• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Bike frame with batteries inside?

Is there anyone selling bike frames with batteries already inside?

I have an ebike which I really love, but I'm tired of having to take the battery bag off to carry inside with me when I enter stores, etc. (I live in a major city; my batteries would certainly be stolen if I left them behind).

I've only seen a few ebikes with the batteries integrated, and they tend to be based on motor/controller designs that I do not like.

Does anyone know of any companies that sell a bike frame with the batteries inside, with good charging arrangements and a way to remove the cells every 2-3 years for replacement? I could also go for a fully-built ebike if it were cheap enough that I didn't mind having to replace the motor, etc.

The only ones I have seen are for pre-built e-bikes. I think your best solution might be the 36V 10Ah Ampedbikes battery http://ampedbikes.com/tubebattery.html. Really slick looking with a lock, so you can leave it on the frame while shopping or take it with you. It mounts to the bottle holder bracket and/or with hose clamps.

Back