 2.JPGfoto 5.JPGView attachment 1foto 6.JPG

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER said:
Cool build!

Hoe is de slijtage van de ketting naar de cassette en de cassette zelf?

Thanks man. This is my first cassete and chain and they are still holding up.
It is very important that the adjustment is perfect. And that you use quality stuff. Mine is compleet shimano xt.
The only problem is that i keep ripping belts up. That's why i need a chain conversion or a better belt system. I know that lightningrods is working on it :D

MAGICPIE3FOCUSPOWER said:
Thanks for sharing yout info.

And what about the motor noise, does anyone hear when you are riding?

Yes it is not a noisy system but,
yess people do hear you, but that's the idler of the second drive.
When i do the chain conversion of the belt i use sheets of lightningrods. I hope to eleminate the noise a bit.

I use the bike for downhill and trails. A mid drive is unbeatable. The torque is massive and the engine stays rather cool with long climbing.

Here is my chain mod. Keep breaking belts. 65t to 11t. Sheets from lightningrod

Attachments

• foto 1.JPG
    foto 1.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 4,263
  • foto 3.JPG
    foto 3.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 4,263
New Battery case! Made from dibond.

Attachments

• foto 2 (720x960).jpg
    foto 2 (720x960).jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 3,974
  • foto 3 (960x720).jpg
    foto 3 (960x720).jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 3,974
  • foto 4 (960x720).jpg
    foto 4 (960x720).jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 3,974
  • foto 5 (960x720).jpg
    foto 5 (960x720).jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 3,974
arcticfly said:
Pretty cool! How many AH can you fit in there?

Didn't try that but 18s2p is what i ride now. i think 18s3p wil fit. But then i need to put the controller some where else.

Do you have step by step photos of how you made this? Wouldn´t mind to copy you on this. My build is at a stand still as I´m not sure if I want chain or LR´s belt drive. But I can still start to make a battery box... In the mean time my hub bike will have to do...

arcticfly said:
Do you have step by step photos of how you made this? Wouldn´t mind to copy you on this. My build is at a stand still as I´m not sure if I want chain or LR´s belt drive. But I can still start to make a battery box... In the mean time my hub bike will have to do...

Hi Arcticfly,

No i have no pictures. I used Dibond 3mm plates.
First i made a model of hardboard then cut the sections of dibond. I used alumimium profiles and glue them to gether.
Then i used popnails to make a strong construction. I use side pannels on both side., a litle bit stealth bomber style.
Then i used carbon vinyl for the finishing touch.

Looking at my Banchee frame, and it seems I have a larger shock absorber that fills the frame more than yours. Don´t think I can fit batteries in the triangle at all. Looks like I have to use a backpack. Thank you for the explanation of your build. Back to the old drawing board...

arcticfly said:
Looking at my Banchee frame, and it seems I have a larger shock absorber that fills the frame more than yours. Don´t think I can fit batteries in the triangle at all. Looks like I have to use a backpack. Thank you for the explanation of your build. Back to the old drawing board...

Can you post a picture of your frame?
I made my batterybox 12cm so i can fit 2 next each other.
How much do you wan't to fit?

Back