Bewo, New Crank-drive Motor

I have been in contact and have an excellent price quote. But, i'm not clear, will this kit workd with a wider BB? Or is it like the 8fun and fits best with 68mm. I'm back to thinking my Trek could be resurrected as this motor fits differently. Will it work with a 73mm? Or be, in my opinion, a sloppy fit like the Bafang?

OK got the correct answer on the kit. It can be ordered for a 68MM BB OR a 73MM BB. Mr Chen says that they will ship with parts to fit BOTH sizes for an additional $5. Fantastic news. A definite improvement over BBS01.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzkwMTA5NzY4.html

Total price to the USA of $420 with both parts, 68MM and 73MM

I went to an 11T, but the very cold weather and reduced battery performance (-4C) doesn't allow for a fair test of speed increase from the 14T. Since I'm on totally flat ground I thought I might order a 52T chainring for experimenting.

I may order A BEWO this spring for my 3rd bike. I think I can get my money back, selling if I don't like it.

tomjasz said:
OK got the correct answer on the kit. It can be ordered for a 68MM BB OR a 73MM BB. Mr Chen says that they will ship with parts to fit BOTH sizes for an additional $5. Fantastic news. A definite improvement over BBS01.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzkwMTA5NzY4.htmlTotal price to the USA of $420 with both parts, 68MM and 73MM
is this a kit price? So the complete set?

Kiriakos GR said:
The KIT comes complete with out a battery.
BEWO is the KIT manufacturer and not just a seller, they do not trade batteries.
They DO sell batteries as well. I have spoken with them and they will sell a kit COMPLETE. I did not price or ask for specifications on their 36V, ONLY, batteries.

Tom

Kiriakos GR said:
tomjasz said:
I went to an 11T

Thanks for the Tip, my research drive me to DNP Epoch Freewheel: 7 Speed 11-28T Nickel Plated.
Now I am looking to find a close to me retailer.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...ewheel:+7+Speed+11-28T+Nickel+Plated&_sacat=0

DNP is junk, I have a spare, it may last on the flat roads I ride but I'd bet it won't last long on hard hill use. I have two. Shimano is harder to find for a threaded hub. My new wheels are the splined type and that makes finding 11T easier. BUT I imagine you want a 34T too, for you small mountains?

http://sheldonbrown.com/k7.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 6.14.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-13 at 6.14.28 AM.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 1,632
Kiriakos GR said:
I got my bicycle as new at 5 July 2005, up to date the 28T is only for decoration purposes. :lol:

Regarding BEWO is nice seeing them to expand in to batteries solutions, when asked the same question they said NO.

Regarding DNP Epoch if its freewheel can do 20.000 Km before collapsing, then seems good to me.
There some wackos over eBay selling old shimano freewheel for 250$, I am not that passionate.

I'm waiting to find out what the battery specs are and a picture of the battery pack. I hope it is a frame mount like my current batteries.

Here is how mine are mounted. I have since added many thing including rear racks and panniers, Alex rims, rechargeable from battery back lithium lights, bells, horns, windshield and studded tires on my winter rider as well as front fenders to keep dry.

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,435
Kiriakos GR said:
The KIT comes complete with out a battery.
BEWO is the KIT manufacturer and not just a seller, they do not trade batteries.
I meant a kit without batteries ofcourse. Thanx.

BTW is it also possible to use a chainwheeladapter with a 38T chainwheel? (its for a city bike)

Kiriakos GR said:
tomjasz said:
Please take that as a complement as it is intended.
Regards,

Tom

Thanks for the complement Tom! :)
Regarding your ebike, in the beginning of my research for a battery I fall in love with those specific (water bottle) battery design, but later on discovered that the practical shape restricts battery capacity.

I did this Key-Disp speedometer VS GPS comparison, speed is spot on from low to high, I did upload just now some fresh pictures of my latest upgrades.
http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=963.msg2419;topicseen#msg2419

A headway pack that fit mid frame would be sweet, but you like many others need more power than us flatlanders.

I suspect 40 is no more valid than 100 on my VW bug or whatever the max reading is on any speedometer.

For better braking I converted to Kool Stop Salmon. I noticed you were looking at an upgrade mentioned on your technical pages. I can't believe how much more stealthy the BEWO is. It's almost hard to see. I REALLY like the finished bike. Well done!

I did notice Kool Stop has a EBike compound but wonder how it will wear my alloy rims. No solid information I could find I like the Salmon until it got very cold. But i am a much slower rider in cold wet and icy weather.

