BiGH's Ride!

Thanks for the tips. I'll kep that in mind fr down the track, but I don't think I will test ride anything just yet. I am happy being blissfully unaware of how crappy my bike is. :lol:

Funny you should mention headphones. I just got some new ones to use on the bike. They are Sennheiser PMX 680i for about $100. Really good so far. They have a neck band and hold the buds in the ear, but not jammed down your ear canal so you can hear ambient stuff better. Got the mandatory iphone controls/mic, sounds quality is pretty good, sweat proof, don't fall out.

Here is a random photo of how they sit.
images

What do you find you look at on the flash bike computer the most when riding? I have been trying to train to a heart rate at the moment. So pretty much ignore speed, and just try to keep my heart at ~140bpm to build aerobic fitness. And now that I know what 80rpm and 90 rpm cadence feels like, I hardly ever look at that. Then I just check average speed at the end to see how I faired.

sorry just saw this now, I mainly look at HR too... as it's an indication of how hard I'm pushing, but do tend to look at speed and distance too. Cadence not really, but to be honest I'm getting really sick of MapMyFitness' app. It keeps malfunctioning, and in almost every release they break something new. :( (often fix an old issue though).

adrian_sm said:
Thanks for the tips. I'll kep that in mind fr down the track, but I don't think I will test ride anything just yet. I am happy being blissfully unaware of how crappy my bike is. :lol:

Funny you should mention headphones. I just got some new ones to use on the bike. They are Sennheiser PMX 680i for about $100. Really good so far. They have a neck band and hold the buds in the ear, but not jammed down your ear canal so you can hear ambient stuff better. Got the mandatory iphone controls/mic, sounds quality is pretty good, sweat proof, don't fall out.

Here is a random photo of how they sit.
images

What do you find you look at on the flash bike computer the most when riding? I have been trying to train to a heart rate at the moment. So pretty much ignore speed, and just try to keep my heart at ~140bpm to build aerobic fitness. And now that I know what 80rpm and 90 rpm cadence feels like, I hardly ever look at that. Then I just check average speed at the end to see how I faired.

Second Build thread: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53479

Back