WOW that's very bad. Two of the best products ruined by poor representation.

Is shipping from the USA excessive? UK is less cost?

I have an account with USPS. I get very good discounts if I purchase postage from my account online and print labels at home. They send me boxes international included by ordering online. Flat rate works best for me if the product I'm shipping fits the available size boxes.. Some discounts as much as 20%. At least that is my experience. I do not like to sell international because some buyers blame me for the delay.

When asked several local bicycle stores regarding what is the benefit in speed of one MTB by using 13T or 11T compared to a classic 14T (highest bicycle gear) no one was willing to give a clear answer.

Will the calulator here help?

http://www.bikecalc.com/speed_at_cadence

The DNP has longer grooved section. The DNP was so cheap when added to one of my orders I bought it just in case. But I think the Shmano should work just fine. Is your hub splined or threaded?

Kiriakos GR said:
Just received email from DNP, they do selling directly to end customers.

LY-1107KFN (11-28T) USD 8.8
Z-RTFW11T USD 2.4 (tool)
Regular air mail USD 12 (8-11 days from Taiwan to you)

Because I do have SHIMAMO compatible cog tool, what I am not aware is if this is also compatible with DNP?
The DNP spine is deep inside, so you need a long-reach tool. For hub-motors, you also need one with a hole big enough to go over the axle.

Hello Kiriakos,
How is going with your kit? Still without issues?
Is there a place/way to mount another chainring, smaller one?
How about PAS? How much levels are supported? And what's PAS start /stop reaction? Do I need to use ebrakes?
Thanks

bandaro said:
Product Specifications
Voltage : 36vDesign : BrushlessWattage : 201 - 300w
Parameters
1.Driver Unit
Rated Voltage: 36V
Rated Power: 180~250W
Max Speed: 90r/min
Peak Torque: 60N•m
Noise:≤50dB
Temperature: -25℃~50℃
Weight:≤4.5kg
Water Proof Grade: IP54
Standard: EN15194-2009、ROHS
Range: 40km(with only power and 36V/9Ah lithium battery)
Climbing Angle: 6º
2.Electric Control System
Driver: DC brushless controller
Assistance Meter: LCD/LED
Speed Sensor: One Signal
Assistance Sensor: Inside
Assistance Control Mode: Speed Control, Power Control, Proportional Control

Best I could find, seems like a very simple low power drive, will be interesting to see if there is room on the market for it.

I would not even consider a 180- 250 watt rated system...no matter how inexpensive it is. I think it makes sense for a ebike to have a bit more power then you think you need, then to try and save money and purchase a motor system that barely will meet ones needs/ expectations.

I would imagine these weak kits are fine for your average chinese person that weighs 155 lbs or less , but for the american markets, where obesity is a epidemic, these underpowered kits arent meant for mainstream .

ebikedelight said:
I would not even consider a 180- 250 watt rated system...no matter how inexpensive it is. I think it makes sense for a ebike to have a bit more power then you think you need, then to try and save money and purchase a motor system that barely will meet ones needs/ expectations.

I would imagine these weak kits are fine for your average chinese person that weighs 155 lbs or less , but for the american markets, where obesity is a epidemic, these underpowered kits arent meant for mainstream .

Mmmm - I have a different p.o.v. I weigh 100kg (that's 220lb to the metrically challenged). I have two 36volt BBS01 mid-drives. The 350W is more fun but, to be perfectly honest, the 250W is quite adequate for my commuting needs. Makes my 12km (7.5 mile) each-way commute dead easy and I don't even notice the head winds. The bikes are almost always used on PAS and my battery often lasts several days. I'm often cycling well above 20km/h. I think the 'weak' BBS01 is a fine investment for the commuter who is just seeking assistance to ride more often and in a variety of conditions. That's why I bought mine and I believe that's exactly what the designers had in mind too.

Savvas.

Thanks Kiriakos GR for the detailed description of the installation of the kit. Have just purchased a kit and am looking forward to installing it. I will be interested to see how it compares to my Elation mid-drive which has done 12500km

tomjasz said:
What does it matter what the gear is made of if it works and lasts. You keep besting the drum and yet there are no failures. The bEWo has nowhere near the reports. For all we know it might be substandard metal. Much adieu about nothing.
Exactly, my BBS01's run fine. Did over 1000km already on 1 of them. They are dead quit also. The torque is just awsome on these 250W motors. Here only 250W motors are alowed so Bafang just gives the highest torque of all ebikes here.
And the most important factor..........its programmable!!!!

Back